Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some serious customization done today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firehawk618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some serious customization done today!
    Posted: May/29/11 at 5:38pm
I was able to change some deep settings in my car today and so far all except 1 work perfectly.

Here's a list off the top of my head that I have changed today, and i'm sure I have forgotten to list a few.

1st i'll list my favorite one. 

Convenience CLOSE of sunroof / windows via remote!!!!!!!!  Works perfectly.

Car now unlocks ALL doors with 1 click on remote, and also unlocks ALL doors with one flip on central switch.

Disable auto down on left and right window via switches in car.  I hate trying to crack the window a tad and having it roll down.

Enable one touch up on left and right window.  Now with a quick click up the window will roll up.

Disabled seatbelt nag chime on left and right seat.

Made it so when I unlock the car with remote the lights flash 3 times, and 2 times for unlock.  Mine didn't flash at all before.

Reverse chime enable.  When car is in reverse it dings to annoy you.  Just wanted to try it.

Hazzard lights now flash 2 quick pulses followed by a pause vs. single flash, pause, single flash, ....... looks cool that's about all.

Disabled window stop when door is open, in other words if the windows are in the process of rolling up or down and the door opens now they keep going vs. stopping.

Disabled auto lock when you drive off, always hated that.

Been trying like hell to disable the OC3 seat sensor in my passenger seat because it's defective, I think i'm going to be able to do it but haven't got it yet.

Thanks to Kurt for sparking my interest in doing these adjustments. :)
*SOLD* 05MCS, added too much to list. 193k miles
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/11 at 5:52pm
Wow, how'd you accomplish this?
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/11 at 6:04pm
COOL!! 
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
JoeW View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/11 at 6:21pm
Do you have  a way to get JCW softwear? Is it an SSS clone that you downloaded? I have a list of the basic dme codes and whatnot, but everything I've tried hasn't worked.

Edited by JoeW - May/29/11 at 6:21pm
firehawk618 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firehawk618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/11 at 9:26pm
A few videos speak a thousand words.....

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/11 at 10:06pm
The software is called NCSExpert. 
Twiggles came over to give me a part I needed, and I tried to code his car for him. The software that Chad (Firehawk) gave me previously (DIS and SSS) didn't work because of an error we encountered (Twiggle's car no longer has the stock radio).
 We found out about another software called NCSExpert. We were able to code a few things and discovered that the NCSExpert software is very powerful. 
It's also written in German, which makes it hard to use if you don't read German. 

Edited by CORNERS - May/31/11 at 8:35pm
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firehawk618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/11 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

The software is called NCSExpert. 
Twiggles came over to give me a part I needed, and I tried to code his car for him. The software that Chad (Firehawk) gave me didn't work because of an error we encountered (Twiggle's car no longer has the stock radio).
 We found out about another software called NCSExpert. We were able to code a few things and discovered that the NCSExpert software is very powerful. 
It's also written in German, which makes it hard to use if you don't read German. 

And NCSexpert is fully capable of rending any given module completely worthless.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/11 at 10:42pm
I always have to chime in about how the auto lock probably saved my life once -- a guy at a gas station went beserk on me once because he thought I stole his pump or something. He tried to yank my door open but I hadn't opened my door yet so they were still locked. They might not have been locked if it hadn't been for the auto lock.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 7:27am
Ah, so Kurt, this was the other software you were talking about.   Maybe we'll give it a go next time and I'll find some translation software for the stuff we don't understand.  I'd love to lock/close everything like that, amongst a few other things.

Leanne, glad to hear that a MINI feature saved you!
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 8:08am
Leanne:  The AutoLock is indeed a great feature, but I usually don't wait for it and lock the vehicle immediately upon entering since I have had similar circumstances where a locked car saved me from grief, or worse.

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 12:04pm
I keep my lock functionality enabled as well, but thanks to our software hacking, all the doors (and boot) unlock automatically when I shut the car off. So the lock/unlock is never intrusive. The only time I need to unlock the car is if I have to get out of it while it's still running (such as to get the mail). 

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 1:25pm
Something to keep in mind about the auto open function, you might not want to keep your key in your pocket when your in range of the car.

http://www.psmini.org/forum/i-dont-believe-what-im-seeing_topic2908_post30314.html?KW=pocket#30314
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 5:47pm
I'm also a fan of the auto-lock feature.  Last Wednesday I think a guy was trying to carjack the car with me in it.  After several attempts to open the door, he started banging on the window.  I wanted to drive off, but I was blocked in at the curb.  I pointed something convincing at him and he ran off.  I called the cops, who kinda laughed it off.

I'm glad the doors were locked.  I couldn't believe the guy walked right up to my car and tried to get in.  It took me a minute to realize what was happening.  Shame on me.

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 5:57pm
Wow. that's a pretty convincing story. I'm disheartened by the police response, but probably very little for them to go on. 

The guy probably had trouble figuring out how the MINI door handle works. (My kids (and wife) took a while to figure it out) 

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 7:25pm
Actually, the Tacoma Police officers only started laughing when I described how far back the fellow jumped when I pointed something convincing at him.  However, I didn't get a very good look at the guy, as all I saw was his chest area, and then his ass as he ran off.  Probably not going to get a conviction on that.

The point here is that I just can't be on "red alert" 24/7.  I think the auto-lock feature is a great feature, even for someone who likes to think he is prepared for issues like this to come up.  Again, shame on me...

2006 Hyper Blue JCW
kenru View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by onramp<br>The point here is that I just can't be on red alert 24/7.  I think the auto-lock feature is a great feature, even for someone who likes to think he is prepared for issues like this to come up.  Again, shame on me...<br>[/QUOTE onramp
The point here is that I just can't be on red alert 24/7.  I think the auto-lock feature is a great feature, even for someone who likes to think he is prepared for issues like this to come up.  Again, shame on me...
[/QUOTE wrote:

Dude... you gotta start hanging out in a better part of town...  Scary stuff!

One good turn deserves another...and another...

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 8:27pm
How does that stuff  find you Pat, I second Ken's statement.

Glad things turned out okay.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

I'm also a fan of the auto-lock feature.  Last Wednesday I think a guy was trying to carjack the car with me in it.  After several attempts to open the door, he started banging on the window.  I wanted to drive off, but I was blocked in at the curb.  I pointed something convincing at him and he ran off.  I called the cops, who kinda laughed it off.

I'm glad the doors were locked.  I couldn't believe the guy walked right up to my car and tried to get in.  It took me a minute to realize what was happening.  Shame on me.

Pat

Pat:
I had a similar thing happen years ago but I never involved the cops thinking they might arrest me for threatening the poor citizen...  He was lucky he did not make it into my vehicle!!!

The other scenario that happened to me was I was getting ready to put something into the passenger side of my vehicle when a guy jumps behind the driver seat and tries to start and leave with the vehicle!  I too pointed something very convincing at him and he immediately fled the car.

Auto locks for all and one unlock at a time, not all unlocks at a time.

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 10:07pm
It's interesting to read these stories after setting the auto-unlock on my car when take the key out of the ignition.  So I guess as long as the key's still in the ig, I'll be fine.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 10:17pm
Sorry I got off track and hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

John

Edited by johnf36 - June/02/11 at 11:59pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 11:26pm

Edited by johnf36 - June/03/11 at 12:02am

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/11 at 11:28pm
Oh, so that's what you guys meant by pointing something convincing. ;-) 

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 5:49am
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Pretty funny!  If the general public was aware of what a COLT (Combat Observation Lasing Team for guiding aerial munitions) one of their badges would be sufficient.  Sort of like Lojack with a sting.

S.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 5:52am
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Hey you Tankers need to put your Company badges/ emblems back on so I can tell from a distances who not to surprise.

Surprising ANY combat vet is not a good thing.  When they are young you might be in trouble!  When they are older they have less of a sense of humor...

S.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 6:56am
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Oh, so that's what you guys meant by pointing something convincing. ;-) 

Wagging an index finger does not do much unless you are 300+ pounds and resemble an NFL Lineman!

George Foreman drives a Mini and I suspect that nobody has tried to carjack himBig smile

S.

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firehawk618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 9:40am
But having the doors NOT auto unlocked could delay you jumping out of your car by just enough to let some slimeball get away........since we have to double pull the handles.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 9:50am
Having seen some puke leaving the scene in a hurry is far more advantageous,rewarding and legal, than doing battle with him and then going through the paperwork and all the courteous visits by the authorities.  The seatbelt also traps you. 

Have you ever thought about what happens if you are locked and belted into your car on a ferryboat and are hit from behind by "malfunctioning accelerator pedal" and driven off the boat into the Puget Sound?  Now that would be a real adrenaline generator!!

S.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 10:55am

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ken:

I have lived in communities that cost many thousands of dollars a square foot for raw land and found those better parts of town are the best targets for the bad guys.  The penalties are the same if you rob a rich guy or a poor guy and profit motive rules. 

It is indeed scary stuff and as Pat say "You can't be on Red Alert 24/7" and the medical community has a term for that, PTSD.

Stephen

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firehawk618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 1:37pm
LOL I don't know how this thread got so far sideways but it's funny.

Kurt, Reverse gear beep alert can be found in the insturment cluster "kombi"

Deadlocking the doors is found in the BCM if you wanted to do that too.  With that enabled if you lock the doors via the toggle on the dash you cannot open the doors by pulling the handle no matter how many times you pull it.  Questionable whether this can be interpreted as a safety feature or dangerous because a person could theoretically be trapped in the car.....

Then again, burgular in the car, doors closed, hit lock on the remote, ain't getting out unless they kick a window out.  lol

Edited by firehawk618 - May/31/11 at 1:38pm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/11 at 8:24pm
Sorry for contributing to the sideways nature of the thread.

A reverse gear beeping noise (multiple beeps when in R) would be a handy thing.  Can the programing work for the R-56?

I don't think the R-56 I have can disable the interior door latch with the dash toggle unless there is something in the programing of which I am unaware.

S.

Edited by SMOG - May/31/11 at 8:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>