Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBurien 4th of July Parade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burien 4th of July Parade
    Posted: July/04/12 at 6:19pm
Just a few to get us started.  There are much better photographers in the club.  But we had a great time.  Great weather!  Great to see everyone. 

Bruce, Stacie and Elliott

Elliott posing for Mom

Driver's meeting

Bruce and Elliott and THE CONE

And we're off!

The weave

All dressed up and ready to go.

Edited by MINIMNT - July/04/12 at 7:25pm
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/12 at 6:24pm
These should be good.  We had 24 MINIs show up for this parade and it turned out to be a lot of fun.  Pictures should tell the story.  Great turnout and great weather for a parade.  If I do this again I will definitely bring squirt guns next time.  Thank you Gretchen and Brenda for this event.
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/12 at 7:17pm
GUMBY AKA I HAD A BLAST SHOW ME THE PHOTOS...<3
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/12 at 8:11pm
What fun!  Great turnout, great weather, great crowd, and fabulously decked-out MINIs.  Thank you Gretchen!!!  And thanks to Larry for leading us on a little scenic dipsy-doodle to wrap up the event. 
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
MiniCrazy09 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCrazy09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/12 at 8:16pm
That was so much fun!  Thanks for the great time...and fabulous run after the parade!

My (Becky) Mini: Bert 2009 Mellow Yellow Mini Cooper S Plate: "MINION"
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/12 at 10:12pm
Great Parade!  Great After-Drive!  Couldn't have been more fun. Thanks to Gretchen, Brenda & Larry!  You Guys ROCK!

The Red Baron

My Partner for the WEAVE

MINIs in Action!

The Squirt Gun Crew follow GUMBY

3-Tree Point Drive!

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/12 at 11:14pm
All so much fun as usual. I love doing this parade and it was fantastic that we had such a great turnout.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/12 at 8:07am
That was FUNtastic

MINIS rock, roll, and weave. Yes, squirt guns are the new accessory, aren't they? Thanks so much to all the participants, from near and far and really far. My Mom (and I ) had a great time.

Skilled parade weaving was lead by Grape Ape and the Seattle Mini Driver, attention grabbing lead-out by The Red Baron and Wendy and the "Big cone" car, and a fun twisty post-parade ride lead by Larry, with Gumby holding back traffic at the rear.
I was told that we were the most interesting entry in the whole parade. Of course I completely agree, and unless Burien gets a live elephant entry, or perhaps stilt-walkers, we can claim that fame!

Thanks to Brenda, and Larry and ALL my question answer-ers, it was fun to be point-man.   

I'll see you in the pictures, and at the next event.

Gretchen

Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/12 at 8:21am
BTW, did anyone hear if the announcer talked about us as we passed. I gave them a very informative script.
Gretchen
Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/12 at 9:26am
Yes, I heard part of the announcement. What I heard sounded good.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/12 at 9:43am

Can't resist posting a few more pics!

A MINI Pilot manages to Weave & man a Squirt Gun!
(RHD drive MINI?  No, just a rear-view mirror pic)

The Co-Pilot of the PEABODY sends out a squirt gun spray!

Patriotic Bling!

WooHoo

Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/12 at 11:06am
A big thanks to everyone who helped put this together.  The parade and drive were fun, and once again PS MINI's synchronized weaves and serpentines brought gasps from the spectators. 

Reminder to self - must stock up on even more powerful squirt guns for next year.
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/12 at 11:56am
Such a great parade. Everyone looked so cool in the rear view mirror as they were weaving back and forth. The crowd loved us and I corrected the guy who called us PT cruisers (LOL he won't make that mistake again). Heres a few photos and more to follow as I get time.

Edited by Grape Ape - July/05/12 at 2:04pm
Calvin & Brenda Doss

2005 Black eye Purple Cooper-S MODs Alta 15% pully, Mini Madness stage 2 competition clutch,Madness air intake,Polyurethane bushing kit,strut tower plates, MDS coil pack.
Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/12 at 3:19pm
The Drive after the parade was fun too.

Calvin & Brenda Doss

2005 Black eye Purple Cooper-S MODs Alta 15% pully, Mini Madness stage 2 competition clutch,Madness air intake,Polyurethane bushing kit,strut tower plates, MDS coil pack.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/12 at 3:38pm
What an awesome turnout! I was very thankful for the nice sunny weather too and that it wasn't overly hot. I MUST remember a watergun next time. Wink

Thanks to everyone who came out to participate. The parade wouldn't have been as great without us MINIs coming out in full force. Too funny some of the comments I heard coming from the crowd. Apparently, a few people didn't realize there were so many different kinds of MINIs. Most of them were commenting about the Coupe, Roadster & Countryman. The red baron (airplane MINI/Escape Pod) was a favorite with the crowd as well as that HUGE cone/pylon.

Bravo for a job well done Gretchen and I loved the drive afterwards too Larry! Clap

I've been enjoying the photos too. Keep them coming... Big smile
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
GRNSTRK View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRNSTRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/12 at 5:28pm
If I had $1 for every time I heard someone exclaim "Now THAT is a BIG CONE!!" and variants of the same (some with expletives), I would have made some coin! We were happy to be a part of the event. It's been a few years since attending an organized event. Thanks everyone!
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/12 at 7:09pm
Awesome!!!  The pictures are wonderful and you all did us proud indeed!!  Sorry we couldn't be there this time, but it looks fabulous!
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
 Post Reply Post Reply