Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Autocross Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ladies Autocross July 30 - Event Date: July/30/11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herz3mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Ladies Autocross July 30
    Posted: July/06/11 at 6:03pm
Join me at Bremerton Motorsport Park for the Bremerton Sports Car Club Ladies Autocross on July 30. Guys - we need you too so keep reading.

BSCC is proud to bring you another Ladies Day Autocross on July 30.

Pre-register for the event by clicking here.

Help us plan a great event by pre-registering

Cost is $25 per session or $40 all day, cash or check onsite payment. If you are not yet a BSCC member bring an additional $25 for membership dues fees. All drivers need to be BSCC member.

This year we are hoping for better weather and even more fun.

This is the perfect chance to try out autocross in a low-pressure, high-fun environment. Female instructors will be on hand all day to guide and teach you the ins and outs of autocross for first-timers. This particular event is not a competition, just a fun time in your car. Not only will you get better on the track with each run, you will also increase your skills for daily driving on the street and become a better, safer driver for it.

No longer a novice? Well don’t worry; we will be getting a ton of track time in while the guys work the course.

Guys, we need you too!! We will need you to work course, help with set-up, timing and grid so we can get lots of practice. In return you’ll get free runs at lunch and the end of the day. Talk to your girlfriend, wife, sister, daughter, mother, grandma, and encourage them to try it out. You may even want to loan them your car so they can see what this is all about.

All payment will be accepted onsite only. Please bring cash or check.

Event format:

Gates open: 7:00 am

Registration: 7:30-8:30 morning registration, 11:30 – 12:30 afternoon registration.

Onsite Tech: 7:45 – 845 and 1145 – 12 45

Guided course walks and ground school: 8:45 and 12:45

Drivers Meeting and Q&A: 9:00am and 1:00 pm

Driving: 9:15 – 12:15 and 1:15 – 4:30 pm

Volunteer Fun Runs: Lunch and 4:30 pm

The event will be set up as a practice day with a regular style course set-up. We will have experienced drivers on hand for you to ride along with or to ride along with you to give you some tips. The great news is we don’t have to do a work assignment. A bunch of guys have volunteered to work course all day and run the event so all we have to do is show up and drive! We will have an open style grid with a dual driver lane and two single driver lanes, you are welcome to move your car in and out of grid if you need a break or to adjust something on your car or want to drive someone else’s car, or have to run and get more gas.

More detail can be found at www.bscc.net
herz3mc View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herz3mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/11 at 9:29am
Here is a little video from an event yesterday.

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/11 at 11:30am
Woohoo! WooHoo Who's the girl?! Rock on!!! Thumbs Up
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
herz3mc View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herz3mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/11 at 5:39pm
That's me :)
See you at Ladies day?
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/11 at 6:05pm
Probably not... I have knee surgery planned for this Friday (my second knee surgery in 4 1/2 months).
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/11 at 9:52pm
Nice run. The cones are practically jumping out of the way. I drive on Pacific Raceways (heading there tomorow actually) but have never really done the autocross thing. Looks like fun. 
herz3mc View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herz3mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/11 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

Probably not... I have knee surgery planned for this Friday (my second knee surgery in 4 1/2 months).

Well that's not good. Hope you have a successful surgery.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/11 at 11:43pm
Okay, I just signed up for Saturday. Talk about last minute! LOL
herz3mc View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herz3mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/11 at 9:55am
It was great to meet you!  Thanks for letting me drive your car; it was so much fun. Kinda makes me wish I had some forced induction :)
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/11 at 10:39am
Hi Michelle,

You're welcome for driving my MINI. I wish I could be as smooth as you were on the track. I've learned that it takes lots of practice. Hopefully I'll be able to participate again sometime soon. I had a lot of fun although I was a little disappointed that my times weren't as fast as yours in my own MINI. LOL However, my times did improve by nearly 10 seconds from when I first started in the morning. I now know it takes time to be as good as you. I could use some guidance in the autocrossing realm, so I hope you don't riding with me again in the future. Wink

Do you still have your MINI? I'm not sure if you're busy or not, but PSMINI's annual picnic is coming up on Sunday, August 14th. I hope you can make it if you're free: http://www.psmini.org/forum/topic8084.html

Enjoy the gorgeous weather...

Cheers,

Brenda  :)

Post Reply Post Reply