Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tarheel transfer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tarheel transfer
    Posted: November/01/11 at 10:56pm
Hello everyone, just moved from North Carolina and the Tarheel MINI motoring club and I am looking forward to getting back into my MINI events, I was involved in all kinds of events from driving the dragon, to track days, to charity runs. So I am excited to get to know some fellow MINI lovers and get into some events, starting with the Northwest Harvest, looks like fun.
I'm on Camano Island so anyone near me wants to get together for a drive or just MINI talk let me know.

Edited to remove dates from event calendar

Edited by catlvr2 - November/10/11 at 2:12pm
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/11 at 11:00pm
Nice to meet you! Cool to see a member from another club.

One of my good friend's boyfriend is a diehard Tarheels fan...he even has a room in their apartment painted "Tarheel Blue"!

Looking forward to seeing you and your ride at some events..this really is a great group. Which car is yours?
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/11 at 11:11pm
Nice to meet you, I changed the pic to show my car, mine is the first one, all Black with white stripes.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/11 at 11:15pm
I like it! Love meeting "Justa-cooper" owners like myself. Looks like a first gen, what year is it?
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/11 at 11:26pm

Its a 2004 and I have had since it was new, I have done so much with this car, including driving from North Carolina with two dogs and two cats all the way out here, and it was a blast.

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/11 at 11:35pm
Wow, very cool! 4 animals in one MINI..that's impressive. I am still looking to do a road trip with my car beyond a couple hour drive. Perhaps the MINI Vacation in Vegas next year!

kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/11 at 11:45pm
We should do a multi car drive to Vegas, that would be awesome.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/11 at 11:50pm

The group usually sets up a big drive down there for the big convention every year, sadly this past year I wouldn't have been able to get time off of work. Here's hoping for this next year though (it's in the Spring).

The biggest drive I have done was this last month down to Graham through Orting and Puyallup for a scenic drive and pumpkin patch. If you ever want to set up a drive somewhere feel free to bring it up on the forum-there is usually a good number of people down!

kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/11 at 12:05am
Vegas sounds fun, I might have to wait to organize a drive until I know my way around a little more, although I did drive Chuckanut drive and that was pretty awesome.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/11 at 12:08am

I have never done Chuckanut but my friend reminds me everyday how great it is. It's on my to-do list. Did you move down here for a job or something?

kiwi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/11 at 12:16am
Just got tired of the super hot weather out there and felt like a chnge of scenery and it is really beautiful out here, I love it so far.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/11 at 12:19am
It's definitely muggy in the Carolinas. Glad to hear you like it so far. Going on drives is a great way to get to know the area. We have a few other islander's in this group.

Hope you are adjusting to this cold fairly well ;)

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/11 at 4:18am
Welcome to PSMINI and the beautiful Puget Sound.  You will have many opportunities for drives, track days and social events with this club.

Nice looking CooperThumbs Up.

Stephen & Lee

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/11 at 7:07am
Welcome, Welcome!!   Looking forward to meeting you at an event soon!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/11 at 12:16pm
Nice to have you join our group. We have a lot of fun. Hope to meet you soon.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/11 at 5:50am
Welcome. We do not have the Dragon out here but we have a lot of awesome mountain roads for you and your Mini to play on.

http://www.roadsnw.com/western-washington-roads is a great resource to find some good twisties. Hope to see you on a drive in the future.
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

Post Reply Post Reply