Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked31st Tulip Rally -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 31st Tulip Rally -
    Posted: April/21/12 at 6:23pm
Sorry I had to miss this great event - but would love to see some pictures and comments from those who were there.  Who won?
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/12 at 7:23pm
Don't know who won because I didn't stick around for that and didn't take any pictures but it was a nice sunny day although a bit cool.  Genie took pictures, she always does.  Totally different route this year and the interpretive center was over the edge in how you eventually could find the trivia answers but that's why its a gimmick rallye.  My brother was used to unusual clues when he did rallyes with his van club years ago and he was helpful with a lot of the clues but a lot of them still went unanswered.  Seemed to be a bit more tricky this year by having to turn down some roads to investigate a clue or two (i.e. the Skagit Co. Airport) and those turns were not on the instructions.  Still a fun time and a great day for the rallye. 
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
SpyVsSpy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpyVsSpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/12 at 8:46pm
What is funny, while I was there, I found a "You been spotted card" from my club  on my window LOL.  I guess I need to put on my PSMINI.org decal. Does someone want me to personally deliver the card back to them?
'07 MCS SS | JCW Strut bar | JCW Shift Knob | ALTA 22mm sway bar | ALTA boost tube | ALTA FMIC | ALTA Catback exhaust | BSH Oil Catch Can | Konig Feather 17" | RMW Tune 211 HP/256 TQ
MINIHammer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/12 at 9:01pm
Had a great time today! I had no idea what to expect but we (Myself,Wife, her sis and our nephew Oliver) had an awesome time! It was nice to meet some of you, I'm sure I'll meet a few more at future events! Can't complain with winning a $100 Griots gift card either!! We unfortunantly couldn't stick around to see how we did in the Rallye....I'm sure some of you saw little Oliver (he's 2) just lay down in the parking lot in front of the announcer and we still wanted to go play in the tulips!

It was a long day but well worth it!
chesney View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chesney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/12 at 10:03pm
We had a great time. We didn't stay to hear who won because the boys were exhausted. I ended up coming home and napping as well. We then went back out to the tulip fields to take some pictures of the boys.

Muadhnat 09 Laser blue Clubman S, cold weather, iPod adaptor

Meadghbh(Maeve) 2009 Cooper S Clubman Laser Blue/Black Cold and Premium Pkgs
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/12 at 10:06pm
Oops, we did it again!

Gathering on the back side of the mall.

Gunnar, you have to turn your seat around to drive.

These are all the photos we took because there are far better photographers in the club.  We can't wait to see what you all captured on this gorgeous day.  It was a great rallye - new route, new scenery and some really hard questions.  It was nice to see you all!

Stacie and Bruce
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/12 at 10:50pm

Roadster Love!!!!

Wish we could have stayed to see the winners!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/12 at 10:44am
FUN Day!  DRY weather!  Great turnout of Fine Cars!  AWESOME turnout of MINIs!!! WooHoo      
THANKS to the MG Club for a great event! 

JACK, we Missed You!  BRUCE & STACIE - WINNER! WINNER! Fantastic!

I didn't take alot of pics, but here are some!  I know there are a lot more photos out there, so get 'em posted. (Darn, I'm too short to ever get an overall shot of all of the MINIs  LOL)

WooHoo

Edited by Genie B - March/05/13 at 8:37am
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/12 at 11:03am
Thanks for the pictures Genie B - wish I could have been there...

Congratulations Bruce and Stacie - AGAIN!!!

Thanks to all who particiipated and supported this great event -

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/12 at 3:09pm
I amazed by Bruce and Stacie! Maybe we'll make it next year.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
JOIDVIE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOIDVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/12 at 6:17pm
It was great seeing everyone yesterday.  Is there a link for results?  Since Bruce and Stacie won, the real competition is to see who came in second......  Smile   We had to get back to Seattle for a birthday party and couldn't stay for the awards/results.  

Sherwood View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/12 at 8:34pm
This was our first event and we had a GREAT time.  Thanks Jack and Linda for steering us in the correct direction! Met a few of you yesterday and look forward to future events Clap Will scores be posted for us to see?
Sherwood '12 Convert, British Racing Green, Bk Top
Kirby11 View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/12 at 10:39am
Had a great time doing the rallye and am already looking forward to next year! Couldn't have asked for a nicer day.  Congratulations, Bruce and Stacie! Clap

A few more pictures:

Edited by Kirby11 - April/23/12 at 10:41am
2011 LB/W MCS "PINTSZE" (*SOLD*)
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/12 at 10:17am
Steve and I had an awesome time as usual. I was so happy the sun was shinning. What a beautiful day! Star

Thanks to all those that came out. It's so much fun passing and following MINIs wondering if we're lost or everyone else is lost. LOL I'm thinking we had a waaaaay different route or somehow we got reversed and were going the wrong way. We ended up going north on Chuckanut drive, but everyone else seemed to be going south. Weird... Confused

We figure that we'll never win at the Tulip Rallye quiz, but it's still fun to try. Steve and I mainly love to go because of the scenery and the fun twisty roads. The gimmick quiz is kind of fun too. We learn something new every year. Congrats to Bruce & Stacie. We may have to start you with -5 on your quiz so the rest of have a chance to win the prize. LOL

Thanks to those who have posted some fabulous pics. I hope to add a few more of my own, so stay tuned...

Happy Motoring,
BrendaDrive

P.S. Here's some pics on Facebook that I think can be seen: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.300647633316733&type=1
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/12 at 10:40am
One of my favorite pics of the day...  The Nelson family braved the rally with their almost 22 month old twins: Maggie and Parker. This pic was taken at the end of the rally:

It's awesome to see that this MINI has been around the country on some fabulous roads no doubt (MINI Takes The States/MTTS): 

Two Hyper Blues enjoying the views and drive along Chuckanut Drive. Big smile

Steve walked across the road and checked out how vehicles are supposed to park at the Oyster Bar:

How awesome to have a MINI Roadster amongst our group! Thumbs Up

Decided to get out and take a pic of us trying to figure out the first 2 questions on the quiz. Maybe fresh air helps? LOL
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
 Post Reply Post Reply