Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Club Colors - (New Logo etc.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Colors - (New Logo etc.)
    Posted: October/23/10 at 6:37pm
Assuming that the club will be having a new logo design opportunity, I am interested in knowing if there is a strong preference for club colors.  Red White and Blue; Blue and Green, two shades of Green, Black and Blue, etc.  This might be beneficial as an advisory for those who want to try their hand at designing a logo.  Post your ideas here.Idea  Thanks  - And I like RW&B
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/10 at 7:25pm
Did anyone see the photos of the Badges of the Mini Clubs that I took in Penticton?  Here is the link in  you case missed them.  There were some very creative designs and colors.  Just something to stew on while you all are deciding on what we want as a Club Logo-Badge.

http://www.mini4fun.info/Penticton_2010/Badges,_Decals_%26_Air_Show.html

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/10 at 8:38pm

Hot Chocolate, Mama!!  Kidding.

Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/10 at 9:03pm
Leanne,
I have seen some good graphics in Brown, Tan , and White - Or Dark Brown. Orange , and White -

What would you choose to go with Hot Chocolate?
Jack -

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:05am
HUMMMMMMM
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Silver_Surfer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 8:39am

LOL

Kind of reminds me of a Puget Sound Sunset, when it's not raining or foggy or snowing or misting or soggy or cloudy...

Edited by Silver_Surfer - October/25/10 at 7:32pm

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 9:02am
Well, I could say hot chocolate, gold, and white.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 9:10am
Ed - Nice!  But this isn't the place for designs - just suggestions for colors to use.  Also, we have to be able to have grill badges, shirts, hats, window stickers, stationary, and other paraphernalia made using the club logo - have to limit it to three colors. 
(There will be more rules and considerations posted when the design phase begins)
Jack -

Silver_Surfer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 9:33am
I saw New Logo ect so I had to put some colors on a new logoLOL and see how they mix...maybe too many colors in that one.

How about generic tri-color combo paletts for visual references?

RWB we know is good.

What color is hot chocolate? Dark brown?

Edited by Silver_Surfer - October/24/10 at 10:24am

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 9:37am
Hot equals shimmering but chocolate could mean white as well as a shade of brown since it is describing a flavor and not a color shade.

I do like the broad spectrum of color since there is something for everyone and the rest of the badge is simple and to the point.

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - October/24/10 at 9:37am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 11:34am
You have to take into consideration the process of printing and embroidering required to produce the badges and other paraphernalia that the logo will be used on - 3 colors is the maximum and no variegated or shading.  "Hot Chocolate" is one of the MINI colors - medium dark metallic brown.
Jack -

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 11:44am
Embroidering make it much tougher to do.  There is a pretty slick embroidering program that will take a .jpg and convert it into something a computer controlled embroidering machine can duplicate.  My wife has the machine but not the program and since the program is more expensive than the machine I doubt she will ever own it.  It might be possible to get something scanned into the program for a fee.

If you were to go with Mini colors then there are no standards; every year they add and delete and the only constant is the British Union Jack or the BMW/Mini logo and that is probably encumbered with plenty of copyright laws.

The PSMINI logo, as seen on the "You were spotted" cards, encircled with the Union Jack RWB would make a good looking badge!  Incorporated into the PSMINI logo could be every Mini color and probably is considering the subject matter.

Porcelain Enamel Grill badges can be manufactured in any color as the T-Shirts(the more colors the higher the cost).

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - October/24/10 at 11:46am
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 12:11pm
This is really quite a simple topic:  What colors would members like to see used for a new PSMINI logo that will be used on shirts, hats, window stickers, stationery, banners, grill badges, etc.  Items using the logo will be produced a number of different ways on a variety of materials.   If the number of colors is kept to a minimum and the typefaces are standard, we have a wide choice of vendors to choose from to make our club stuff.  We are in no way limited to MINI colors and there is no way to incorporate all of them in the logo.  (The reference to Hot Chocolate was included because SMOG said it was a flavor, not a color)  And cost is very much a factor in producing the grill badges and window stickers that the club provides with each new membership. 

Note - Special Event items may incorporate the logo but may also have unique designs - such as the XXX Car Show stuff. 
Jack -

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 12:16pm
Good luck with color choices!  My own preference would be for the Union Jack standard colors (RWB).  Our PSMINI logo is in Black & White so that is easy to duplicate.

Stephen

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 12:31pm
Thanks Stephen - that's two votes for RWB.
Jack -

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:00pm
Jack I have a question?sssssss

Are we talking about club colors or badge colors?

I bring this up because when building club badges/logo/patches etc. if black is not used the end product won't look very good.

So would black be considered in the 3 colors or is this 3 colors and blacks and whites will be used only for the purpose of design?

Most teams/clubs/military or other groups usual only pick one or 2 colors. If we are going to have 3 colors I think it is best to stay with traditional and historical color combos. I am not a big R/W/B but it would be a proper choice considering , just maybe not as creative as say a Black, Red  and Yellow union jack

It would be nice to come up with colors that represented us as a northwest club. Likes say a blue for water , green for the trees and yellow for the sun no one every sees, Big smile

Just a thought.

John

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:02pm
BTW here is a page that gives you a different view of colors. http://shaheeilyas.com/flags/

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:09pm
John:

Very cool color flag website!

Jack:

The Black and white of the Club logo on our cards fills the bill for a "Black" in the design and the RWB of the Union Jack as a continuous band of flags around the logo is pretty simple and satisfies the basic original and current Mini concept.

Stephen

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:11pm
John - I think the colors chosen for the logo could be used as de-facto club colors - ie borders on stationary, banners, posters, etc.  I agree that black (or white) is used in outlines etc to make items stand out - and I don't think it has to count as one of the design colors.  Nothing says we have to use 3 colors - but I think we should have more than 1...  

Again, to only reason for doing this is to provide some input to the design of the logo - nothing is binding. 
Jack -

DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:14pm
I like Red White and Blue too.

As far as Puget sound colors, how about Red, Gray and Blue? Red for a rising or setting sun, Gray for the famous PNW clouds and Blue for the Puget sound. Sometimes, you can see those colors over the sound.

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:25pm
Very true Dave,

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:32pm
+1 for Dave and John.

S.

LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 1:55pm
My choice of best colors are: YELLOW, black and silver. 
(in case you hadn't noticed)Smile

cheers,

Gretchen

Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 7:46pm

How about NW colors--blue, white or green with pines or Mt. Rainier

Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 9:18pm
Just so we can get it out there Washington State's (state not the school)colors are Green, Lt Blue and Gold

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 9:46pm
Good point John.

S.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/10 at 11:02pm
I like the pine tree idea in there somewhere. 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/10 at 2:57am
Just a couple of things.

As Jack pointed out this is just colors for the club, like UW is Purple and Gold or WSU is Crimson and Gray.

Designs will be at some other time and place, the tree sounds interesting for sure but the State tree is Western hemlock,

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/10 at 5:45am
John:

That Hemlock with its drooping top almost looks SAD.  Maybe they picked our States arboreal representative on a very long stretch of gray daysBig smile

Our club's logo lends itself very well to many different colors.  The polluted sun=red, the clear day sun=yellow, glare on the water=silver, water=dark blue, sky=light blue, tree=green, mountain snow=white, polluted mountain snow=pepperwhite, roads=black, and as Dave pointed out gray=clouds.

If you want to throw in school colors (probably confusing), then you might be compelled to also use , Boeing, Microsoft and Starbucks colorsErmm.

Jack:

Coming up with colors without knowing where and for what the colors are to be used is pretty tough.  Yes, letterheads, logos and badges but after seeing so many of all of those over a very long time it just seems that simple is better.  Did you look at all the badges I photographed @ Penticton?  All of everybody's suggestions were in those badges.  When you look at a badge you might immediately dislike it, the hard part is why you might dislike it.

Stephen

Edited by SMOG-1 - October/25/10 at 5:57am
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/10 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by LMNCELO LMNCELO wrote:

My choice of best colors are: YELLOW, black and silver. 
(in case you hadn't noticed)Smile

I'm with Gretchen!  Wink

But seriously, I think it's hard to have much of an opinion on colors independent of a logo.  Feels a bit like deciding on cumin, cinnamon or garlic salt before I know what I'm seasoning.  (Sorry Jack). 

I'm excited to see people starting to think about this though.

Reminds me of this study that's making the rounds:

Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>