Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Get Togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNorthend caravan to North Bend for Stonehenge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northend caravan to North Bend for Stonehenge
    Posted: May/17/10 at 8:52pm
Hey Guy's,
I thought it might be easier to track who wants to caravan from the north end to North Bend to meet up with everyone else. I figure 7:30 at Frost is a good departure time. If anyone else wants to join me, feel free to chime in here.

-James
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
THRLRYD View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THRLRYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/10 at 9:18pm
Are you planning on taking 405 to 90?  I'm wondering if anyone wants to meet at the South Bellevue Park and Ride and then maybe we could try to meet up with your caravan?
Angie & Brandon

'07 BRG/B MCS

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/10 at 9:27pm
Yes that is the route I'm planning. I'll have my radio on and can broadcast on my way through. Channel 7-21 I believe.
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/10 at 9:32pm
Linda and I will be at Frosts for a 7:30 departure.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Ministry of Magic View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ministry of Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/10 at 9:32pm
See you at Frost @ 7:30 then! Ooooeeee!
MINI COOPER - Official Transport of the Ministry of Magic
tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/10 at 9:33pm
An option instead of taking 405 to 90, we could go 405 to HWY 908 (which becomes HWY 202) past the falls and go in the back way to Northbend. A little over an hour. (about the same amount of time as taking 405 to 90, maybe a little longer)

I will be picking my friend up in Redmond, so I will need to time it right so we can just fall in behind everyone on 405
"Do these stripes make me look fast?"

- 2006 Cooper S (ACTL SZ plates), Red w/ white top, White Bonnet Stripes, Sun roof, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Premium Package, checkered mirror
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/10 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by tyintegra tyintegra wrote:

An option instead of taking 405 to 90, we could go 405 to HWY 908 (which becomes HWY 202) past the falls and go in the back way to Northbend. A little over an hour. (about the same amount of time as taking 405 to 90, maybe a little longer)

I will be picking my friend up in Redmond, so I will need to time it right so we can just fall in behind everyone on 405

That's out through Redmond to carnation and up past Snoqualmie falls right? I've driven that before. It's a nice drive, but could be slow if the weather is nice and a bunch of people are out.
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/10 at 10:04pm

That is quite possible, but I don't know, since it would be early on a saturday morning...

Just an idea though

- 2006 Cooper S (ACTL SZ plates), Red w/ white top, White Bonnet Stripes, Sun roof, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Premium Package, checkered mirror
YEAHBBY View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YEAHBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/10 at 7:51am

From Frost are you getting on the 405 at Canyon Park? 

If so, I will likely meet you all on the onramp at you get on southbound a around 7:35/40.  I will have a radio so I can get an update.
Steve & Kathy
2009 MCS Pepper White
YEAHBBY
Ministry of Magic View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ministry of Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/10 at 8:02am
I drive the 405 from north of Canyon Park to the 90 quite a lot and it shouldn't take a full hour to get to North Bend. The "rack way" down 202 has a lot of traffic lights and speed zones but it is prettier; it probably would take a bit over an hour that way.
MINI COOPER - Official Transport of the Ministry of Magic
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/10 at 8:16am
It is alway fun to arrive at the staging points early to allow for visiting.  Just to make sure, I think the 7:30 time at Frosts is the DEPARTURE time - not the meeting time.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/10 at 11:32am
7:30 give or take a few minutes. If we're on the road by 7:45 at the latest, we should be good. Please arrive with a full tank however. I do plan on sticking to the major routes. Bothell-Everett HWY to 405 to I90.

-James
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/10 at 11:48am
I will meet up with everyone as you all pass the 124th street exit at just before 8:00 (google maps says that it should take about 25min to get from Frost Doughnuts to there). I will not have a radio yet (i am borrowing one from Hapa Hoala in Northbend), so I will do my best to get there before everyone passes.

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/10 at 12:08pm
Perhaps just pull onto 405 then off to the side of the freeway. Just be safe though.
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/10 at 2:07pm
Please note that the 9:00 am time listed on the official post will be the departure time.  We'll have a quick driver's meeting at 8:45.  Please get to the North Bend area early enough to get some coffee, tea or gas for the car if you need it.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/10 at 8:56pm

If you are planning on meeting us along the way, the best way to get in touch is with a radio. There are just too many people for me to try and call everyone like I did for the ERTC drive. I have a couple of extra radios if you want to borrow one.
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
Speeddemon150 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speeddemon150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/10 at 9:08pm
uh... i have a radio and what time should you be goin by the 85th st petco
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/10 at 9:09pm
Between 7:50-8 AM
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
Zippy View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 6:24am
We are going to try and meet the convoy at 520 / 405 very close to 8:00. I will have the radio on. 
06 MCS Royal Gray, MINI Fini Sportlink - Mostly Harmless
tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Zippy Zippy wrote:

We are going to try and meet the convoy at 520 / 405 very close to 8:00. I will have the radio on. 

It might be kind of difficult to find a place to stop near that interchange, be careful.

I will see you all at PETCO at 7:45.

Zippy View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 8:31am
NO STOPPING. I will simply drive towards 90 and hope for the best. 
06 MCS Royal Gray, MINI Fini Sportlink - Mostly Harmless
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 1:25pm
We may or may not show up at Frost in the morning. If not we will meet you all at the Canyon.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Seatactom View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seatactom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 3:56pm
What time do you anticipate being at 405 and 90?

Am planning on going from MI to North Bend to arrive about 0800.

Tom
2010 MSCS R57 Silver with Convienence, Cold weather, Premium, Sport packages, NAV and Sat radio
tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 7:51pm
I would guess that we would be to I-90 a little after 8

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by tyintegra tyintegra wrote:

I would guess that we would be to I-90 a little after 8

Yup that's about right.
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
THRLRYD View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THRLRYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 8:52pm
We'll try to meet up with you just after you all get onto I-90.  Not sure if there will be an opportunity to pull over and wait, but if not, we'll meet you all @ North Bend.  We'll have our radio on. 
Angie & Brandon

'07 BRG/B MCS

Post Reply Post Reply