Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChristmas Party - Event Date: December/09/12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9 LUVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Christmas Party
    Posted: December/10/12 at 8:27am
Had a blast at the Christmas party! So happy I decided to attend. What a nice group of people and slowly I am now putting names to faces. Haven't been to many events (just three this last year) but the party was one of the highlights. Count me in for next year!
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 8:40am
Great Party!  THANKS TO EVERYONE Involved in pulling it all together. Thanks to Ryan for a cool slide show reminding us of all the fun things we did this year with our MINIs!

THANK YOU Richard & Crew at Seattle MINI!!!  What a fabulous place for our Party!

Here are some snaps of Party Faces

WooHoo

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 9:34am
Thanks Genie for the pictures.  Need more so that I can attend vicariously.

I'm sorry we could not attend this year.  First time ever.

Family duties are unfortunately keeping us pretty much stuck from being gone from home for more that a little while evidenced by our absence from a lot of the recent events.

Thought of you all frequently.  Wish we could have attended.

Happy Holidays

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 10:46am
In my best Bill Esquire impression, it was most excellent to see everyone and party with you. What a way to blow out the motoring year. Special thanks to Linda for diligently leading this group for the past 4 years. Thank you to all the helpers who got us set-up and torn-down. Everything looked (and smelled) very festive this year. Thanks to Richard Stone and all of Seattle MINI for providing such an excellent space and raffle prizes. Thanks to all the other vendors I can remember off the top of my head: MC2, Griot's, Kurt (CORNERS) Shop, and I'm sure I'm missing others. I can't wait to get the 2013 motoring year kicked off! Enjoy your holidays and stay MINI!

P.S. I am working on getting the slideshow up online for all to see. The natural place to load it would be YouTube but there are some issues with that at the moment. When I get more time after the holidays I'll work on it and will provide a link here.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 1:41pm
We had an excellent time this year. I love that Seattle MINI provides us with such a great place to have our celebration. And everyone who worked hard to get it all put together did a great job. I'd also like to thank John (Peabody) for getting Linda's thank-you gift. Can't wait for next year!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 2:46pm
Great job everyone! We had a great time and njoyed visiting with everyone.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Eviltangents View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eviltangents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 3:03pm
Bummer I missed it but the tourney schedule made it impossible to attend. Glad to hear everyone had fun!
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/12 at 5:08pm
Thank you all that came to the party!  It was nice to see all of you again!

The volunteers for setup and cleanup did a fantastic job!  It looked wonderful and I can't thank you enough.  The food was ample and delicious.  The raffle prizes and auction items were many and those of you that did up gift baskets certainly used a great deal of imagination in putting them together.  The racing game setup up seemed to capture kids of all ages (thanks, Kurt!) and the cookies decorated showed a great deal of imagination. Ryan's slide show was masterful and captured the year's activities very wll.

The pictures I've seen are great - keep them coming!  (Brenda, I noticed you got the closeup of the MINI on the tree that needs an alignment!)

I know I made many last minute requests of several of you and thanks for stepping up and making the party a success and your patience when there were bumps in the road. (Remember those iTunes cards I couldn't find.....I was holding them in the green bag in my hand.....sigh)

I also want to say thank you so very much for the award.  John & Mavourneen and all the officers that put that together - I can't tell you how much that means to me.  For all of you, thank you so much.  I was overwhelmed with your comments and expressions of appreciation.  I was quite surprised in a very enjoyable way!

From Jack and I both, thank you so much and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Edited by WOODSTOCK - December/10/12 at 5:10pm
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
INAMINI View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INAMINI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/12 at 7:39am
Thanks for the wonderful party!  Everyone involved deserves a gold medal.  We had a lot of fun meeting some new (to us) MINIacs and seeing some old friends.

Linda- thanks for all of your hard work in the past four years.  PSMINI would not have survived without you!

Thanks, everyone!
Prettige Kerstdagen en Gelukkig Nieuwejaar!

Ina and Brett

2006 PW/B MCS with NL INAMINI Europlate
          _____
sssssss/__|_\_
ssssss(O)___(O)
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/12 at 1:13am
My goodness... Where do I start?

Thanks so much to Seattle MINI for giving us a place to have a party. What better atmosphere than around brand new MINIs and MINI enthusiasts? Big smile Thanks to Seattle MINI for also providing a lot of awesome raffle prizes.

I'm very appreciative to all the elves that helped set up and tear down. It was amazing how fast it came together (and apart) with the help of so many willing hands. Clap

Thanks to Ashley, Kim and many others who helped with the special finishing touches (table settings, raffle sales, raffle give aways, audio, music, etc). It's really an honor to hang around such wonderful MINIacs. Thanks to those who had donated those awesome baskets of MINI goodies (car detailing, MINI movies, popcorn, chocolate, cute MINI cars & MINI candy, etc). 

I must apologize that I didn't get around to saying hi to everyone. Ugh... Sometimes I get on a course and don't veer from it (setting up, taking pics, deciding which box to place the raffle tickets I bought, tearing down, and making sure I wasn't forgetting anything, etc). 

Dinner was superb! It really was a feast to behold. The decor was quite festive. Conversations were electrifying. It was a magical night. 

Thank you to Linda Grouell for her dedication to this club for the past 4 years. I was truly privileged to be a part of this club with Linda as our guide and leader. It's been a pleasure to be on the PSMINI board this year with such wonderful people (Linda, Kurt Hammond, Leanne Powell, and Dave Rinker). I'm really looking forward to 2013. May we continue on with the MINI spirit!

Cheers,
Brenda

Here's a photo of the 2012 PSMINI board of directors. 
L to R: Leanne Powell, Brenda Fromhold, Linda Grouell, Dave Rinker, and Kurt Hammond

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/12 at 1:30am
...and here's a link to view most of the photos I took (but not all because I'm still working on it). Come back and re-visit this link: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjD9xSHA

Here's a few of my favorites:
IMG_8322 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8325 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8327 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8329 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8335 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8337 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8342 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8348 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8361 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8362 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8365 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8367 by bfromhold, on Flickr
IMG_8369 by bfromhold, on Flickr
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/12 at 1:49am
Actually, it's hard to share just those. Here's some more: LOL

Anna and her nieces Sofia and Maya
IMG_8387 by bfromhold, on Flickr

I'm bummed I forgot to ask Santa for a JCW Roadster! 
IMG_8390 by bfromhold, on Flickr

Michael, Kim "Goddess", and Alyssa
IMG_8392 by bfromhold, on Flickr

Donna & Brad (aka BLUEDIA)
IMG_8401 by bfromhold, on Flickr

Winner of the MINI convertible or Roadster for a weekend:
IMG_8402 by bfromhold, on Flickr

Debbie and Paul
IMG_8403 by bfromhold, on Flickr

...and our lovely club president of 4 years: Linda Grouell
IMG_8406 by bfromhold, on Flickr
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/12 at 1:22pm
Brenda,

FAB photos!  Excellent job of capturing the whole event!

Thank you to our Board members from 2012, and Thank you in advance for those who will lead us in 2013!  You ALL ROCK!

Linda, you were AWESOME as our leader for the past 4 years, and I too am happy and privileged to have joined in on the fun during that time. Thank you!

Cheers!

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/12 at 12:08pm
Hi again...

I finally had time to go through the rest of the photos from the party. Here's a link to view them:

Happy Holidays!! Big smile
IMG_8431b by bfromhold, on Flickr
 Post Reply Post Reply