Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > Motoring Files: Tales from the open road.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neighborhoods with Christmas/Holiday lights?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neighborhoods with Christmas/Holiday lights?
    Posted: December/20/12 at 5:03pm
This is a motoring story in the making...   

Where are all the neighborhoods with endless houses of light displays?

I know of Candy Cane Lane and Olympic Manor in Seattle. Pierce County has their Fantasy Light show at Spanaway Park (not free). But what else is there? What local gems are out there?

I'm looking to head out tomorrow night and take some photos. I'll post details of my route if others are interested.

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/12 at 6:59pm
Here's a single house that has a display here in West Seattle, but it's entirely worth it:

It's near the water tower in the Admiral district.

As long as you are over here, there's the Menashe house in the 5600 block of Beach Drive SW.  Also worth it.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/12 at 7:41pm
There is a whole neighborhood in federal way. On 1st, just south of Redondo Beach that is pretty impressive.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/12 at 8:33pm
What about Queen Anne Hill the Menashe Family and It looks like the Thomas's in kent are sitting this year out.

Edited by johnf36 - December/20/12 at 8:36pm
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/12 at 4:57pm
The sun came out at lunch so I put the top down, windows down, heated seat on, and went motoring at lunch. That may be enough for me today! Thanks for the great suggestions.
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/12 at 12:13am
Well I did this anyway and it turned out to be a lot of fun!

The weather stayed dry, the heated seat kept me warm, and the lights were pretty neat.

Here the route taken:
ipeverywhere's 2012 West/North Seattle Light Tour

It starts at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park in Renton so you can see the Clam Lights. Then heads up I-5 to the two West Seattle addresses provided by valvashon. Then north to the Olympic Manor neighborhood and ends over at Candy Cane Lane.

Highlights:
- The dancing Clams at Clam Lights
- Very well synchronized music and show at West Seattle Lights with lots of kids running around.
- The Menase house is a must see. Soooo much stuff to see.
- Olympic Manor has some neat displays.. don't miss Yoda
- Candy Cane Lane was well done, short, and a good way to end the night.

I was top down for everything but the run up I-5 into Seattle from Renton. The brisk air was great! Special thanks to valvashon and johnf36 for sending us towards the Menashe house.. so much neat stuff to see there.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/12 at 1:27am
Ryan

Here is the site for the Thomas family in Kent. http://www.christmasinkent.com/videos/videos.htm
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply