Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGreenwood Car Show -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greenwood Car Show -
    Posted: June/26/10 at 10:23pm
According to the Seattle Times, there were almost 1.000 cars on display - taking up both sides of Greenwood Ave. for 23 blocks - and one estimate was about 20,000 spectators.  Yes, it was worth getting up at 0430 to be there for the 0600 setup time -

Hard to describe the experience - but it was a fun day with the PSMINI group and lots of interest from the spectators in our cars.  Hopefully some others will post some pictures. 
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/10 at 10:07am
I was there and I talk to the guys that put it on and they said the car count was around 850.  It was cool to see some of the mini's.  I wish they would of put the older and newer minis together.  I liked the woodstock themed Mini.  Very Cool.  I did like the gray older mini with the Honda motor.
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
Crikket View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crikket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/10 at 10:08am

Agree with you Jack - it was an interesting day with a fascinating mix of vehicles and spectators!  While I did not enjoy the 3:30 am alarm for the 6:00 am arrival time, it was a fun event.  It was very nice to talk with so many current or soon to be Mini owners.  Brenda deserves the award for being the best “meet and greet” club member!  She is terrific at selling Minis and PSMini membership! 

Edited by Crikket - June/27/10 at 3:36pm
Glen & Linda - 07 MCS, PW, lounge, oak, all packages, bright turned R105s, carbon fiber.   
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/10 at 9:22am
Had a great time guys. Thanks for coming out. I agree it was cool seeing such a diverse range of cars on display. Got to watch the 2nd half of the WC game at the Pig & Whistle pub too so was a great day overall.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/10 at 11:12am
Linda - Great that you took some pictures before the crowd arrived!
Jack -

MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/10 at 2:00pm
We didn't get to see much of the show, but had a great time while we were there!!  Thanks to all for looking out for Stella while we had to step away.  
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/10 at 7:19pm
Helloooooo!

Sorry for the late post . . . I've had to be away from my computer.

GREAT SHOW!  It's taking over more blocks each year!  What an incredible mix of autos!

Here are some of my pics. Crikket already did a Great job of capturing our PSMINI group. Thumbs Up

YEA!  PSMINI !

SAMOA group of Classic Minis

I believe this car won "Best 4-cylinder"

Other participants that caught my eye

Wow!  These STRIPES sure look familar!

OH YEAH!  It's our very own FYRCHIK!

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/10 at 8:48pm
Outstanding Pictures , as usual, Genie B!  I didn't get to see the Wahoo in person this time (but I did see it on the water way back when!) so thanks especially for posting that one.
Jack -

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/10 at 7:21am
Actually Genie it was the V-tech panel MINI that won the award. It was pretty sweet too!
'80 Mini English White
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/10 at 9:17am

Hmmmm . . . I think that one got by me, I don't even remember it. Wacko

Silver_Surfer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/10 at 10:21am
ClapPSMINI, great pictures Crikket and Genie B! Looks like it was a great turn out, wish we could have been there for that one.

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/10 at 2:04am
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/10 at 7:40am
where are the MINIs John? They don't like them little ferin' cars? LOL
'80 Mini English White
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/10 at 11:00am
I thought the same thing, I guess we don't count.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/10 at 11:42am
I'm pleased to see both Genie and the other guy(who ignores MINI's) caught pictures of my friend Bob's Cal Spyder.  That car is amazing in it's fine detail and I guarantee there are no spots on it that could not be used for a dinner plate or surgery if required.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/10 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Crikket Crikket wrote:

Agree with you Jack - it was an interesting day with a fascinating mix of vehicles and spectators!  While I did not enjoy the 3:30 am alarm for the 6:00 am arrival time, it was a fun event.  It was very nice to talk with so many current or soon to be Mini owners.  Brenda deserves the award for being the best “meet and greet” club member!  She is terrific at selling Minis and PSMini membership!  

Ah gee...  Thanks Cricket/Linda!  Embarrassed  I'm definitely not shy when it comes to raving about PSMINI and MINIs.  LOL

Sorry for my delayed response...  I'm still recouperating from MINI Meet West (MMW) in Penticton B.C.  We left Sunday morning (the day after Greenwood) for MMW!  Wow... talk about busy, busy, busy!  We had to leave MMW yesterday morning because I'm working FD today.  We got home last night around 9:15pm.  I'm beat Sleepy but it was well worth it.  Rumor has it that my MINI won an award from the car show!  Shocked  Drew Derbyshire (aka swhobbit) has offered to bring back the trophy for me.  Big smile

Thanks for the fantastic pics from Greenwood!  I've enjoyed looking at them.  There were some mighty fine vehicles there...  AMAZING comes to mind.  I will have to share them with my hubby Steve so he can see what he missed while he was at the tractor show/pull at Wilcox Farms. 

Edited by Hapa Haole - July/02/10 at 12:35pm
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
 Post Reply Post Reply