Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member, Vancouver Island

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member, Vancouver Island
    Posted: January/23/13 at 8:47pm
Hi All: I've had an 05 Cooper S for a few years. Stock with exception of coil-overs. I like it a lot. I've checked out the Puget Sound Mini site on several occasions (for ideas, repair/tech info, etc.). I've finally registered. 
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/13 at 9:40pm
Excellent! Welcome! Got pics?
Greeg View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/13 at 10:38pm
Yes.
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/13 at 10:47pm
Oh wow! Pretty mini!
Welcome!
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 7:03am
Nice car! We néed to have a cross-border run some time!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 7:21am

Welcome!  I love visiting Victoria!  Great-looking MINI, love the color combo of the blue and black.

Cheers!

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 9:59am
Welcome! Lovely car!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Greeg View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 3:10pm
Cross border visits are always good. If the present trend continues, north is the direction to go (the Canadian Dollar is now below par and is falling in strength).  Thank you for the welcome. 
cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 6:00pm
Hi Greeg,
Welcome to the club, what a great looling Mini!!!!!!
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
craigsmiller View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigsmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 7:15pm
Hi Greeg,

I just responded to your private mail regarding my sheepskin seatcovers.  I live close to Bellingham, and my sister lives in Vancouver.  I don't see her often enough, but I do get across the border pretty often.  Perhaps we can meet sometime when the weather improves.  I also have an '05 R53, Pepper White and Black, and I've pretty much de-chromed it with black door handles, side scuddles, gas cap, grille, beltline trim and headlight surrounds; I also have black wheels, similar to yours.  I like the look of the rear quarter panel rock shields and the body color wheel arches ... you've given me some ideas.  Mine also has performance and suspension upgrades, but not coil-overs (I opted for the Koni FSP shocks).

Welcome to the PS Mini website .......... Craig
Greeg View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 10:18pm
Thanks Craig, its good to know you come to the north occasionally. Do you have a photo posted of your murdered mini here? I'll PM you about the seat covers. 
Greeg View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/13 at 10:23pm
Craig: The rock shield covers are magnetic. A fellow Mini owner in San Fran gave them to me shortly after I got the car. I like the look. He swore they cut down on the rock chips. 

craigsmiller View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigsmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 4:53pm
I responded to your PM, Genie.

I'm going to try to post a picture of my car; never having tried this, wish me luck .....

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 5:18pm
Nice, Very Nice!  Thumbs Up
Greeg View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/13 at 8:56am
Wow, that's a nice salt. I REALLY like the looks of those lights as well. Dark, wet nights are a bit of a problem and those look like they would make a huge difference. The scuttles are justa's?
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/13 at 9:56am
Go all black wheels to finish off that salt the right way. Very nice
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
INAMINI View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INAMINI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/13 at 8:21am
I was born in Victoria (Royal Jubilee Hospital) and then my family moved back to Holland right after that.  We used to come to Victoria every Memorial Day weekend for Swiftsure, along with delivering the sailboat.  I have to say that Victoria is still pretty much one of my favorite cities.
Welcome!
2006 PW/B MCS with NL INAMINI Europlate
          _____
sssssss/__|_\_
ssssss(O)___(O)
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/13 at 8:56am
Welcome!
Sounds like a good excuse to motor up!  Hope to see you at an event.  If you come down this way, the Tulip Rallye (put on by the MG Club) will be coming in late April and usually travels the roads of Skagit County.  Heck of a good time.
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/13 at 2:18pm
Welcome! 

I'm glad you registered with us. Thanks you for sharing photos of your MCS. By the looks of your pics, your MINI looks very clean for a '05. I have an '06 and I think it's the same color as yours (Hyper Blue). I hope you're able to join us at an event soon.

Cheers,
Brenda

P.S. You might consider joining us for the Tulip Rallye since it's up near you. This year it's being held on April 20th. http://www.356groupnw.org/sites/default/files/2013%20Tulip%20Rallye%20Registration%20Form.pdf
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/13 at 2:25pm
Here's a pic of my MINI. As you can see, I think mine's the same color as yours. Wink
P1030561b by bfromhold, on Flickr
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Eviltangents View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eviltangents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/13 at 7:24pm
Welcome aboard fellow R53 pilot!
Greeg View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/13 at 2:43pm
Hapa Haole - what a great looking car. LOVE the color. Love the scenery. 
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/13 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Greeg Greeg wrote:

Hapa Haole - what a great looking car. LOVE the color. Love the scenery. 
Thank you! Here's a link if you want to be bored looking at more photos of Hapa. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply