Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNW Harvest WINS Again!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NW Harvest WINS Again!!!!!!
    Posted: December/01/12 at 3:41pm
Thanks to Greg, Larry, and a whole bunch of Porsche and MINI drivers, NW Harvest is again the winner in the Annual Food Drive Challenge.  On a less than perfect day weather wise the generosity and giving nature of our car club members got the sharing season off to a great start!  I have to say thanks to all of the contributors - and thanks for letting us be part of such a great group. 
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/12 at 6:36pm
THANK YOU to Greg (Boomer) and Larry!  Great job pulling this together!  Great to see a strong turnout from both clubs on this questionable weather day. ALL of you car owners ROCK! Thumbs Up

Just a few pics:

MINIs in force at the meet-up

Heading out to the drop-off

Delivering the Goods

I was delighted with the Classics from SAMOA

Cheers!  WooHoo
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/12 at 6:42pm
Jack well said!!!

It's really a privilege to be part of two great organizations that have a common bond via cars and that CARE so much about their community. We lucked out with weather on the two previous events but todays weather didn't deter people from both Car Clubs from GIVING!

Just doesn't get better than that!!!!!

It's really about PEOPLE. We are not defined by what we DRIVE! We DEFINE ourselves by what we do!!! Today showcased all that's good about a bunch of CAR CRAZY PEOPLE that unite to improve circumstance that others are faced with during these tough uncertain times. It's just a GREAT FEELING to be associated with you all. The added benefit is you get to meet new people, see some great examples of what each car company offers and just enjoy each other company all while giving back a little.

We'll post up complete results but here is the initial tally without food donations:

Mini: 31 Cars and $1,800.00 in donations.
Porsche: 41 Cars and $4,600.00 in donations (This includes a sizable donation directly from the PNWR)

Even though I don't have a MINI any longer I still feel connected to this group of people. THANK YOU FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE AND SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY!

Cheers! 

Greg aka: Boomer
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/12 at 11:23am
Are there anymore pics out there? I'd love to see more! I think there was a guy from the Porsche club who was going around taking tons of pics. It would be great to see those...
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/12 at 12:18pm

I agree! Hope there are more pics to be posted. I arrived late and didn't hardly get around much at all - didn't even make it over to the Porsches before it was time to head out. There must be lots of photographers with pics to share.

BOOMER:  If there are Porsche members with pics, please have them share some with us.  Big smile

Cheers!

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/12 at 3:58pm
I'm so glad we had a good turnout of MINIs for this event (yes, and Porsches too). I'm amazed how many came out and braved the sketchy weather (especially the Porsches LOL). All joking put aside, it's always great to do something for the community. Thank you to all who came out and participated. Clap
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/12 at 6:17pm
No time for lunch but at least I got to wave at a few of you Cool

- sent in my membership stuff before I left to the M v. P challenge as well.
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
MiniChecker View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniChecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/12 at 6:39pm
Here are a couple pictures that I took.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/12 at 6:43am
Originally posted by SAMSON SAMSON wrote:

Are there anymore pics out there? I'd love to see more! I think there was a guy from the Porsche club who was going around taking tons of pics. It would be great to see those...

I'm emailing Larry Nelson, he was taking a ton of pictures, to see if he'll post or send them to Corners to post on the site.

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/12 at 1:38pm
Genie B. & Mini Checker PLUS anyone else with photo's of the event.

Please contact Ipeverywhere, Ryan, and send him non - compressed copies of your photos for the Christmas Party.

Don't want to put his email address here, so just PM him and get his email.

Thanks!

Cheers!
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/12 at 6:32pm
Hi all,
I could really use the originals of these photos because they are great. I can't pull them from the forum because they are too small. Please PM me if you have some place I can download them or if not PM me and I'll send you a link you can upload them. Appreciate it.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/12 at 10:10pm
St GEORGE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St GEORGE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/12 at 10:46pm
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/12 at 8:38am
I took a few pictures and then I got distracted by something shiny...

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/12 at 8:01am
Finally received the food totals from NW Harvest. Here's the email:

Good Morning!

According to our receiving team, it looks like the Mini Club brought in 809 pounds of food and the Porsche Club brought in 1861 pounds! Those are some pretty impressive numbers especially with the weather threatening to be not so stellar.

Thank you both for your efforts and patience with this!

Not as good a result as previous years but the weather wasn't cooperating.
The dollar donations: $5,020.00 Porsche/ $1,800.00 MINI.

GREAT WORK PEOPLE and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/12 at 3:46pm
Nice work everyone!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
 Post Reply Post Reply