Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMini Picnic - Event Date: August/27/12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Mini Picnic
    Posted: August/26/12 at 7:44pm
Thanks Jack and Linda for putting on another great picnic.  Good weather, good food and good friends made for a nice day.  And thanks also to Ryan and Tracey for the pre-picnic drive, your efforts behind this were appreciated and we all had a nice drive to begin the day.  PS MINI rocks.
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 7:12am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab3flGhr6E4&feature=youtu.be
Here is the link to the video of the Mini picnic game.
thaks again to everyone who helped put this together and make this another fun club event.

Edited by Grape Ape - August/27/12 at 11:23am
Calvin & Brenda Doss

2005 Black eye Purple Cooper-S MODs Alta 15% pully, Mini Madness stage 2 competition clutch,Madness air intake,Polyurethane bushing kit,strut tower plates, MDS coil pack.
Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 7:22am
Calvin & Brenda Doss

2005 Black eye Purple Cooper-S MODs Alta 15% pully, Mini Madness stage 2 competition clutch,Madness air intake,Polyurethane bushing kit,strut tower plates, MDS coil pack.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 7:39am
Sorry to have missed the drive and the picnic.  Looks like a fun time, and a great turnout of MINIs!
Hope everyone had fun - the weather held out. Thanks for capturing it all, Calvin. 

Dave, nice MITM shirt. Tongue

Cheers!

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 8:48am
I'll second that. Thanks Jack and Linda for once again providing a great location and organizing a great picnic. Larry cooked me up a mighty fine burger and I especially enjoyed the secret bbq sauce. It's too bad this shindig only occurs once a year.
Claywiltre View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claywiltre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 9:32am
I am glad that I could stop by!
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 10:25am
Glad everyone had a great time. Sorry to have missed it this year. Looks like a good time was had by all!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
ancbbear View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancbbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 11:21am
I agree, it was a wonderful day, Ryan we loved the drive.  The food was great and it was nice meeting new friends and seeing old friends, no I don't mean age.  Donna it was fun talking with you yesterday, hope you have a great birthday.  Happy Birthday, love and hugs
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 1:23pm
Great pictures as usual, Calvin! It was a lot of fun and this year it didn't rain! Ryan led a fun drive too.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/12 at 2:02pm
We had an awesome time!!!! Thank you Jack and Linda for putting this on for the club every year!!   I'm already looking forward to next year! :)
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
_Lo_ View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lo_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/12 at 8:51pm
Had a blast! It was great meet everyone there.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/12 at 5:10pm
Steve and I had a blast as usual. Great company (motorers and MINIs), tasty food, and fun times! The mummy game was a riot. However, I'm not sure we won it fairly. Ashley was by far the best wrapped mummy there. LOL LOL

Glad I finally got to officially meet you Laurie (aka _Lo_). I'm happy you joined our MINI team even though your dad owns a Porsche. I'll be looking forward to this year's Porsche vs. MINI food drive challenge in December. Tell your dad, Larry Nelson, to watch out for us MINIs. We'll be in full force! Wink

Thanks for posting the pics and video Cal. I'm glad that Brenda was able to join us. It's always nice to look back on those crazy and fun times. 

Hope to see you all at the next event. Happy Motoring until then...
Brenda
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/12 at 5:54pm
Next year there will be a prize for the fastest mummy wrap and another prize for the best mummy wrap.

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/12 at 7:19pm
Haha, I was a pretty tightly bound mummy for sure. I think I'm going to make it a fashion statement :)
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/12 at 10:15am

I know I'm a little late in posting my thanks to everyone for:

• joining us for the picnic!
  • participating in the activities and socializing
  • bringing all the great food!!!
  • helping with both setup and cleanup!

Jack and I had a wonderful time and while I didn't get to visit with everyone as much as I would have liked it was a great day.

Thanks to all of you!  Clap

Just a couple of additional photos:
"the artistry of mummification"

Mummies gone bad.....

There's one in every crowd.....

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
 Post Reply Post Reply