Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie
    Posted: May/01/12 at 10:21am

Hello all-

New to the MINI scene as I recently ordered a 2012 Cooper Countryman S. Royal Grey body, with black roof mirror caps & wheels. Since I placed the order I've been checking the owners lounge daily and am not so patiently waiting to take delivery sometime during the month of May.

As I scoured the web to familiarize myself with the MINI culture, I came across this site and have already signed up for membership. Looking forward to interacting with fellow MINI owners in the Puget Sound area via the forums.

I've already reviewed the event calendar and am excited to go on my first "rally". The event to Stonehenge looks like fun, so that may be a chance to meet members & show off the new ride.

-leo

MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/12 at 10:33am
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to love your MINI!! The Stonehenge run is an excellent event and is usually attended by a large group from the club!! Look forward to meeting you then!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/12 at 10:44am
Hi leogetz (Joe Pesci reference?  love it!)

WELCOME to PSMINI and CONGRATULATIONS on your new MINI Thumbs Up  Your wait will be rewarded!
Hope to meet you and your MINI soon!  Keep us posted - we love pictures!

WooHoo

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/12 at 1:23pm
Welcome, glad you found us. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your MINI.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/12 at 2:58pm
Greetings Leo!

You will have a good time with your MINI and the new folks you will meet in the ClubThumbs Up

Looking forward to seeing you at Stonehenge.

Stephen

Edited by SMOG - May/01/12 at 3:00pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/12 at 4:34pm
Hi Leo,
Welcome, you found a great club. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the new MINI.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
BLUEDIA View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLUEDIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/12 at 6:45pm
Welcome new member, I have owned my girl a couple months now n still feel weird waving 2 other mini's. some wave n others don't which makes me wave even harder. LOL. CU at Stone Henge.

Dona       
Dona & Brad
BLUEDIAMOND, BAGETTE & MINI Me 2016 Cooper S Roadster, R59
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/12 at 10:37am
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...i'll post pics as soon as it arrives. In the interim i'm sure you'll see me on the forums
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/12 at 10:42am
Welcome Leo!

I love Royal Grey. I didn't know they were still making the color. With the black, I'm sure it's extra sharp looking. Do post a photo or two when you have a chance.

I look forward to seeing you at Stonehenge as I plan on attending. Until then... Happy Motoring (not hard to do in a MINI). Wink

Cheers,
Brenda 
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/12 at 4:56pm
I'm set to pick up the new Countryman from Seattle MINI on Friday afternoon! It's been a long wait but should certainly be worth the wait. WooHoo

I'll post photos as soon as I'm able (might be dark by the time we get home).

My wife Erin, the new car (name coming soon), and I are jumping right in and will be at the "Twists & Turns" rally as well as the Bothell 4th Parade and the "Stonehenge" rally. If you're there, please introduce yourself...it'll be nice to meet the faces behind so many creative online "handles"

-leo
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/12 at 5:10pm
That’s awesome Leo!! You could bring your brand new Countryman to this Saturday’s gathering at the Root Beer Drive-in if you’re free. It would be a great opportunity to show your baby to some of us:  http://www.psmini.org/forum/topic9098.html  Wink
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/12 at 5:26pm
Wish we could be there for the XXX gathering :-( 

A new Countryman sounds enticing!
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/12 at 3:16pm
Sorry gang-Can't make it to the drive-in this weekend as we have a family commitment on Saturday in Silverdale. But the drive to Silverdale will present me with a good opportunity to skip the long line at the Edmonds ferry and take the long way around thru Tacoma and break in the new car.
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/12 at 3:32pm
So, the countdown has begun on picking up the new MINI! WooHoo

Have a Happy Motoring weekend! 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/12 at 4:21pm
Welcome to the club Leo, any pics yet???
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

HammyGirl View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/12 at 7:56pm
Welcome to the club! 
MegaTron View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MegaTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/12 at 6:06pm
Welcome!  I'm still new myself but I can tell that this club is a great community to be part of. Glad you could join us.  Cool
Panda Decepticon mini....ya it's mine.   :)
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/12 at 11:42pm
Hey Everyone- Sorry for the radio silence since my last post but I've been a 'lil busy...busy motoring that is!

Picked up our new MINI Countryman on Friday night from Seattle MINI. Had a great experience with Chuck my MA and the rest of the staff at the dealership. They took a little longer than expected installing a few accessories I added. To make up for it, they gave me a $100 gift certificate for a dinner out...a nice gesture I thought.

Spent the rest of the weekend driving as much as possible...went to Silverdale for a family event on Saturday and got to open it up on some of the back roads. Very happy with everything thus far, even made today's commute to work a treat.

I got home a little later than expected this evening, but had a chance to snap a few photos to share with the group.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/12 at 12:08am
Very Nice , I like the strips

BLUEDIA View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BLUEDIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/12 at 1:56am
very nice, can't wait 2 c in person
Dona & Brad
BLUEDIAMOND, BAGETTE & MINI Me 2016 Cooper S Roadster, R59
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/12 at 3:15am
Nice Countryman LeoThumbs Up 
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/12 at 7:16am
Very Nice!  I like the stripes too!
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/12 at 7:13pm
Nice... :-) 
...Are they offering an option for these with the 3 person back seats yet? 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/12 at 7:46pm
Yes Kurt you can get the bench back seat, Seattle MINI had a white one with that option. Funny thing is the seat is a no cost up grade but they charge you to remove the hump.

leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/12 at 10:25pm
Johns got it right on the money (pardon the pun) the other sort of odd option is the center rail system. you can have one long rail that runs from the shifter thu to the back seat(s) or have a 2 part rail system. i chose the 2 rail system.
 Post Reply Post Reply