Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2010 MINI XXX Car Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 MINI XXX Car Show
    Posted: September/26/10 at 4:01pm
Here's a few- I hope this post doesn't get too long:

Mitch had an easy-up!

Gina managed to lock her keys inside her car- but the pop-a-lock guy worked his magic!

Here's a row of closed top convertibles- except for those with easy-up's.  Note Leanne's new graphics!

Brenda had one too- to protect her four hours worth of detailing!

Good turnout for the S class.

Socializing in the rain.

Martin the MC giving away prizes.

The Clubman class.

Mini fire engine all the way from Yakima!

Beautiful Mini S.

Great turnout from the SAMOA club- we love your cars!

Anne and Creampuff.

I'm for sale!  Buy me and show a car at this end of the lot next year!

More beautiful classics.

GIR is back- and a big winner to boot!

More from the S class.

Jack as Minnie Pearl.

Sometimes there's a show going on in the parking lot as well.

Stacie and I both loved the color combination on this late entry.

Another parking lot car- hey, join us!  It's not just about pulleys and lowered suspensions and such!

Later, the more daring lowered their top.

The winner's all lined up.

Bruce

Edited by valvashon - September/26/10 at 7:47pm
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 4:08pm
It was the best rainy day car show everWooHoo
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

GIR View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 5:08pm
WOW AWESOME EVENT. Thanks to everyone who put it on I had a blast and was all red faced to have won as well. Thank you all...
Texan: '07 Custom MINI
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 5:09pm
Mitch - you had a TENT!!??  Too cool.  Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
GIR View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 5:26pm
To everyone who set it up... Great event I had a blast. Was good to have "GIR" make it there safe and sound. WooHoo
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 5:54pm
Great event!!! 
Only two things that could have made the event better: 
1. If there was no rain. 
2. If I won stuff. 
Smile
Just kidding though - great event and nice to meet everyone and their MINIs/Minis. 
Here are my photos: 
Let me know if you would like full size original of any of these. 

Edited by khammo01 - September/26/10 at 5:56pm
GIR View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 6:15pm
Love to get a full size of the engine shot u got love how it came out Smile
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 7:13pm
Great day at the show! Thanks for all who attended and braved the rain. Also thanks to our vendors who were able to make it and to those that donated to the raffle. We raised $303 for L.E.O. so that was a nice touch. Also, thanks to all who volunteered and helped to plan the event. I think things went well and even the weather didn't seem to dampen the spirits. Again it was great to partner with our friends at S.A.M.O.A with another great event! See you all next year!

In case you are wondering about who won awards, here is a run-down:

Best of Show: Louis Hilborn

MINI Cooper: 1st Mitch Hansen, 2nd Byrne Kelley, 3rd Genie B
MINI Cooper S: 1st Brenda Fromhold, 2nd Jack Grouell, 3rd Tim Barker
Clubman: 1st Anne Wild, 2nd Doug Hales, 3rd Nancy Sundberg
Cabrio: 1st Linda Grouell, 2nd Brian Fawcett, 3rd Leanne Powell
Mini Saloon: 1st Brian Casteel, 2nd Tim Boyd, 3rd Anne Wild
Mini LWB: 1st Carroll Frank, 2nd Mark Hurston
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 8:10pm

Here is a link to pictures from the day including pictures of the winners.

'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 9:07pm
"How-w-w-DEE-E-E-E! I'm jes' so proud to be here!"

(Very funny caption Bruce!)

Great Pictures everyone - THANKS for posting!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 9:18pm
How much for the white classic Mini for sale?? I'd love to give that a paint job to match my 'big' MINI. 
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 9:31pm

GREAT FUN!  THANK YOU!!! to ALL of the Organizers and Everyone who made this event happen!  Even though it was wet, the cars were all still BEAUTIFUL!  Thank you SAMOA for making it an even better time!

This was his "smile for the camera" grin.

Those rain drops beaded up nicely!

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 9:34pm

khammo01, I'll PM you with the phone number for the white Mini.

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 10:07pm
Had a great time today.  It's so hard to make choices from all the fantastic MINIs and Minis that were there.  It was also kind of fun to man the registration table because it gave me an opportunity to learn a few names better.  Everyone should man registration at some time so you can get to know other people better!  A big congrats to all the winners -- all well-deserved.  Thanks to those who shared their pictures.  I took a few pictures but won't post them because everyone else took such better shots.  As true northwesterners we all adapted well to the rainy conditions!  And also well done, organizers!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 10:22pm
Fun show. Even though it rained we had such a great turn out. Thanks to all that put this together ans all the sponsors. Your all awsome. It was fun to see the unique vehicles too.
Here is the link to my photos from my Droid phone. Sorry the Nikon doesn't go out in the rain much.

Calvin & Brenda Doss

2005 Black eye Purple Cooper-S MODs Alta 15% pully, Mini Madness stage 2 competition clutch,Madness air intake,Polyurethane bushing kit,strut tower plates, MDS coil pack.
heine12oz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heine12oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 10:26pm

from the show today,  Great job to all of the winners.  Thanks to all the sponsors and the event coordinators.  Well done!!

the only pepper white in the show!!

Real nice JCW

Row of S's

Best in Show!

Nicely done

The best sticker ever.  I need one. 

More from the Best in Show.  In case you didn't know why, now you know.

Best in class Non S

Seattle Mini is a great sponsor

My most favorite convertible

Best in class classic long.  Also Best in Dog, Sophie was my buddy

She loved me

Edited by heine12oz - September/26/10 at 10:32pm
pepper white. black roof. 20% tint. cobra stripes. rally lights. aero grille. 18" TSW Trackstar 5. Alta CAI. 15%
Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/10 at 10:40pm
Calvin & Brenda Doss

2005 Black eye Purple Cooper-S MODs Alta 15% pully, Mini Madness stage 2 competition clutch,Madness air intake,Polyurethane bushing kit,strut tower plates, MDS coil pack.
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 8:13am
It was a good turnout in spite of the weather.  Thanks to all those that had a hand in putting it together, and congratulations to all the winners. Great photos too!
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 10:09am
Thanks to the coordinators and those running behind the scenes.  Your hard work (mentally and physically) is very much appreciated.    BowDown

Loved the music Fred. Thumbs Up 

Hurray for raising some funds for L.E.O. WooHoo

Congratulations to all the winners. Clap  To those who participated in the show who may not have won a specific award, you are all winners in my book.  Wink Thanks for coming out and braving the rain storm. 

Too funny about all the pop-up rain shelters.  I bought mine on the way to the show at Fred Meyer in Renton.  It was on sale for $59.  What a good price and it was even blueLOL  So much for the 4-hrs of detailing my MINI because you really wouldn't have noticed once I arrived at the show.  Oh well....

I'm loving all the photos and videos.  Thanks for sharing and keep them coming...

Edited by Hapa Haole - September/27/10 at 10:40am
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 11:20am
I went in to Seattle MINI today to return my old power steering pump after replacing it. I talked to (Jerry, I think?) about the new 2011 MINIs (the Cooper S looks really nice, by the way) and about the Triple X show - he said that someone who saw the show came in and bought a MINI! 

So really great to see that PSMINI and Seattle MINI in a win-win situation! 

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 11:29am
Originally posted by khammo01 khammo01 wrote:

I went in to Seattle MINI today to return my old power steering pump after replacing it. I talked to (Jerry, I think?) about the new 2011 MINIs (the Cooper S looks really nice, by the way) and about the Triple X show - he said that someone who saw the show came in and bought a MINI! 

So really great to see that PSMINI and Seattle MINI in a win-win situation! 

That is AWESOME!  WooHoo
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 12:28pm
Thank to Everyone that put on the show. I am glad we were able to make it over, even though it was a little wet. It was nice to see old Friends and a lot of new faces.

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 1:17pm
I hope he gave them a P.S. Mini card with there new Mini purchace! Big smile Loving the photos. Every one keep them coming.
Calvin & Brenda Doss

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 6:18pm
Congrats to everyone that placed and thank you to all the volunteers who helped out during the show. I'll have my pics posted later tonight. 
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Winkyou can say that again. Oh..you did. LOL

My post from the main XXX thread was moved over here when that post was closed.....
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by WOODSTOCK WOODSTOCK wrote:

Sorry about that, James.  Want me to delete one?

If you don't mind. I don't know how to delete the post. (At least I don't see the option....)
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Hot Shot Hot Shot wrote:

Originally posted by wrote:

If you don't mind. I don't know how to delete the post. (At least I don't see the option....)

James - It's found under the drop-down menu when clicking on: Post Options Post Options 
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

Originally posted by Hot Shot Hot Shot wrote:

Originally posted by wrote:

James - It's found under the drop-down menu when clicking on: Post Options Post Options 

Yes I already checked there. Deleting the post is not an option for me.

(Just so you all know, once someone responds to a post, you can't delete it without admin rights.  I deleted duplicate info, just to cleanup the thread. - Linda)

Edited by WOODSTOCK - September/27/10 at 11:18pm
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
papermaster View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papermaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 10:01pm
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/10 at 10:27pm
Here are my photos. I'll select a few fav's and post those....

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/itrhybrid/2k10%20MINIXXX/?start=all

Edited by Hot Shot - September/27/10 at 10:27pm
-James

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>