Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > 2011 PSMINI Christmas Party
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Silent Auction/Raffle request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silent Auction/Raffle request
    Posted: November/20/11 at 6:12pm
Hi All,

Our pre party meeting went well today and I think we have everything planned!

We are asking for donations for both the raffle and silent auction.

We have decided to turn auction items into centerpieces (one per table), thus encouraging everyone to move around the tables for bidding and catching up with everything at the party! We would love to get at LEAST ten auction items/baskets to fill the tables, but would love to get as many as possible. That's where you guys come in! Since they serve as centerpieces, make the goodies festive and pretty (i.e. celophane wrapping, baskets, ribbons). To keep track of how many tables we can fill, if you could email president@psmini.com or shoot me a PM with your gift plan, that would be great!

Also, include in your email your suggestion for a starting bid price, since you know how much the gift is worth.

Raffle donations need not be wrapped! Only auction items.

Thanks so much to Linda for planning everything. It's great how quick people in this club are to help out.

Thanks and if anyone from the plannin commitee has anything to add, feel free to jump in!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/11 at 7:55pm
Hi Shasti,

Sign us up.   Donna said that she will put together another amazing wine basket for the auction! 

Les and Donna, not in Minirva.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 2:12pm
BUMP!

Looking forward to seeing that wine basket :)
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 5:51pm

Using auction items as centerpieces is a great idea to generate interest! Thumbs Up

I do need some clarification though: "Raffle donations need not be wrapped. Only auction items." 

I understand about using cellophane for basket items, but if auction items are wrapped, how will people see what they're bidding on?  I'm confused. Wacko

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 5:52pm
Looking forward to seeing whatever took the place of MINIRVA - and the wine basket!
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 9:14pm
By wrapped I mean "lightly decorated" like clear celophane with some small print, or just some festive holly. Anything to make it stand out as a centerpiece but so people can still see what it is :)

ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/11 at 10:26am
I can contribute a gingerbread house for either auction or raffle - you pick.
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/11 at 12:22pm
Actually it looks like I will have at least two gingerbread houses to offer, and possibly a third.  I made one, my cousin from Cali made one that she didn't want to take on the plane, and my sister is thinking about offering me hers.
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/11 at 12:31pm
Oh cool, how great! Maybe we could use one for the raffle and one for the silent auction.

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/11 at 10:06pm
If you don't have anything to wrap stuff in, we will gladly take care of that for you during setup, Linda mentioned bringing celophane and ribbon.

Post Reply Post Reply