Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2nd Annual Pumpkin Patch Rallye -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd Annual Pumpkin Patch Rallye -
    Posted: October/20/12 at 3:43pm
We had a good time hangin' with all y'all. Thanks for setting this up!

(corrected spelling in heading from Jack's post.... - L)

Edited by WOODSTOCK - October/20/12 at 5:14pm
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 4:26pm
Hope everyone had as much fun on this as we did - Brenda and Steve picked some great roads for the drive, some nice photo op stops, and an excellent place for a hot lunch on a blustry day.  Linda and I had to skip the Punkin Patch after lunch so we could get home to get ready for her dad's 89th Birthday Party on Sunday.  We did however get to play in the several miles of traffic heading in both directions to the corn mazes and pumpkin patches...  Nobody in the Puget Sound area was going to let a little (?) wind and rain keep them from finding the perfect pumpkin and getting lost in a corn maze!  Great day!  Thanks to Brenda and Steve and all who joined in the fun!

AMEN from Me, too!  Awesome time and great to meet all of the new people and have Allison & John come by and join us as well! -Linda

Edited by WOODSTOCK - October/20/12 at 5:17pm
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 4:28pm

well that was pretty fun! thanks for setting up the cool route Clap

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 6:17pm
That was a good drive and also good to meet new MINI folksThumbs Up

Sorry to hear that Stefano & Cristina are leaving but at least Stefano will be living in the city where he works!!!  Good luck to you both, Stefano & CristinaWave (a wave goodbye).
When I saw the Pumpkin Patch I realized that there were waaaaaay to many people for me to participate.  Kudos to Brenda and Steve for putting together such a fun Event!

Stephen & Lee

Edited by SMOG - October/21/12 at 4:35am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 6:22pm
So sad I missed this! My aunt in eatonville said it was hailing and I kept hoping you guys didn't get caught in it
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 7:30pm
Well, I hope everyone is back home safe and sound by now? Thanks to y'all for coming out. It wouldn't have been the same without you. Wink Thank you for showing up even though the weather at first didn't look too promising. I'm very relieved the sun came out to greet us. 

My apologies if I made that quiz a bit hard. I was trying to make it challenging but not that challenging. LOL I'll add a few links later so you can look at the answers to the quiz. I guess I'm just too much of a MINI fanatic? Really though... I feel everyone should know where their MINI was born. However, Linda Grouell pointed out that the Countrymans are made in Austria. I'd better do more research for next year's quiz. I had no idea! Shocked Here's the link on that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Countryman

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos that were taken today. I cannot take any credit for the pics because I was driving, but my hubby Steve took a few. Here's some of my favorites (especially the group shot with the Motorers proudly standing by their MINI):

Wish this one didn't turn out so blurry, but this pic is the best of the bunch of the mirror shots:

And another favorite group shot:

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 7:42pm
...a candid shot of one of our talented photographers in the club: Genie B
IMG_7206 by bfromhold, on Flickr

...and a link to view all the other pics that my hubby Steve took: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCxpo85
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 8:38pm
I was so happy to make at least the drive  THANKS, BRENDA & STEVE!  You Guys ROCK! WooHoo      Fun day, Everyone!

Wonderful photos, Steve!  The group shots are FAB! 
Hmmmm, guess my face says how happy I was about that candid! Wink

Here are some memories of the day from me Tongue

A little bit more . . . little bit more . . . just like backing up the firetruck.

MINIs everywhere I looked!

Autumn Color!

Do NOT try this at home!

Thanks, Guys!

Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 8:52pm
Wow what a great event and a great group of people. I cannot wait to register as a member and attend the next event!

I think I will post in the new person section to just give a run down about myself and all.

But I was the pepper white with the [BIG MAN] decal and the Dachshund in our car!

Had a great time guys!

Great job Clap
2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/12 at 9:54pm
Great day! Thanks Brenda and Steve for the great time!

It was great to see everyone and to meet new folks!

Im gonna let everyone know when and where we are going to have a little "goodbye" party as soon as possible. I am pretty sure it's gonna be a on very short notice because my company unfortunately works this way: drin-drin drin-drin "hi is this Stefano?" "yes" "cool, come to Dallas tomorrow for training"
Well not that short but.. i usually get a couple of days at most.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HAPPY DAY!!!

Stefano&Cristina
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 8:52am
So sorry we didn't make it. Looks like everybody had a great time! And love the pictures, Genie!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Marc View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 12:42pm

I have a few more photos on http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcnewman/8107059981/in/set-72157631815561263/lightbox/, if you're inspired to look. Cool

Edited by Marc - October/21/12 at 12:45pm
Beastie - Jan 2012 JCW Clubman (auto), Eclipse Grey, Black Trim & stripes, tinted windows, technology & Cold Weather pkg.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 5:30pm
Fabulous shots Genie! BowDown I'm so glad you decided to come along on the drive. I remember you posting that you weren't going to make it. I'm thrilled that you surprised all of us. LOL
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 5:37pm
Same to you Marc... It's great to have so many talented photographers in the club. Wink
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 5:43pm
As promised... Here's answers to a few of the questions on the quiz. This is a short clip of the 1969 classic Italian Job. As you can see, the Minis are solid colored (the roof is the same color as the body) and they all have bonnet stripes:

Edited by Hapa Haole - October/21/12 at 5:45pm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 5:50pm
...and here's a link to watch the newer Italian Job (2003). Charlize Theron is the only MINI driver that is driving an S. The other two MINIs are justa (non-S). Also, note that all three MINIs have sunroofs. Wink
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 5:56pm
...and last but not least, here's a short video of our local tv celebrity, Cisco Morris, in a MINI commercial with his Chili Red, justa (non S) MINI. 
Steve518 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 7:53pm
Thanks to all for the kudos and thanks you's, really Brenda deserves all of the praise. She is who did all the work! Nice to meet all the new Miniacs, hopefully I can keep every one straight. Nice pictures everyone, and thanks Genie for posing for the one of you. Also nice to see some "old timers" (both young and old!), hopefully not our last time with Stefano and Cristina! See you all soon,
Steve 
Husband of Hapa Haole "Brenda"

Levi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/12 at 9:10pm
Love all the film clips.  Thanks for that Brenda & Steve, for the great photos, and for planning such a great trip.  And it's wonderful to see everyone else's photos, too.  There's a link to ours on the PSMINI facebook page.  For those not on FB:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimschuknecht/sets/72157631823058732/
2012 Lightning Blue S-Convert
with a "Denim" top
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/12 at 8:12am
Nice photos, everyone! A special Thanks to Brenda for positioning all the MINIs (and owners) for the group shots! Clap

no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/12 at 1:45am
Cool pictures Smile I'll add to the next one with my point n shoot
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
goddess View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/12 at 11:13am

Thank you all for a fantstic day!! This was our first event, and yes... we are hooked.

I must admit, however, you have inspired me to customize "Ruby" a bit more. She will be showing off her new black flames very soon. I've been told flames will make her faster. I bet they're right!

Thumbs Up
Ruby- 2012 Clubman, Chili Red. Plate "MINIR55"
Abbey- 2011 S Coupe, Eclipse Gray Metallic. Plate "DWNSIZD"
Dory- 2009 S Convertible, Lightening Blue Metallic, Plate "ACTLSZ"
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/12 at 12:00pm
Oh yeah!  FLAMES = FASTER!  Be sure and post a photo of RUBY with her new flames in the "modifications" thread. Thumbs Up

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/12 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Genie B Genie B wrote:

Oh yeah!  FLAMES = FASTER!  Be sure and post a photo of RUBY with her new flames in the "modifications" thread. Thumbs Up
Yes, you MUST post pics of her new flames! Wink

I wanted to thank you again for the donation of the MINI rubbish bag as one of the prizes. I'm sure it'll be put to good use. Smile
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/12 at 2:33pm
First of all, we'd like to thank Brenda and Steve for another fantastic Pumpkin Run!  Good weather (mostly), MINI friends, good food and a reason to go to the Pumpkin Patch.  While possessing neither Genie B's artistic eye nor Brenda's really nice camera, we still decided to take some pictures:

For future reference this is at Alder Dam.  There may be a quiz later.

Here is BLUEDIA with her Halloween accessories.

And here is a closeup- read carefully!

One of the many stagings at Alder Lake Park.

Brenda, thinking about how to rearrange the cars yet again!

Elliott took this one just before everybody waved.

If this is your dog it is beautiful and very well behaved.

Just the tops make for an interesting picture.

Here's my try at the ladder shot- just about got all of them in!

Elliott enjoying "Go-Kart handling" on a real Go-Kart.

Again, thanks to the organizers and special thanks to the prize committee for the various events as of late.  You've really come through with some fantastic prizes and the gas card was especially appreciated!

Bruce, Stacie and Elliott

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/12 at 5:22pm
Good photosThumbs Up  It was indeed a fun day!

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/12 at 6:13pm
Bruce & Stacie,

I LOVE your photos and captions!  Still can't believe Bruce was at the very top of the ladder . . . no way I could do that even for a photo op. Brenda really did put a lot of thought and effort into organizing the optimum group shots. 

I had to miss the lunch, did you two win the Grand Prize? Congrats!  

It was a FUN day, for sure. WooHoo

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/12 at 6:32pm
Yes, as is a well established tradition, Bruce Stacie, and Elliott won the very difficult Trivia quiz - but you knew that...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Levi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/12 at 7:25pm
Bruce, Stacie & Elliott - Great photos.  And that's our dog, Kemo - you may be the very first people ever to call him well-behaved.  He's basking in the praise! 

Jim & Barb (& Kemo)
2012 Lightning Blue S-Convert
with a "Denim" top
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/12 at 9:03pm
Fanastic pics everyone!! Thumbs Up Thanks for sharing! 
 Post Reply Post Reply