Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE SEATTLE JOB - 2013!! - Event Date: March/24/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: THE SEATTLE JOB - 2013!!
    Posted: February/22/13 at 9:01am

PSMINI Presents

Details: To celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Italian Job (this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317740/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 not the original) we are organizing The Seattle Job! We looked high and low for someone to sponsor us with millions of dollars worth of gold so we could break into teams and heist the gold but ultimately we had to scale back our plans. Instead of heisting gold we will be awarding fame and fortune for heisting photographs of you and your MINI around some of Seattle’s famous landmarks! Besides, gold would slow your MINI down and no one wants that.

Here is the challenge: On March 24th you will bring your team of 3 MINIs (Minis), or yourself and your MINI (so we can match you up in a team of 3), to Seattle MINI and check in before 8:40AM (check-in opens at 8:00 am). A list of landmarks will be distributed to each team, who will choose which landmarks they want to visit. The object is to take photos of the landmarks showing all three MINIs/Minis somewhere in the picture. The photos will be sent to the judges via email and points will be awarded for creativity, effective use of the landmark in the photo, and most importantly effective use of staying MINI! You will have three hours to complete this task. Bonus points are available if you can show specified items in the pictures. Landmarks, bonus items, and additional rules/details will be disclosed at the drivers meeting. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams.

Our distinguished panel of judges includes:

Barry Brazier from MC2

Damon Lockwood from Seattle MINI

Ashley Poeppel, PSMINI Vice President (Shasti212)

Deanne Werner, SSMINI (ROLO)

Todd Sanders (Sanderskog)

When: March 24th with Check-In starting at 8 am, Drivers Meeting at 8:40 AM, and Event Start at 9 AM. All photos must be in by 12:00 PM Noon.

Where: The greater Seattle area

Cost: $10 donation per car for Make-a-Wish Foundation. Passengers (photographers?!) suggested $5 and will be collected at registration. (hint: passengers make great photographers for low and slow speed driveby pictures!)

Start: Seattle MINI 11550 Lake City Way NE, Seattle WA 98125
End: Seattle MINI 11550 Lake City Way NE, Seattle WA 98125

Some things to remember:
Your team will need a camera phone (and someone who knows how to operate it) with the ability to take pictures and e-mail or text them to the judges. Data and text charges are the team’s responsibility. Only phone cameras allowed!

It is highly encouraged someone has a GPS. Landmarks will include addresses.

It may be helpful to have a map of Seattle in case your GPS fails.

Bring radios, or some other form of communication, so you can discuss strategy and stay in contact with your team. If you are using radios it is advised to pick a unique channel (e.g. not 7/21) so you don’t mistakenly disclose strategy to the other teams.

A sense of adventure. However no law breaking!

A watch or some method of showing time, to make sure you do not go beyond the time limit.

A catchy team name.

Rally Masters: A special thanks goes to Mitch Hansen and Eric Werner for organizing this event.

Sponsors: A special thanks goes out to Seattle MINI, MC2, and Nail Gun Graphics for providing support for this event.

Please RSVP and use this thread if you are looking to form a team. 

PLEASE SEE THE BRAND NEW FLYER  Here!

RSVP List:

Confirmed Yes's (Solo):

• Kurt (CORNERS)
  • Eviltangents
  • Sixate
  • No 9
  • Erhan
  • Karin (TWIZZLR) + possible co pilot
  • Teena, Tom, and Buddy (K9 LUVR)
  • Samson + 2  One MINI only
  • SpyVsSpy + co pilot

Confirmed Yes's (Completed Teams):
  • Team Just-a-Cooper: Bruce, Stacie, and Mark & Andy
  • K9LUVR (Red), Genie B (Blue), and Cindy (White)
  • NAVIGTR (Red), Alison (Blue)+ NEED ONE PEPPER WHITE!

Edited by shasti212 - March/23/13 at 8:24pm
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/13 at 9:10am
FYI--As you may have noticed the proceeds from this event benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska and Washington.  Our goal is to hopefully raise enough to fund one child's wish.

Edited by hip check - March/12/13 at 2:21pm
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/13 at 9:33am
I thought this was a job advertisement at first. But still, sounds like a lot of fun! Unless i get a schedule conflict, count me in! What is the expected ending time?
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/13 at 10:03am
Kurt,

By the time we rally back together and award the prizes I could see it going to 11 or 11:30am

Mitch
Mitch & Teri
Eviltangents View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eviltangents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/13 at 10:59am
Oooooh I want in on this!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/13 at 12:30pm
I'm in!

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/13 at 2:39pm
Why do we always seem to do these things mid week or on Sundays?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

NAVIGTR View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAVIGTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/13 at 8:03pm
This sounds really cool. I'll put it on the calendar. Since it's the day before my birthday... it should be easy to remember!
NAVIGTR '13 Chili Red HT, Dave Chrisman can be spotted in Everett
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/13 at 3:26am
Morning all,

G/f is trying to get the day off to copilot this for me Clap
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/13 at 11:00am
West Seattle's "Team Justacooper" is in!  I'll be driving Napoleon II, Stacie will be driving MINIMNT and Mark and Andy (!) will be driving Cupcake.  I will try to make sure they wash Cupcake before the event and actually bring Cupcake and not the Kia or whatever it is.  I'm assuming that would result in our immediate disqualification.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/13 at 12:23pm
I'm in.
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/13 at 7:09pm
In case you are wondering what you are competing for!

Mitch & Teri
GR8SCOT View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SCOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/13 at 2:20pm
Count me in!!
Alison
2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/13 at 6:10pm
Hi Again All!

I've got an excellent update about this event that I need to share with you. First of all, we are moving the start time ahead by 1 hour.

New Start Time: Check-In at 8AM, drivers meeting at 8:40, first team out at 9AM.

We are always very hesitant to change plans once an event has been posted but let me explain why we did this. There has been big feedback about this event and the organizers are seeing a strong number of participants. That peeked the interest of Seattle MINI and they have agreed to provide food!

I'm very excited to announce that Seattle MINI is providing breakfast at check-in and lunch when everyone returns. Now, the caterers Seattle MINI uses don't start before 8AM. So, we had to make the hard decision of letting everyone sleep in an hour later and provide food at check-in or keep our original start time. We hope you agree with our decision to move the check in time to 8AM. Also, because of the additional number of participants we have extended the event to 3 hours. That's right, you get to sleep in, get something to eat, and get an extra hour to heist your photos.

One more announcement while I have your attention: the flyer is done! Yes, there is an official flyer you can use to spread the word about this event. Let's get those stray MINIs to a club event for the benefit of Make-A-Wish Foundation and so that we can explain why we have been frantically waving at them. Here is the link to the flyer.

In summary, please spread the word to your teams. We'll be starting at 8AM with breakfast generously provided by Seattle MINI.  Also, keep watching this space for other announcements as they develop. Until then, keep working on getting your teams together and feel free to print the flyer and hand it out. The more teams we have, the better the competition and, more importantly, the more we can do for Make-A-Wish Foundation.

SeattleJobFlyer2013.pdf

Edited by ipeverywhere - February/28/13 at 6:23pm
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/13 at 8:09pm
Will see if I can make it. Wouldn't you know, this is on my wife's birthday and she hates car stuff. 
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/13 at 3:47pm
Do we need a passenger for this? Probably another solo deal, not many gearhead friends...
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/13 at 5:53pm
You don't really need a passenger but you do want to try and form a team of 3 before arriving at the event. Remember, it's 3 MINIs plus the landmark to collect points. Someone in your team of 3 should have a passenger to navigate from landmark to landmark and the other two can follow behind.

We will be helping to form teams at the start of the event if you arrive by yourself.

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/13 at 12:55am
I am happy to report that we will have a number of MINI volunteers at the start of this event ready to form "impromptu" teams. So, if you've not had a chance to find two other MINIs but still want to participate come out anyway! We are here to help and will put you in a team the morning of the event. Please do still RSVP and let us know you'll be coming solo.
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/13 at 1:21pm

The Seattle Job—Frequently Asked Questions

1.       I don’t know others so how will I put a team of 3 together to participate?—You don’t need to put your own team together, but are encouraged to do so.  If you don’t have a team, at registration that morning we will match you up with two others to make a team.  You can also use the club forums to find teammates.

2.       I have a “stupid phone”, can I still compete?—You only need one “smart phone” per team that can take the photos and email them to the judges.  At registration, we will match people up to ensure there is at least one “smart phone” per team, and we will have you email us a photo to ensure you are all set.

3.       Will I lose points if my MINI is dirty?—No, but clean MINIs are encouraged.

4.       Do I have to be a Seattle native to do well?—No, we will give everyone a list of landmarks with addresses to help you find them and there will be plenty of time to travel to them.  With a GPS in your team you will be able to find your way around.  Easy peasy!

5.       Why so darn early on a Sunday morning?—It’s because the actual ten year anniversary of the release of The Italian Job occurs at 9am PST on March 24th.  Just kidding.  Actually, our goal is to do this when traffic is light and we can easily get great photos with the landmarks.

6.       How will the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska and Washington benefit?—The net proceeds from the event will all go to Make-A-Wish.  Due to very generous sponsors, the venue and food were all donated so we have only minor expenses for supplies, t-shirts, and badges.

7.       How will photos be judged?—As the saying goes, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, and we have 5 “beholders” who will each individually score the photos.  You get one point for submitting a photo that includes the landmark and 3 MINIs, and can earn up to another 9 points based on the quality of the photo.  All judges’ scores will be combined to determine the final scores.

8.       Will we get to see the event photos after the event?—Yes, all photos will be accumulated in a Flickr account and we will share the link after the event.

9.       What if it rains?—It’s called The Seattle Job for a reason and rain is a possibility.  Rain or shine, Make-A-Wish needs resources to grant wishes for children with life threatening illnesses so the event will go on. 

Mitch & Teri
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/13 at 4:59pm
Thanks for answering all those nagging little questions, Mitch!

Sounds like a great event and let's hope to get as many people as possible to support Make-A-Wish and turn out for our sponsors!
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/13 at 2:19pm
I am in but not sure if it is solo or with co pilot.

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
ginainbelltown View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginainbelltown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/13 at 12:35pm
This sounds like a lot of fun and as someone who lives in Seattle by a lot of landmarks I think I would do well.  Alas, I will still be in San Diego for my nephew's wedding.

See you all at the Tulip Rally.
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/13 at 7:46am
Actually.. being as you will be in San Diego maybe that evens the field

See you at the Tulip.
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/13 at 8:08am
Allow me take a brief trip down memory lane.

10 years ago when the Italian Job redux was released, NW MINI and MINI USA sponsored a pre-release event at a thearter near Southcenter.  Back in the day when MINI's were very rare, they managed to get hundreds to attend.  The parking lot was full and they had vendors and food for entertainment.  We all then went in for a free preview.

The result was an obvious increase in testosterone as the parking lot was absolutely crazy when everyone left after the event.  I never saw such action as and people and MINI's sped everywhere.

Great fun and I made it home without a ticket.

Rob
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/13 at 2:43pm

Great reminiscence, Rob!  I wasn't lucky enough to go to what sounds like a really fun event, but after coming out of The Italian Job movie 10 years ago, I knew someday I would have a MINI . . . that movie was my inspiration. That, and a couple of MINIs that were running around my neck of the woods at that time . . . as you say, they were pretty rare, and I was so delighted whenever I saw one. I still look back and smile at my MINI, and of course, I'm smiling behind the wheel.

WooHoo

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/13 at 3:26pm
Posted my test shot this afternoon on the Facebook page for the group.  Past two parked Minis....so I made it three and snapped for practice!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
K9 LUVR View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9 LUVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/13 at 4:27pm
We will be there, all three of us! Buddy is very good with props...
Teena, Tom, and Buddy
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/13 at 5:40pm
Awesome! With Seattle MINIs rsvps we are currently at about 8 teams of 3. Keep those rsvps coming.
Mitch & Teri
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/13 at 9:00am
Did you register my RSVP?

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/13 at 9:08am
Hi Karin,

Yes, I have you and K9 LUVR down as RSVPd too.

Thanks for checking.
Mitch & Teri
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>