Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield - Event Date: April/27/13 - April/28/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: "I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield
    Posted: May/01/13 at 9:38am
Late kudos to Gordon and Shelly and Dean and Belinda for having this idea in the first place and also for all the work they did.  Like the others, I hope we can do this trip again.
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/13 at 3:26pm
Just wanted to say thanks again to Gordon & Dean and their significant others for the time & effort they put in to making this a great event. We're already looking forward to doing it again!

We had a great time meeting & getting to know everyone.
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 7:37pm
I'm so glad I made the trip and thankful that my sister came with me but also missed Larry. He's sorry that he didn't make it. The organizers did a great job planning and it was a very smooth and seamless drive. The Bingo game was challenging but entertaining.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by TWIZZLR TWIZZLR wrote:

Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

Did you hear something?

John must have put that radio back on MUTE

Great trip and really looking forward to doing it again. Talked to new friends and like Belinda enjoyed being with beloved friends.

Thank you to all that planned this trip. Well worth it.

Karin

Censored  <===Now you know why I was muted!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

Did you hear something?

John must have put that radio back on MUTE

Great trip and really looking forward to doing it again. Talked to new friends and like Belinda enjoyed being with beloved friends.

Thank you to all that planned this trip. Well worth it.

Karin

Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 10:41am
What a great weekend!   I second Ryan's comment.. When are we going again? :)   THANK YOU to Shelly and Gordon for coming up with and executing this fun run to Edgefield!! I was reminded again this weekend how great this club is!! I loved meeting new friends and hanging out with great friends!   Looking forward to next year!!!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 7:28am
Thank you everyone for joining us on the run. I'm glad everything went smooth We had a fun golf game Sunday morning after a nice soak in the spa. I hope everyone got home OK and we will see you next year!
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 7:00am
Excellent weekend at the Edge and then I wake up to cold, rain, and wind. <sigh> When can we go back? Thanks again!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/13 at 5:59pm
That was fun! A big thank you to all those who organized and coordinated the drive and stops. We had a great time. On the way home we were reading out all the signs along the way.

Prior to the drive, Elizabeth was flipping me crap about washing Honu in the dark on Friday night. When we got home she said, "Are you going to wash the car now or wait until dark?   
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 3:22pm
After driving all day and then drinking non-stop all the way to getting into the 102 degree "pool" I nearly passed out from the heat. Very relaxing though =)    Bring your water-wings!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

104 degrees would be better. I like it hot.

Of course you like it hot, what else would you expect from a firefighter?
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 1:28pm

Well you better skip the pool then.
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 1:26pm
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 1:00pm

I didn't ask or look on their website, but is there a hot tub available near the pool? I would find that more relaxing and it world make it easier for me to wind down for the night. LOL

Here's what the website says about the pool:

Soaking Pool

Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. 'til 11 p.m.
Hotel & Ruby's Spa guests only.

The soaking pool, set behind Ruby's Spa and open to hotel and spa guests only,  meanders and flows, providing hidden spots and tributaries for those in need of a quiet moment. The pool is filled with soft, buoyant water that's heated to a comfortable 102 degrees.

Lemme in!

garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 12:11pm
The pool is a hot tub. It does the trick.
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 11:34am
I didn't ask or look on their website, but is there a hot tub available near the pool? I would find that more relaxing and it world make it easier for me to wind down for the night. LOL
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 10:35am
Meetup is at 8:00, drivers meeting at 8:15. Departure at 8:30.

See everyone at Top Foods tomorrow morning!

Bring a garbage bag. If we get rain (looking unlikely) there is no place at the pool to put your towel and robe to keep it dry. Then you have a wet/damp robe to wear to the bathroom for the rest of the night.

Edited by garumph - April/26/13 at 10:37am
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 10:20am
Final Deal
Meeting 615am leaving Shell station at 630am.

Karin
Karin & Karen

TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 10:08am
I suggested leaving at 615 because it takes about 1 hr 22 minutes per google maps and this would allow time to refuel both cars and people at Starbucks befor meeting for an 830 departure.

Thoughts?

Karin
Karin & Karen

PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 8:21am
Hi Karin - I think 6am will get us to Oly way too early. Let's plan on leaving at 6:30am from the Shell station.   See you tomorrow!!!!!!
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/13 at 10:36am
OK Northend group. We should meet at the Shell station at the intersection of Rosevelt and 75th at 600am with the intention of leaving at 615am.

Karin
Karin & Karen

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/13 at 9:33am
One bit of geeky/technical detail... Channel 7 sub-channel 21 is a shared FRS/GMRS channel so please bring your FRS and/or your GMRS compatible radio. Both will work.
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/13 at 8:46am
I know the soaking pool was mentioned in things to do.... DON'T FORGET YOUR BATHING SUITS!!!!! The soaking pool is AMAZING and there is a bar, so you can enjoy your favorite beverage while in the fantastic pool!

THANK YOU, GORDON and SHELLY for putting this together!   I can hardly wait for Saturday to get here!!! :)
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/13 at 8:33am
Originally posted by ipeverywhere ipeverywhere wrote:

Gordon the route sheet looks great!

Tracey and I will be stopping by PIR on Sunday. Not sure what time yet as a lot depends on when I can lift my head off the pillow ;) Martin, remind us what class you are in please?

I'm in Group 1. Large grid of PRO3 cars mixed with the really high horsepower cars..typically 30-40 (up to 50) cars on track at the same time. Not a dull moment! See you there.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/13 at 8:28am
Gordon the route sheet looks great!

Tracey and I will be stopping by PIR on Sunday. Not sure what time yet as a lot depends on when I can lift my head off the pillow ;) Martin, remind us what class you are in please?

Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/13 at 8:05am
There is racing at Portland International Raceway on Sunday if anyone is interested in checking it out on the way home. It's free and there is lots of good racing action (close to 200 entries including BMW, Porsche, Mazda, Ford, Chevy, formula cars, etc). You can even walk through the paddock and chat with the drivers and crews and just hang out. Stop by BadSRacing and say hello if you can. Cheers!  Link to schedule of events...  http://icscc.com/2013/announce/cscc_apr_2013.pdf
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/13 at 11:01pm
Is there a return on Sunday or are we on our own?

Are any of the non-golfers interested in a side trip to Multnomah Falls Sunday morning?
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/13 at 9:58pm
OK, we have drive instructions. Remember:

- Bring your radio GRMS tuned to channel 7, sub channel 21. For some of the drive there is spotty cell phone coverage. 
- Full tank of gas. We have a long drive and we will not be stopping for gas. 
- Watch your speed! These roads are well patrolled. We will be staying close to the speed limit, exceed it at your own risk.
- We will have printed versions of the instructions for everyone.

Oh YeahWe’ve Been to the Edge

PS MINI Run April 27-28, 2013 Olympia, WA to Edgefield in Troutdale, OR

Directions to Top Foods in West Olympia for meet up:            Lead Car: Baldwin’s “Hunka”

From I-5 South take North US 101             Gordon (253) 709-5508

Take exit Black Lake Blvd (West Olympia)            Shelly (206) 419-8038

Turn RIGHT at light onto Black Lake Blvd            Sweeper: Prince’s “Wild Blue”

Turn LEFT at the first light on Cooper Point Road SW            Dean (206) 851-1082

Turn LEFT at first light into the Top Foods parking lot            Belinda (425) 269-1823

OLYMPIA TO SOUTH BEND

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

8:30

Zero

Leave Top Foods

Top Food & Drug

1313 Cooper Point Rd SW

Olympia, WA 98502

RIGHT on Black Lake Blvd

RIGHT on US 101 N ramp Aberdeen/Port Angeles

8:35

Stay Left on State Route 8W Montesano/Aberdeen Raymond (Turns into Hwy 12)

The highway splits here: Hwy 8 left--101 right

9:05

Take exit toward Montesano/Raymond, State Route 107

LEFT at end of exit onto S. Main (S to Raymond)

Stay on S107 to Raymond

9:15

LEFT on US 101S Raymond/Astoria

Cross Traffic Does Not Stop. There is a merge lane Limited cell phone coverage.

9:35

OPTIONAL – *Need a bathroom? RIGHT on Fowler to McDonalds or Willapa Market

Catch up at East Point Market Sea Foods

9:40

RIGHT into East Point Market Seafood parking lot for oyster shooters and shrimp cocktails. Look for the fisherman and capsized rowboat

East Point Seafood Market

313 Robert Bush Dr. E

South Bend, WA 98586

* Bathroom options: McDonalds, DQ, Willapa Market, Rest stop a little further ahead.  If we split up, we won’t overwhelm one spot.  Stop if you need and we’ll meet up at East Pont Seafood Market.  Enjoy shrimp cocktail or oyster shooters for $3, or purchase fresh crab, oyster, smoked salmon.  Small Styrofoam coolers are available for $3.25  Or just enjoy the fresh air and water.

SOUTH BEND TO ASTORIA

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

10:30

Leave East Point Seafood Market

RIGHT on Robert Bush Drive East (US 101)

10:43

Construction.  Single lane with traffic control light

If we get separated, we’ll re-group at wide shoulder ahead

11:02

RIGHT on US 101 Long Beach

Enjoy the twisties

11:17

LEFT on alt 101 Astoria/Oregon

11:18

LEFT S. 101 Chinook/Astoria

Cross Traffic Does not Stop

11:30

RIGHT S. 101 Astoria (over bridge)

Welcome to Oregon!

11:37

LEFT 30 E Astoria/City Center

11:40

Stay on 30—Commercial becomes Leif Erickson

11:44

LEFT on 39th Street

Limited parking on dock. Alternative parking around business park side streets

Arrive at Rouge Ales Public House

Gather in room at back.

Rouge Ales Public House

100 39th St

Astoria, OR 7103

We’ll try parking everyone in the parking garage attached to Rouge.  Watch for help parking lots of cars in a small space! Alternatively, you can park on the side streets off of 39th before the wooden bridge.  We’re meeting in the private room at the back. Order from menu. Separate checks will be provided.

ASTORIA TO COLUMBIA VIEW PARK, SAINT HELENS

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

1:30

Leave Rouge Ales Public House

Reset mileage to zero!

LEFT on Leif Erickson, becomes Hwy 30E

2:45

LEFT on Columbia Blvd

Follow road RIGHT on 1st Street

LEFT on Plaza Square

Plaza Square turns right and becomes Strand Street

Arrive Columbia View Park, St. Helens, OR

Photo Opportunity

SAINT HELENS TO EDGEFIELD INN, TROUTDALE, OR

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

3:15

Leave Columbia View Park

RIGHT on 1st Street

LEFT on Columbia Blvd

Stay RIGHT on St. Helens

Left on Columbia River Hwy (HWY 30) Scappoose/Portland

3:55

Merge onto 405 N The Dalles/Seattle

Stay in the left lane and watch for Hwy 30

LEFT on 30 The Dalles

Right lane ends then rejoins, stay right.

Keep RIGHT on US 30/I-84 The Dalles

4:10

Take EXIT 16 238th Drive/Wood Village

RIGHT on NE 238th

LEFT on Halsey St

RIGHT into Edgefield.  Park at lot in front of main building

Parking can be tight. If the front lot is full there is more parking on the west side of the building.

Arrive Edgefield

Edgefield

2126 SW Halsey St

Troutdale, OR 97060

5:30 -- Meet up on 2nd floor West-side porch for Bingo Prizes!!

Dinner is on your own.  We suggest grouping up and making reservations after check in at either of the two on site restaurants: Black Rabbit or Power House Pub.

Enjoy the gardens.  Soak it up at Ruby’s Spa in the outdoor, heated soaking pool. Hit the Distillery Bar. Shoot some pool at Lucky’s. Taste wine while enjoying live Honky-Tonk –(7pm in the winery).  Life or Pi (6 pm) or Silver Linings Playbook (9pm) are playing in Power Station Theater.

Golf? The Pub Courses at Edgefield – a 10-hole ($12) and a 20-hole ($18) --are both par-3, pitch and put style.  Bring your own putter and wedge or rent for $2/each.  Weather permitting we’ll be playing around 11 am on Sunday.

Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/13 at 9:16pm
nice! you must have grabbed one of the canceled rooms we had.

We are up t 16 cars and 32 people. We should have our drive directions posted soon.

Edited by garumph - April/24/13 at 9:20pm
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
AJT View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/13 at 8:36pm
We booked our room too!!!

AJT   Alan and Janet Tarbutton
Alan and Janet T
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>