Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Socially Distorted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet options
    Posted: April/17/12 at 5:17pm
Hey all, I'm trying to find a good match to the Panther Black carpeting in my GP.  I talked with Seattle MINI yesterday and they can't source or recommend matching bulk carpet for my upholstery shop to use.

Ideally I want the same Wilton Wool type carpet that is used, but this color is so unique the stock black Wilton sample is too dark and the grays are too light.  Navy blue is well... too blue.  I think I may be at a loss for finding something.

I'm trying to find this material for a speaker enclosure that I had molded in the rear boot area.  Thinking I may go with Alcantara if nothing is available.

Anyone have any leads or ideas? 
Socially Distorted View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Socially Distorted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/12 at 6:36pm
no dice on this for anyone else that may be looking.  The closest I found was/is a Mercedes wool velour carpet.  It's super close, but the backing is pretty stiff.  I'll be talking to my local upholstery shop to see if it will be worth moving forward with.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/12 at 9:27pm
Send OnRamp a PM he had a source when he did his seat delete.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/12 at 4:50am
Onramp's carpet matches so well that I could not see a difference from OEM.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
tonystrength View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonystrength Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/13 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Socially Distorted Socially Distorted wrote:

Hey all, I'm trying to find a good match to the Panther Black carpeting in my GP.  I talked with Seattle MINI yesterday and they can't source or Carpet cleaning brisbane recommend matching bulk carpet for my upholstery shop to use.

Ideally I want the same Wilton Wool type carpet that is used, but this color is so unique the stock black Wilton sample is too dark and the grays are too light.  Navy blue is well... too blue.  I think I may be at a loss for finding something.

I'm trying to find this material for a speaker Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast enclosure that I had molded in the rear boot area.  Thinking I may go with Alcantara if nothing is available.

Anyone have any leads or ideas? 

hello guys just using the thread for further information. I do have expensive light colored carpets in my Mini. They have got dull and looks dirty so how to clean them. I dont want to destroy there fabrics and even not interested in spending money on professional services. Can you share good and reliable DIY cleaning methods and products?

Edited by tonystrength - April/01/13 at 9:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply