Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - John Cooper Works Black Grill and Headlight Trim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Cooper Works Black Grill and Headlight Trim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoHack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Cooper Works Black Grill and Headlight Trim
    Posted: July/06/12 at 8:34pm
My first mod on my new Mini.

Paint doesn't stick too well to chrome, so rather than paint the pieces, I went and bought the black JCW pieces from the dealer. They weren't too expensive, and were very easy to remove and replace.

I've got to order the black ones for the tailights in the rear.

Edited by GoHack - July/06/12 at 9:42pm
'10 JCW (Stage 1)R56;6 Spd MT;JCW Eng Perf Kit;NM Torq Arm Insrt;NM Discharge Pipe;Drk Silv Metallic/Blk Rf;JCW Blk Trim;Blk R104 Whls;Blk Leather Punch Carbon Seats;Sport Pk;Cld Climate Pk;No Sunroof
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/12 at 10:04pm
cool! Definitely makes it pop!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/12 at 12:24am
Very Nice
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/12 at 5:23pm
Thumbs Up  NICE!
Island Maser View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Island Maser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/12 at 6:45am
Mine were just wrapped in black. Curious of the cost of the black parts.
2011 JCW Hardtop. Midnight Black, Black Wheels and Murdered out,Flat Black Viper stripes with 1/4" red Pin on the outsides. Front and Rear Red Tow Hooks, - Name BlackJack
GoHack View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoHack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/12 at 7:18pm
I went to order the Black Tail Light Trim on Friday, but it turns out that they are now suddenly unavailable here in the US for some reason. Angry I checked w/both the Seattle and Tacoma Mini dealerships.

They were just released by MiniUSA, and the dealer just got the ones for the front that I just bought (Grill and Headlights), but now, all of a sudden, none of them are available. They do have them in stock in Europe.

Is this normal for MiniUSA to come out w/an Accessory/Part, and to then all of a sudden, discontinue it?

From what I read, the JCW Performance Kits for the 1st Generation of Mini's are starting to become scarce. I better get my kit for my R56 as soon as possible, before they too are discontinued.

As for the price I paid, the Headlight Trim was around $27 each, and the Grill Trim, around $37 each (top and bottom).

I'd like to get the Blacked out Headlights, but they are $800 each. Unhappy

Edited by GoHack - July/22/12 at 7:23pm
'10 JCW (Stage 1)R56;6 Spd MT;JCW Eng Perf Kit;NM Torq Arm Insrt;NM Discharge Pipe;Drk Silv Metallic/Blk Rf;JCW Blk Trim;Blk R104 Whls;Blk Leather Punch Carbon Seats;Sport Pk;Cld Climate Pk;No Sunroof
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/12 at 11:52pm
Gen 1 is for 02-06 Gen 2 is 07-12
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/12 at 4:26pm
I was actually told, name withheld but not local, that what you did wouldn't fit. That the grill and trim had to be replaced at the same time along with a couple other bits to get it to line-up properly. I see now that person is wrong so good for trying this and congrats! Looks great. I had mine wrapped.

As far as MINI USA being oddballs with parts; that'd be a yes. You can certainly import them from the EU but of course that drives up the cost.

For blacked out headlights look up the Joey Mod. It is not difficult but takes some faith.

Will you be at donuts this Sunday? I'd like to compare the parts with my wrap job. Thanks
Chehoni View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chehoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/12 at 3:14am
Originally posted by GoHack GoHack wrote:

My first mod on my new Mini.

Paint doesn't stick too well to chrome, so rather than paint the pieces, I went and bought the black JCW pieces from the dealer. They weren't too expensive, and were very easy to remove and replace.

I've got to order the black ones for the led tubes in the rear.

These are really nice but have you not tries LED ones?

Edited by Chehoni - September/07/12 at 12:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply