Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > NON - MINI Items For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canon SLR and lenses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canon SLR and lenses
    Posted: August/09/12 at 8:02am
Updating the original post with pictures and pricing.

I took good care of all my lenses and the 30D. I always had the lens cap on when not using, and the hood when using.
Cash only please.

Sigma 50mm f1.4 for Canon - $400
Comes with semi-hard case, hood, original box and lens caps.  This lens is much better than Canon 50mm f1.4 lens.

Canon 17-40 f4.0L - $550
Comes with soft case, hood, and lens caps. I'm also including a Hoya circular polarizer.

Canon 70-200 f2.8L non-IS - $1000
Comes with semi-hard case, hood, tripod collar, original box, and lens caps.

Canon 30D body - $200
Canon 30D, body only. It is in good shape. Comes with new spare battery, charger, 2GB CF card, shoulder strap.

Edited by Erhan - November/12/12 at 8:28am
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/12 at 7:14am
Someone must want a camera that was owned by the STIG.  Imagine.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/12 at 8:03am
Well, as you'd imagine my camera focuses faster than any other...
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/12 at 8:29am
Updating the original post with pictures and pricing.
2011 R56 S
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/12 at 10:04am
I've shot with that 20-200 f/2.8L (not Ethan's but another one I borrowed) and it really is a spectacular lens. All L glass is on the heavier side but that lens is fairly thin so plenty manageable with 2 hands (the foot is removable). I'd own it if I could shoot with two hands. 200mm may not seem like a lot of reach but going to a fast lens like this will help keep things in focus which allows for some pretty significant crops. If Tracey was a better bi-pod (she wiggles around too much) I'd buy this lens :)
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/12 at 10:42am
Ryan,  Just curious - have you tried shooting with a monopod?   Many advantages.  I have one if you would like to try it sometime...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/12 at 11:11am
Thanks Ryan.  70-200 is really an amazing lens.  f2.8 gives an amazing bokeh. 

It can be used with an 1.4x extender as well, which converts this to a 98-280mm f/4.0 lens, which is basically a telescope if you're using it with a crop sensor (280x1.6=448mm).
2011 R56 S
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/12 at 11:12am
I have a monopod and use it as a walking stick when hiking. Very useful indeed!

I shot Machu Picchu using a monopod. Not only did it allow for much better shots it provided a good base for getting up/down some of those steps. I was sold on the monopod at that point. I really should use it more often.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/12 at 12:51am
I highly recommend the 70-200 lens for anyone who is on the fence. I have the F4 IS version of the 70-200 lens. The sharpness is incredible. You can crop an image down to 10 or 20% of the original frame size and still get incredible detail. 

Here's a shot I got of Ichiro from about halfway back in the stadium. This is heavily cropped but the detail is still crisp.

The 2.8 lens performs better in low light and is pretty much just as sharp as my F4 lens. 

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/12 at 9:57am
If I was not in the middle of an espresso machine change I would be all over that  Canon 70-200 f2.8L non-IS!!!!
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/12 at 9:19pm
All is gone except the 50mm Sigma.
2011 R56 S
 Post Reply Post Reply