Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello...
    Posted: May/21/10 at 8:46pm
Hello All,

We are new to the forum and we going to be buying our MINI at the end of the year.  We met with Tim and Brad at NW Mini and they treated us great.  We are planning on getting a Horizon Blue Clubman S.  Tim took us on a test drive and all I can say is WOW!!!  They said I had the "Mini Grin" plastered on my face and I didn't want to give up that key.  

We are up in Bellingham so its a bit of trip to get down to Seattle but by the looks of this group it will be worth the drive, especially once we get our mini Drool

Looking forward to joining in the fun.

Chris & Rhonda
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 8:50pm
Welcome to the club, but isn't Seattle Mini closer to you then NW Mini ?

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Silver_Surfer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 9:41pm

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 9:58pm
Welcome and congrats on your future MINI. You will love it! I lived up in B'ham a few years while going to college. Great town. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Feel free to drop in sometime for an event...you love Minis so of course you are welcome sans Mini.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/10 at 10:07pm
I bet you can hardly wait!  Waiting is the toughest part but well worth it.  Look forward to meeting you soon!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
chesney View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chesney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/10 at 5:19am
Welcome! Once you get your MINI all you will want to do is drive. Big smile

Muadhnat 09 Laser blue Clubman S, cold weather, iPod adaptor

Meadghbh(Maeve) 2009 Cooper S Clubman Laser Blue/Black Cold and Premium Pkgs
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/10 at 5:56am
GUMBY welcomes you too ClapClapClap
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

Starbug View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/11 at 7:01am
We finally did it.  We went and ordered our MINI last week and it is now scheduled for production.

We got a BRG II Clubman S with a black roof and bonnet stripes, black Infinite Stream wheels, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, convenience pkg w/MINI Connected, Sport Pkg, anthracite headliner, chrome line interior, adaptive headlights, and rear fog light. 

I think that is all of the major options we got. 

We can't wait for the delivery and getting involved in club activities.

Hope to meet everyone soon.

Chris and Rhonda

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/11 at 7:40am
WELCOME to the world of MINI - the one where permanent grins dominate. Big smile
Your MINI sounds spectacular! Keep us posted on the delivery. Hope to see you at MINI events very soon!

Cheers!

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/11 at 9:31am
Whoohoo!  WooHooWaiting is the hard part but worth it!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/11 at 9:46am
sounds like a great color combo..love the new BRG
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Starbug View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/11 at 5:09pm
I think I am going to wear out the computer checking the status online.  It is going to be a long 5-7 weeks.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/11 at 10:08pm
We can write an automated script for you, hehe 
Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/11 at 10:15pm
Greetings!  Great choice :) and you're in my favorite town in WA.  Love Bham.
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
Starbug View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/11 at 4:26pm
Hmmm...I wish I could use an automated script for checking the status.

I call 866-ask-mini today and found out my car is due to be completed on April 8th( WooHoo) and there is a ship leaving for the wets coast on the 12th.  I hope it makes it on, if not I will have to wait until the 26th for it to ship.

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/11 at 9:31am
Keeping fingers crossed for sooner than later! Tongue
sadmemories20 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadmemories20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/11 at 1:34am

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
cheetah View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/11 at 5:37am
Welcome Starbug & Sadmemories20,

Those of us old timers remember the wait was 18 months but it still makes for a long time waiting. We always welcome new members and miniacs tell us more about you and your mini.

Sanaye
Sanaye

05/MC/Gold, cold weather package, fog lights, Lights in Site, heated seats, leather car bra and Cheetah interiors.
minicommittee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicommittee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/11 at 1:27pm
Yippee Skippee for you!  And yeah to another Clubman S owner!  I have an 08 Laser Blue Clubman S, I know you will super happy with it (her/him).

Big smile
upintheclub View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upintheclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/11 at 3:44pm
+1 for Clubman S'es/S'/Ss(!)!
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/11 at 5:00pm
Welcome Starbug and Sadmemories20!!

The fun has just begun!!  This is a very fun group. I say you cannot take yourself too seriously when you are driving a grown up go cart.

Welcome to the club.

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/11 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Starbug Starbug wrote:

I think I am going to wear out the computer checking the status online.  It is going to be a long 5-7 weeks.

Welcome Chris & Rhonda (Starbug)!

I'm glad you found us and introduced yourself. You know... I think your Clubman will be the first BRG in the club. How awesome is that?! What a great color combo too with the black. NICE! Thumbs Up

I'm with Cheetah...  Be happy it's only 5-7 weeks. There are some members on this forum who waited nearly TWO years to have their MINIs built. At the time I inquired at NW MINI about ordering a MCS in 2006, they told me it would take 12-15 months (not weeks). I ended up buying mine from out of state and it took about 8 weeks for my baby to arrive. 

Anyway, welcome to the club and it will be awesome to see you on the road with us. You're going to have so much fun! I can relate to the "perma grin". Mine's been going strong for almost 5 years. Big smile

Cheers,
Brenda
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/11 at 7:28am
Originally posted by sadmemories20 sadmemories20 wrote:

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
Welcome sadmemories20 - 

Please tell us about your MINI or the one you may have on order. We'd love to hear more about your MINI and you. I hope to meet you at a club event in the near future.

Happy Motoring,
Brenda Smile
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Starbug View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/11 at 7:37am
Thank you for all of the warm welcomes.  I can't wait to attend my first event. 

Went to Northwest MINI yesterday and did all of my paperwork.  A car carrier arrived while I was there but my Clubby was not on it.  The driver told my MA that there were 2-4 carriers behind him and they had a mix of BMWs and MINIs on board due to load restrictions.

We got a call last night and my MA told me my car was in.  We are going down tonight (around 5pm) to pick it up.  I can't wait, and I will post pictures soon!
2011 Clubman S BRGII/Black roof & stripes: Convenience w/ Connected, Premium, Cold Weather, & Sport Packages
Ordered: 3/30, Brought home: 5/10
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/11 at 2:12pm
Starbug!

CongratulationsWooHoo on the new Mini.  There are certain events in life one cannot/will not be able to attend immediately after picking up their Mini because you won't be able to wipe the grin off your faceBig smile.

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Starbug View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/11 at 7:10pm
Thanks for all of the support and warm welcomes.  We brought our Clubman home on Tuesday night and been loving it ever since.  Here are a few of the pictures I took tonight.

I got my first MINI wave on my way home to night from Doccyber.  WooHoo
On Tuesday I have an appointment at Accutint Bellevue to get ceramic tint and clear bra applied.

Oh yeah and first mod was a CravenSpeed stubby antennae. 

Edited by Starbug - May/13/11 at 7:11pm
2011 Clubman S BRGII/Black roof & stripes: Convenience w/ Connected, Premium, Cold Weather, & Sport Packages
Ordered: 3/30, Brought home: 5/10
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/11 at 7:39pm
Great Pictures of a Beautiful Car!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/11 at 9:06pm
CONGRATULATIONS!  The BRG/Black is Awesome!
Hope you'll post "after" pictures on the tint.

Happy Motoring!

cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/11 at 9:18pm
CONGRATULATIONS!  Those are great looking pictures. Look forward to seeing it soon at an event.  BRG/Black is Awesome! I've had mine for 2 months now and still can't wipe the grin off my faceBig smile
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/11 at 8:46am
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. I hope to check it out in person someday soon. I believe your Clubman is the only BRG we have in the club. Super cool!   
 Post Reply Post Reply