Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ADAC Rallye Deutschland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADAC Rallye Deutschland
    Posted: August/19/11 at 9:50pm
After 6 stages Mini is holding 4 and 5 overall

Edited by johnf36 - August/20/11 at 12:12am
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Pez D. Spencer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pez D. Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/11 at 11:09pm
Six stages of what?
I've told you a million times, I don't exagerate! Don't wear a bacon thong to the dog park!
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/11 at 11:23pm
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 12:02am
Sorry Guys I was listen to the race on my phone.

http://www.rallye-deutschland.de/start/index_d.html

ADAC Rallye Deutschland

Here ride on board with 2nd place
http://www.wrc.com/video/onboards/germany-2011-a-close-shave-for-ogier/?vid=2263

BTW: Ken Block is in 16th overall

Stage 7 Meeke in 52 dropped to 6 just because Solberg had a good run.

http://www.motorsport.com/#/wrc/news/wrc-mini-rally-deutschland-leg-1-summary/

The Hinklesteins are today.

Edited by johnf36 - August/20/11 at 12:41am

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 12:56am
Half way through if the Mini's hold out mechanically Dani and Kris are kicking butt.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 1:56am
Here is a good look at Panzerplatte and the Hinklestiens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QALFc2wog3U

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 2:35am
Dani moved into 3rd

Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 8:14am
Thanks for keeping us informed John (and Jack).  I miss seeing the WRC on TV especially now that MINI is involved. 
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 8:43am
This guy on Youtube had a great comment: 

"if it is not related very closely to a production car, then I am not interested. I give two f****s about race cars. I want to see a car I can own and drive the wheels off of."

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 11:58am
No Problem.

Stage 14 and Sordo is tearing things up and hot on the tail on of 2 greats Ogier and Loeb and holding 3rd. Meeke and Hirvonen keep swapping forth and fifth. Block in now in 18 he had fallen back and is working his way up. He had a puncture but had time to do some drifting. And for those that don't know Campana in the STOCK class running a JCW Clubman is in 20th.

Interesting comment Kurt from this person, I sorry I don't share the same view. I understand where the statement comes from but it is made out of total ignorance.

BTW here is the stage they just finished.
http://www.wrc.com/calendar-and-rallies/2011/adac-rallye-deutschland/maps/

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/11 at 12:08pm
Ride with Sordo as he moves to third.  http://www.wrc.com/video/

Here is the best highlights clip I can find fron this race last year.

Edited by johnf36 - August/20/11 at 12:23pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/11 at 1:59am

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/11 at 11:51am
Mini Stands on the Podium Dani Sordo takes 3rd

http://www.wrc.com/news/praise-for-supporters-following-mini-podium/?fid=15254

Some more of day one.

Review from the special-stages 7-10 of WRC Rallye Deutschland 2011 including the famous jump and scenes of the Panzerplatte stage.

Hopefully I can find Sundays stages it was one big wet muddy mess.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/11 at 11:53am
John, hope Mini gives um H*ll!!!!

Truely one of the best motorsports to watch. The ride along was very cool, wish I understood it all, but you you get the idea from the actions and the road.

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/11 at 12:04pm
This is great news for a car still is still getting sorted out.  Now for the top spot and domination...
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/11 at 12:18pm
Greg very easy to understand, you go from point A to point B as fast as "H*ll" and he who gets there the fastest with most of their body parts wins. It is kind of like trying to get through city traffic while your Wife is voicing her views on your driving skills and what exits and roads you need to take, mean while you just drive the tires of so you don't have to listen to it anymore

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/11 at 12:29am
Here is a get vireo from Meeke's car

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/11 at 12:45am

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/11 at 1:07am
Day3

The full power stage

Dani is at the end of this video

Edited by johnf36 - August/24/11 at 1:09am

swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/11 at 6:21am
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Interesting comment Kurt from this person, I sorry I don't share the same view. I understand where the statement comes from but it is made out of total ignorance.

Haters gonna hate. Rally cars are much closer to production cars than NASCAR. Besides, look what rallying did for Subaru. It really put them on the map as a legitimate performance brand and paved the way for factory performance editions like the WRX and STi. Admittedly MINI has the JCW models, but...

A Countryman "RS" with a lowered suspension (more like a WRX) and a performance-biased AWD system with a 60 % rear/40% front torque split would be a hoot. Especially if the pricing was kept under say $32k.
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/11 at 12:15pm
True, But on the other hand it might make things easier if we all could only turn left. Big smile

A all wheel system like that would be killer.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/11 at 10:45pm
I don't have time to watch all the videos but the ones I watched are incredible. I love the in-car view. They are going fast and they are BUSY. 
I clicked through to one on Youtube where they were racing with the tires coming off the wheels. Wow.(Was that posted here as well?) They also said nice things about the MINI. But boy, that car looks big compared to a Fiesta. 

Regarding the  youtube comment I posted: Please take it from the perspective that races with real production vehicles have an extra dimension to be appreciated. The commenter was praising rally and probably dissing other sports such as F1. 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/11 at 12:44am
If your talking about Mikko Hirvone in the power stage, yes he is the car that ran before Dani Sordo in the Mini. You will find it at the end of the 5th video. The first 2 videos are like the condensed verson of the 4 below.

I understand the perspective, what I think is constantly over looked is that F1 is like grid iron football played on a race track and the Manufactures are very serious about winning. There are countless innovations that have come from F1 and hundreds of other forms of racing that don't use daily drivers. The fact is that most of the things you find on your car right now came from the development of all of these cars. Which is a good thing other wise 4cylinder my have not got passed this

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/11 at 1:04am
LOVE THE PHOTO! That is really sad. 
Get rid of the chrome bits (most of them) and it's a Rallye. Looks like I could have saved many $$$$ on my MINI. 

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/11 at 1:11am
Here are some number to compare size:

Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Length 156'0
Width 72
Wheel Wase 98

Citroen DS3
Length 155.4
Width 71.7
Wheel Base 96.9

JCW Countryman WRC
Length 161.8
Width 71.7
Wheel base 102.2

Also these new cars are kicking butt on the bigger Subaru and Mitsubishi, neither one of these manufactures have won a Manufactures championship in WRC since 1997 , 1998 .

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/11 at 1:13am

Just don't get hit in the rear.

Post Reply Post Reply