Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > NON - MINI Items For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD-Espresso Machine & Grinder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD-Espresso Machine & Grinder
    Posted: September/09/12 at 4:56am
Rancilio Silvia semi-automatic espresso machine and Rancilio Rocky Doserless grinder.  $550 for both.  The espresso machine & grinder have been sold.

http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/rancilio-silvia-espresso-machine-version-3
http://www.wholelattelove.com/Rancilio/rancilio-silvia-redesigned-v3-espresso-machine.cfm?
The one I am selling is a version 1.

http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/rancilio-rocky-coffee-grinder
http://www.wholelattelove.com/Rancilio/rockydoserless.cfm

Both in good working order and I have extras for the espresso machine, like upgraded tamper, dosing baskets and backflush basket.  I seriously upgraded my home coffee bar and now these are just gathering dust. 

The upgrade is a LaMarzocco GS/3 MP with a VersaLab M3 grinder.  Note, the Rocky grinder is still being used.

Edited by SMOG - October/06/12 at 5:22am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 8:19am
Stephen - you posed that picture with the Mini cup, didn't you.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 9:34am
Yes, guilty as charged, but in reality that is the mug I make my morning espresso and Americano's in so it was handySmile

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 10:30am
OH WOW! Congratulations on your new LaMarzocco! One of the best coffee machines ever!

Btw, when are we doing a coffee meeting? ;)

Stefano

Edited by italianjob - September/09/12 at 10:32am
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by italianjob italianjob wrote:

OH WOW! Congratulations on your new LaMarzocco! One of the best coffee machines ever!

Btw, when are we doing a coffee meeting? ;)

Stefano

The coffee bar is always open @ Che' Stephen's, provided we are home!  PM to get the current scheduleSmile

The new machina is pretty darn nice, I would have to move the decimal point to get one better.  Very adjustable and as quiet as a rotary pump machine should be.  It is also rebuild-able forever, like the Rancilio which is built like a tank.

I guess I will need an Italian grinder to go with the LaMarzocco once I sell the Rocky, suggestions??

italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 2:51pm
Stephen let me know if you need anything from Italy because my in-law are leaving today for Roma and they will be back in 2 weeks!

...and i'll PM you for schedule for sure! I can't really have coffee because it gives me migraines but.. its always nice to meet with you!

Stefano
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 3:03pm
Thanks for the offer Stefano!  It is hard to transport great food and good smells from that land of good foodBig smile
 Antique espresso machines, like a Faema Lambro Lever are way to ponderous to move but it would be high on my list.  Even the LaCimbali MicroCimbali would be way to difficult to transport.  When I was last in Italy I spotted a double ended clawfoot bath tub with grape cluster motifs that I really wanted but can you imagine the shipping???LOL

I have a de-caf blend that my wife and I both like that might not give you migraines.  It is a Peet's Mocca Java; have you tried it?

Edited by SMOG - September/13/12 at 3:54am
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 7:41pm
Hey!  Include me in the schedules PM!  I have a dish to return and need to have some more of your espresso.  I don't speak Italian but do speak Enfield!
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/12 at 8:54pm
Pat, speaking Enfield is pretty easy since it is a Canadian model (Longbranch) Smile

Cafe' Stephen is going to be acting as Tour Guide tomorrow through Saturday so it will be closed as I try to learn more Vietnamese; good luck with that!!  I suppose I will be begging for mercy and ready for good old fashioned English by Sunday!

S&L

Edited by SMOG - September/13/12 at 3:55am
LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/12 at 6:41pm
A Mazzer Robur with conical mills and electronic dosing would be nice, but I don't think it will fit under the cabinets.

2nd choice would be a Mazzer MINI Electronic with the short hopper.

Did you plumb in the GS/3?

Gretchen

Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/12 at 6:59pm
I like the idea of conical burrs since they seem to impart a different flavor to the grind of whatever bean you are using.  I presently am using a grinder that is a hybrid of conical and flat.  A http://www.versalab.com/server/coffee/grindernew.html  I am using without the dosing hoppers.  I am also using a hand grinder for travel and power failures and kayaking picnics, http://www.orphanespresso.com/OE-PHAROS-Hand-Coffee-Grinder_ep_636-1.html   It is a straight conical burr and a large one.  Both of those grinders are pretty small and if you notice the Versalab is smaller than the Rocky but the Pharos is even smaller in height.

The Mazzer Robur is a tall beast! and it collects more grounds in it's delivery chute than it's little brother the Mazzer Kony which is shorter (a little) than the Robur.  Another grinder I am considering is a Compak K-10 because it's conical burrs are between the Mazzer Kony and Robur in overall size but the machine is shorter(I believe it is made Spain).   Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Flat burr grinders sure are less $$$ and are tempting.  A large flat burr (83mm) has about as much bean travel in the burr as a 63-68mm conical so speed of the grind (heating the bean) seems to be one of the factors to consider, I think...  The Robur has a 71mm conical burr.

The GS/3 is indeed plumbed it and I love it that way!  I run all water through a softener/filter system with it's own pressure regulator.

I was is Seattle wandering in and out of coffee shops today looking at their equipment and drooling(for all sort of reasons):-))))

Are you a coffee fanatic too???

Edited by SMOG - September/13/12 at 4:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply