Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Racing Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rose City Opener - PIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rose City Opener - PIR
    Posted: April/27/11 at 7:54am
I think most of you know that I've spent the last year building a PRO3 race car (1990 E30 BMW 325i) in hopes in racing in ICSCC races in the 2011 season. Well, the first race of the season is coming up this weekend and I'm going bonkers with anticipation. I'll be racing in the Novice Closed Wheel class which runs on Saturday afternoon. Currently there are 25 cars registered just in NCW so it should be exciting door-to-door racing with the other novice racers (there are even 2 Factory Five '65 Cobras in our run group!).

I'll be heading down Friday afternoon to set up shop, register and tech the car and if all goes well the green flag drops at 4:35 on Saturday for the 30 minute sprint race! I'll be "tweeting" about my weekend if you want to follow me @BadSracing on Twitter. Also the weekend's races are streamed live at http://www.pirlive.com/

Race Announcement:

'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/11 at 7:57am
Wow.  All of those decals must make that thing go really fast.....
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/11 at 8:09am
I'm told it adds at least 10MPH on the front straight. :)  The cool thing is that they are all actual sponsors of the PRO3 class. Even have a new sponsor that I need to get a stickers for. Accurate Engines in Lynnwood is awarding a fully built race engine at the end of the season by drawing based on PRO3 race entries for the season. Can't beat that!
'80 Mini English White
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/11 at 8:44am
The car looks great, Martin!  Good luck this weekend!
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/11 at 9:23am
Best of luck Martin.  I will watch you on the live cams for your race.  Remember to:  HAVE FUN, keep an eye out for the corner workers, have fun, at the green flag, don't forget to shift! (it happens), have fun, and ALWAYS wave to the corner workers on the cool down lap.  Other than that, just have fun. You've put a lot of time and effort into your car and it looks great and ready to race.  I know you'll do just fine. 
Dave

5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/11 at 9:37am
Thanks Dave. Looking forward to the weekend. Will be a thrilling experience and can't wait to just soak it all in and have FUN. :)
'80 Mini English White
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/11 at 11:42am
Hey Martin,
In case Dave didn't tell you, Have Fun....
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
kenru View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/11 at 2:32pm
Car looks great Martin.  Have a terrific time down there!

One good turn deserves another...and another...

Post Reply Post Reply