Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield - Event Date: April/27/13 - April/28/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: "I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield
    Posted: November/04/12 at 11:59am

Come join us for a drive to the Edgefield hotel in Troutdale OR to welcome in spring on the weekend of April 27/28. We will be taking a nice long drive down to Portland and spend the night at the Edgefield Hotel in Troutdale. Edgefield is one of the flagship McMenamin properties. It has 2 restaurants about 5 bars, a spa, and a 12 and 20 hole par 3 golf course.

We are announcing this so early because is very difficult to get room at the Edgefield on a Saturday so if you think you might want to attend, make reservations now! They do not charge your card and you can cancel with no penalty up to 48 hours before you arrive. So it costs nothing to reserve your place. It can be done on-line at the link above or call

Rooms are $90 (Queen) to $114 (King). All rooms have the bathroom down the hall. They have big fluffy bathrobes in the rooms and most of the bathrooms are private so it works pretty well.

Stay tuned for more information but this should be a fun weekend!

If you want to join us but don't want to or can't stay at the Edgefield, there is a Best Western just down the road about 1/2 mile. Rooms run about $109.
So who is in? Make your reservations now!

Attending:
1. garumph (Gordon & Shelly)
2. MiniCharley (Dean & Belinda)
3. CupCake (Mark & Andy)
4. leogetz (Leo & Erin) 
5. Levi (Jim & Barb)
6. Hapa Haole (Brenda & Steve)
7. catlvr2 (Leanne & Larry)
8. Peabody (John & Mavourneen)
9. Sixate (Bryan & Elizabeth)
10. seamill (? & ?)
11. Twizzlr (Karin & Karen)
12. bchaltraw (Ben & Linda)
13. ipeverywhere (Ryan & Tracey)
14.  (David & Karin)
15. Saphire (Donna & Les)
16. AJT (Alan & Janet)

Edited by garumph - April/24/13 at 9:17pm
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/12 at 5:56pm
We're in! (Leo & Erin) Love the McMenamins hotels. Already booked our room. Looking forward to it
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/12 at 7:40am
I am sooooooooooo looking forward to this weekend!! It's going to be a great time!! Our room is booked!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/12 at 9:13am
Myself and partner in crime Laura booked our reservations today! Count us in!

Thanks for setting such an awesome event up!!
2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/12 at 9:56am
Booked.  Just to clarify, there is no room block? 

Thanks,
Stacie
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/12 at 10:11am
There is no room block. We would have to rent a dining hall, and that came with a host of issues.  
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/12 at 2:26pm

So how are the common bathrooms? for people who have been. I tried to book a room with a private bathroom, but they were all taken! So I assume the common bathrooms are multiple full bathrooms? the doors lock and such for when ur using them and all? or is it like a bath house O.O lol!

2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/12 at 2:51pm
There are a couple types. On the first floor the showers and baths are behind doors and closed compartments in the mens room with stalls and urinals like any regular bathroom. Don't know about the women's. On floor 2 and 3 the bathrooms have showers or a tub and sink and are private rooms that you can lock and shower with your sweetie. There isn't a separate mens and woman's bath. You see lots of folks wandering to the bathrooms with their bathrobes on so it doesn't feel weird.  The bathrooms are actually quite nice.

Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oranos991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/12 at 7:31pm
Yea when I was reading it I was thinking..is this like showering at the gym...just a row of guys showering lol! But no that does sound nice, thanks for clarifying

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/12 at 9:02pm
Reservations made! Big smile

Edited by Hapa Haole - April/23/13 at 9:24am
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/12 at 9:54am
Reservation has been made for Larry and me.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/12 at 11:44am
We just made our reservation.  This trip sounds great!
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 1:18pm
updated the guest list in the first post. If anybody is considering going on this drive, make reservations now. Edgefield fills up quickly on the weekends and reservations are hard to get. But they are easy to cancel if you find you can't make it. Reserve now with no deposit and cancel at least 48 hours before your scheduled arrival with no risk.

See details in the first post.
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 2:53pm
Would love to attend but that's opening race weekend for Conference that weekend at PIR. Might be able to stop by for a brew after the race though! Stop by the track for a bit on Sat or Sun for a field trip ! ;)
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/12 at 3:09pm
The homepage lists all events within a 60 day time window (might even be 45 days, I don't recall), so unfortunately this event is too far into the future to show up.

When I get back to my desktop I'll add a link to this event in the homepage news section.
Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/12 at 9:42pm
I did put something out on the Homepage news the other day, Roy.  Feel free to tweak.
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Levi View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/12 at 8:44pm
We've booked our room!  Sounds like fun.
2012 Lightning Blue S-Convert
with a "Denim" top
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/12 at 10:17am
This is going to be such a great event!! Can't wait! I just wish it wasn't so far away! :)
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/12 at 5:40pm
Still rooms available. Reserve a room if you are considering going. There is no obligation if you cancel 48 hours before expected arrival.

Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/13 at 6:19pm
The Mrs and I were talking about this trip today...we're very excited.

I know the specific schedule is still TBD. But will anything we do on Sunday take us terribly far from the PDX area? We're considering extending our stay in the area an additional night...

Thanks in advance
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/13 at 6:28am
We were planning on enjoying Edgefield on Sunday and maybe some of the local sites then jetting back up I5 Sunday afternoon/evening.
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/13 at 9:19am
I made my reservation!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/13 at 11:22am
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

We were planning on enjoying Edgefield on Sunday and maybe some of the local sites then jetting back up I5 Sunday afternoon/evening.

Perfect...thanks for the info!
seamill View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/13 at 12:05pm
New member. The girlfriend and I will be there Smile
2005 Hyper Blue R53
Alta Gen 1 15% Reduction Pulley, One Ball Mod, NGK Plugs, Cold Weather Package
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/13 at 1:27pm
We are in. Belinda gave us a boot in the boot and made reservations for us.

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 4:23pm
Regarding the question mark next to Elliott's name, sorry little dude, this one is adults only.

I was also curious about the shared bathroom set up prior to staying, but we were on the second floor with totally private full baths.  Very nice.

Stacie
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/13 at 6:20pm
We made an initial run this weekend. We are going to do a coast run with a lunch in Astoria. We found a great place for a mid morning stop with great seafood. Oyster shooters and shrimp cocktail for good prices and very fresh. We have a fun lunch stop in Astoria. 

We have found some good twisties and some not so good gravel roads ( that we are not going to do). We will be doing some more checking around, but this looks to be a very fun run.
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/13 at 8:10pm
PopcornThumbs UpThumbs Up           DriveWooHoo

Edited by CINIMIN - January/27/13 at 8:12pm
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/13 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

We made an initial run this weekend. We are going to do a coast run with a lunch in Astoria. We found a great place for a mid morning stop with great seafood. Oyster shooters and shrimp cocktail for good prices and very fresh. We have a fun lunch stop in Astoria. 

We have found some good twisties and some not so good gravel roads ( that we are not going to do). We will be doing some more checking around, but this looks to be a very fun run.

Thanks in advance for the time & effort you've put into planning this event!
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/13 at 6:13pm
Stacie and I will unfortunately have to bail on this one.  We will be attending a wedding of a friend that weekend plus there's some other things going on during that time period as well.  We've known about the wedding for a while but hadn't sat down with the "save the date" fridge magnet and the computer until yesterday.  

We've reserved a room but will put it in somebody else's name if there's a member who hasn't booked a room yet.  They may be tough to get at some point so PM us and we'll hand our room off to you.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>