Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil pressure issues?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/11 at 4:41am
Timing can also be affected by misalignment of the cam gears - being off one tooth could be a cause of this problem.  The loss of performance associated with this could me masked by the increases from the cam and other mods.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Zippy View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/11 at 5:05am
I have read this post a few time and I keep coming back to fuel. If it's stumbling on cold start first thing the oil pressure will be low because the pump is not spinning fast enough. If you have a timing problem or oil clearance issue causing low pressure or a compression problem it will be there all the time, not just on cold start.
See if treating it like an octane  problem helps.
First start turn the key to on but do not start. Wait a few seconds, count three, then start it.
Additionally at half tank change octane rating to the opposite end of what you are using. Then at next half tank fill up with your normal fuel.

06 MCS Royal Gray, MINI Fini Sportlink - Mostly Harmless
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/11 at 8:50am
I am pretty darn sure that we didnt skip a sprocket tooth when we had the car taken apart. Is there anyway to absolutely confirm?
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/11 at 2:01pm
Here's a thought, could it possibly be a bad o2 sensor?  It did start after we did the cam, but we attempted the new header as well only to find it was too short, but we had to remove both sensors from the system.  And since it goes away once it's warmed up a bit, it seems to reason that one of the sensors could have gotten damaged?
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/11 at 3:37pm
I might be wrong, but I think that a bad 02 sensor would cause your check engine light to come on and stay on. 
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/11 at 4:31pm
Have you tried the regular gas yet?
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12