Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked(Son of) Haulin' Ash Wine Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Son of) Haulin' Ash Wine Tour
    Posted: September/16/12 at 5:34pm
Stacie and I had a great time this weekend, even though we had to cut out early Sunday morning so she could make it to her callback for The Music Man on time.  Here's some photos:

We had to stop on I-90 and let the DOT clear some rocks or something.  Thought it would put us off schedule but it definitely did not.  We are at a complete stop and Stacie is taking pictures out the car window.  I took this as an opportunity to get out of the car and get busy with some spray-on car wash.  For some reason Belinda and Stacie thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen.

Following Linda and Jack and Tracy and Ryan on the Canyon Road.

Here's the whole gang (minus Dona and Jack) at Naches Heights Vineyard.  Beautiful grounds and facility.

Here we are learning about winemaking at Kestrel, where they don't seem to pour any wine that isn't good.

The 37's outside of Kestrel.

Belinda, photographed with her actual husband.

We took the back way into Kennewick from Kestrel.  Truth is, we missed a turn and got a bit lost.  Stacie, seeing a view like this out of her window, said to Linda over the radio "Where are you taking us?  Bruce and I grew up in North Dakota and this looks desolate even to us!"

Here we are turning around at what appears to be some top secret farming facility - note the signs.  The Maps of Google had failed us and we had to look at actual signs to get back to the road to Kennewick.  It was actually pretty funny how lost we got and everybody took it in stride.  We were a mere 6 miles from the Oregon border at this point.

Hopefully the rest of the gang will share some more pictures from Saturday and especially Sunday!

Bruce

Edited by valvashon - September/18/12 at 9:45pm
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/12 at 9:01pm
What a great weekend!!!! Thank you for all the planning and prep work that went into this sun, wine and friends weekend! I love the photos, Bruce! We took a ton with Dean's GoPro, I will work to get those uploaded soon. We stayed and did the morning runs with the rest of the group and then ended up having lunch together under the trees at Bookwalter! We missed you and Stacie, but totally understood your need to get home! We were all thinking of Stacie and sending great thoughts, not that she would need any of them! :)

I have to agree with your statement... Seeing you wash your car on I90 was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... :) Good times!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/12 at 11:50am
Perhaps it was the early hour and lack of sleep, but the sight of Bruce matter-of-factly getting out the spray bottle and chamois as if the rest of us were crazy not to WAS the funniest thing in the world.  John was passing out 3 Musketeers.  It was a MINI party on the interstate!  I couldn't stop laughing then OR when we were following Linda out into the middle of nowhere at the end of the day.  Completely ridiculous and totally fun! Thanks to all who worked to plan this run. We have some great wines, some fancy cheese and great memories!

Stacie
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/12 at 6:01pm
27 bottles and 1 wine club later....   it was nice to pass out in my own bed last night. A _giant_ thank you for this event. I'm good if the pass closes now ;) as I think our haul home will get us through winter.

Thank you John and Mavourneen and Linda and Jack for leading the rally and to the Tri-Cities club for their tour. I really enjoyed the wine tours and tasting with everyone. That was the first time I had wine directly from the cast. This kind of event really shows that it isn't just the cars that make up a good car club, it's the people too. Can't wait to see everyone again and especially our new friends. On to XXX Car Show!

Here are my pictures... as most of you know my camera broke when we got to the first winery so no critiquing this time!
ipeverywhere's Haulin' Ash 2012 Photo Gallery

I did the best I could and decided to post way more than I normally do. It's a big gallery but I hope you enjoy it. Here is the whole story about my camera...

I have a Canon 5D that I bought in 2006. It's been my very trusty shooter ever since and, in fact, it's so trusty I own two 5D bodies. Canon has released two updates to this camera but I live with this one because I know it. When we arrived at the first winery the camera was not functioning correctly. The shutter was not right, it was flashing "Err" on the screen, and I could not see through the view finder. I pulled the lens to find the mirror on the SLR mechanism had fallen off. It fell right into my hands. A quick google told me this was a known problem but it left my camera worthless... or maybe not. After some troubleshooting I realized that removing the mirror still allowed the auto-focus system to work. This left me with no view finder, no meter, no idea what the camera was focusing on, but an otherwise working camera. So, I did the best I could. Was kind of a fun experiment but not one I'd like to repeat. I'll be bringing my backup body to XXX and Canon has already sent me a shipping label to get this fixed.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/12 at 7:14pm
WOW!  Great pictures!  All most as good as being there again!  (Amazing what Ryan did with no viewfinder!) 
No stopped traffic westbound on I-90 today (Monday) but L O N G backups and stopped traffic  eastboud.
Hope everyone gets rested up and will be ready for the car show on Sunday -  
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/12 at 8:05pm
Could not have asked for better weather, better company, better settings and of course better wine!  Thank you all for helping make this a great weekend getaway!  Looking forward to XXX and many more opportunities to get together with all of you and others looking for a good time!

A shout out for Mid-Columbia MINI for showing us their neighborhood, especially the ZERO Gravity dip-Awesome!

One other mention - Thank you Lucy for being our honorary mascot - you made us all smile and laugh even during the traffic jams!
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/12 at 9:04pm
Awesome photos, Ryan!!!!   Loved them all!!! :)
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/12 at 11:25am
I love all the pictures from everyone and was giggling over Bruce and Stacie's captions - Really?  You thought we were lost and not just driving to make sure we got a spectacular view of the sunset??? LOL

Oh, and Ryan.....amazing that you got the pictures you did given the circumstances!  I do think there was something wrong though, those pictures of me just do not look right........Big smile

We had such a wonderful time with such a wonderful group of people!  We missed those that were unable to attend, but it was so nice to be able to visit together.  I enjoyed so many of the opportunities we had and they were just capped off by the lunch at Bookwalter in those comfy chairs with great wine and food.

Thanks to all involved in putting this trip together and kudos to those who made it so much fun by being there.  Special thanks to Todd and Paul and Paul & Georgia from the Mid Columbia Club who showed us some fun roads and the way to enjoy them!  It was a very special weekend!

For those of us that stayed over until Monday, we went to a wonderful Mexican restaurant (Fiesta) that Jack and I used to go to and enjoyed every bite and every laugh with Les and Donna and John and Mavourneen!

2012 PSMINI Wine Tour (wish I had taken more and better ones, but I get distracted easily!)

The Motley Crew on Sunday:

Edited by WOODSTOCK - September/18/12 at 3:25pm
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
2bmini_driver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmini_driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/12 at 6:11pm
Here is a Trailer of Jump Off Joe Sunday, video yet to come --- enjoy the teaser.

Always great company to motor with you folks. Lets do it again and run out to Walla Walla next year!

Motor on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhU9To3Q10k

Edited by 2bmini_driver - September/18/12 at 6:17pm
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/12 at 7:15pm
PopcornHow fun is that, Todd!!!  Thanks so much for all you did and we can hardly wait for the full version! 
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/12 at 8:01pm
Nice bit of video work Todd - really looking forward to the full production!

(Thanks for making Sunday a great motoring day - capped off with a perfect lunch!)
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/12 at 8:42pm
WOW!!!   Great job, Todd!!! It gave me goose bumps!! Thank you for putting it together. Can't wait for the full version! :)

Linda, your photos were fun!! I'm glad you captured some of the fun moments!!!

I love this club!
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/12 at 9:58pm
Linda - Here's that great sunset you were talking about, though admittedly at the time I was taking pictures so the authorities could find us.  Wink 

Stacie

2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/12 at 10:22am
Todd, that is so exciting that I got goose bumps.  Nice job!

Great pictures from everyone.  Stacie, I must have blinked because I don't remember ever seeing any building on our side trip towards the Oregon border. 
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/12 at 9:20am
Originally posted by 2bmini_driver 2bmini_driver wrote:

Here is a Trailer of Jump Off Joe Sunday, video yet to come --- enjoy the teaser.

Always great company to motor with you folks. Lets do it again and run out to Walla Walla next year!

Motor on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhU9To3Q10k

That was awesome! I can't wait to see the full blown movie. BowDown

I wish I could've joined you all but work got in the way again. I enjoyed the pics and feedback. I'll be looking forward to seeing my MINI friends this Sunday at the annual MINI car show though. See you then! Big smile
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
2bmini_driver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmini_driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/12 at 11:40am
Would be great to see footage from Dean's GoPro, Would like to incorporate some of his footage into full length "Jump of Joe" Video.
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/12 at 3:35pm
Hi Todd, I'll have Dean connect with you and send you some images from his GoPro... :)
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
 Post Reply Post Reply