Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Expensive repair!! Control arm bushings and struts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Expensive repair!! Control arm bushings and struts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy_Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/10 at 4:48pm
thanks guys!  yeah, we have been dealing with JP at seattle mini who is very nice.  after talking to him and thinking about the parts, we decided we will get the brakes done through them so we don't have to deal with the liability if something went wrong (but thanks for all the offers of help!).  hopefully next time my brakes won't be so bad that it will need everything like this time!  will likely get the bushings done in a month or two.  those weren't as bad as i thought they would be...  and at least we are getting a club discount :)

in the meantime, i will be taking it easy til my appointment next week!

Jenny
Jenny and Jared

03/MCS/Dark Silver/White Top/White Sport Stripes... otherwise known as Stella :)
lsmart View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 12:49pm
I got my control arm bushings replaced at 65,000 miles. They were shot. The work was done at Cantrel Motorsports in Kirkland. Awesome shop and owner. The prices are waaaay better than the dealer.
Dizzy_Jenny View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy_Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 3:49pm

Good to know!  Do you recall how much they charged you for it?

Jenny and Jared

03/MCS/Dark Silver/White Top/White Sport Stripes... otherwise known as Stella :)
ktrjones12 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktrjones12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/11 at 1:49am
I am sure you're not taking care of your car properly specially your control & strut arm bushing. Don't replace the parts that you think are still in good condition. You might end up wasting money for nothing.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/11 at 11:12am
This is not a car care problem. Control arm bushings are a known wear part for the first gen MINI. They tend to go bad at around 50,000mi. They sllowwwwlly go bad so it is a part that you will most likely not notice and feel suspicious when the mechanic suggests their replacement. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12