Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE SEATTLE JOB - 2013!! - Event Date: March/24/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/13 at 1:56pm
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/13 at 2:20pm
Awesome pics Ryan!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/13 at 4:29pm
Nice pics, Ryan!  We have Feedback going on in 2 threads!

no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/13 at 7:46pm
Hey Team Just-A-Cooper, would it be possible to get a Seattle Job window decal like you 3 had on Sunday?
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/13 at 8:19pm

Thank you again to all that turned out for The Seattle Job!  At the end of the day we raised $1487 for Make-A-Wish Alaska and Washington.  As a Board member for Make-A-Wish Alaska & Washington each month I see the list of children with life threatening illnesses waiting to have their wishes granted, and it is truly the saddest list of names I’ve ever seen.  Thank you for helping me to make that list a little smaller!

We had 39 MINIs, 14 passengers, 3 dogs, and 4 judges turnout for the event.  Participants in groups of 3 MINIS, had 3 hours to submit photos of their team with Seattle landmarks including: Waiting for the Interurban, Giant Lenin Statue, Nordstroms (Fredrick & Nelsons), Husky Stadium, Safeco Field, Century Link Field, Key Arena, Hat and Boots (Oxbow Park), Jimmy Hendrix Statue, Seattle Monorail, Space Needle, Fremont Troll, Seattle Grace Hospital (Grey's Anatomy), Experience Music Project, Post Intelligencer Globe, Ivars, Dicks, Pike Place Market, Pergola, Gas Works Park, Hammering Man, Lakeview Cemetary (Bruce Lee's grave), Seattle Great Wheel, The Gum Wall, Ye Olde Curiousity Shoppe, and Smith Tower.   Teams also got bonus points for photos including: a MINI or Mini (not competing in event), Mt. Rainier, a policeman/police car/security guard, a seagull, an armored car, a helicopter, a TV repair truck, bigfoot, a live bulldog, a bicyclist, a ferry, or a celebrity

At the end of 3 hours the judges had a whopping 175 photos that had been submitted to score. Based on the 4 judges’ scoring, the team scores were as follows:

Team                                                     Team#                  Points

Ram Rod                                              12                           532

Ice Cream Sandwich                            8                           453

McRash                                               13                           436

Hat Trick                                             14                           435

Justa Cooper                                      10                           391

Team#1                                              1                              325

Ichibon                                               5                              316

Team Greg                                        4                              301

MINI Mavericks                                9                              298

Clueless in Seattle                           6                              275

Rebel Alliance                                  7                              268

March Madness MINI Style           2                              168

Rous's                                                3                              160

There were also awards given for individual photos.  These can be viewed at the event FLICKR page at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79809195@N00/sets/72157633060270235/with/8585829881/, but here is a summary of the awards given:

Mark Wahlberg Award (Best Coordinated)—Team #7 @ Bruce Lee’s Grave

Mos Def Award (Most Innovative)—Team #3 @ Bruce Lee’s Grave

Seth Green Award (Best Use of Technology)—Team #12 @ the Freemont Troll

Edward Norton Award (Most Bonus Points)—Team #10

Donald Sutherland Award (Most Distinguished)—Team #9 In Handcuffs

Charlize Theron Award (Prettiest Picture)—Team 5 @ Hat and Boots

Jason Statham Award (Most Landmarks Driven To)—Team 13

Thanks again to Richard and Damon and the folks at Seattle MINI for hosting this party; to our great sponsors MC2, Nailgun Graphics, and PSMINI; to our judges Ryan, Ashlee, Deanne, and Barry; to my cohort Eric for helping plan this event for over a year; and all that got up early on a Sunday morning to be tourists in downtown Seattle.  I am guessing you will not look at these landmarks the same way again.

Eviltangents View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eviltangents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/13 at 3:57pm
This made me SO sad...

Last minute work issue made me miss "The Job". Glad to see so many turned out for it though.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/13 at 5:54pm
Way to go, MINI people!   
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CyclinPapa View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyclinPapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/13 at 7:39pm
We'd like to order 2 badges if you get a minimum.
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/13 at 7:53pm
Who is still driving around with their team number? I saw someone from team #4 as we were both fighting traffic in Redmond. I waved frantically!
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/13 at 8:32pm
That's me. In case you didn't see, I returned the wave...
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/13 at 9:00pm
Awesome! I saw you turn your head and then I was behind traffic so assumed you saw me. Fun stuff.
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/13 at 3:25pm
For those that participated, Eric and I are doing a 2-4 page write up of the event for the next MC2 magazine.  We'd love some input from those that were out there tearing up the streets of Seattle.  If you have any comments or funny stories, we'd love to include them in the article. Please either post them here or PM them to me.

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/13 at 9:00am
Let me know if you are reordering badges, I just lost mine going thru the car wash! Ugghh!

hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/13 at 1:49pm
I liked the graphic so much I am getting t-shirts for me and my family. Here is what they will look like on the back with a small version of the logo one the front left. They would be $30 which for a small order would mean less than $1 going to Make-A-Wish, but if enough shirts are ordered the cost per shirt will go down and more will go to charity.
Sorry for the lag in getting these out there. The T-shirt company took issue with the MINI logo on the drawings and the artist's signature and had to be certain we weren't violating trademark laws. Please PM me with how many and what sizes you'd like. I will plan to submit the order on April 14th.  Thanks again!

Mitch & Teri
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/13 at 4:02pm
Will there be a Seattle Job 2014....etc?  

Do we need to start collecting them?
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/13 at 4:18pm
Seattle MINI has already expressed an interest in a sequel, and NW MINI is interested in a sister event--The Tacoma Job (Hmm....what are the Tacoma landmarks?). 
We took some great notes on what worked well and how we could improve it if we did it again, and if anyone has suggestions on how to improve the event please PM me.
Mitch & Teri
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/13 at 5:27pm
I can think of two Tacoma landmarks:  Griots and the LeMay Car Museum. Thumbs Up

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/13 at 7:04pm
Thanks for getting shirts done! Count me in for 1 large please.
SpyVsSpy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpyVsSpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/13 at 1:33pm

I would like a t-shirt, XL please.

And a badge also!!!!

Make it (2) badges. It will make a good frig magnet also

Hopefully we will get to 10

Edited by SpyVsSpy - April/08/13 at 9:57pm
'07 MCS SS | JCW Strut bar | JCW Shift Knob | ALTA 22mm sway bar | ALTA boost tube | ALTA FMIC | ALTA Catback exhaust | BSH Oil Catch Can | Konig Feather 17" | RMW Tune 211 HP/256 TQ
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/13 at 9:06pm
Any word on more badges? 

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/13 at 8:11am
Put us down for another badge as well- we owe one to Mark and Andy as a favor for being part of our team!

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/13 at 12:54pm
Badge update - I'd like to get to 10 confirmed orders. We are at 6. I'll give it one more week and then everyone will have to wait for next year, The Tacoma Job, Revenge of The Seattle Job, or who knows what we'll come up with next!
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/13 at 5:06pm
Come on motor-ers! 4 more peeps and we can get some badges ordered? Who else is in?? 

cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/13 at 6:49pm
Count me in for a badge.
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/13 at 7:27pm
Last call for t-shirts.  The order goes in Tuesday at noon.  Thanks to all that have responded in this thread and pm'd me.  I'll let you know when they come in.

Mitch
Mitch & Teri
SpyVsSpy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpyVsSpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/13 at 6:08pm
Any word on the badges and t-shirts? Are they going to be available at the Tulip Rallye?   
'07 MCS SS | JCW Strut bar | JCW Shift Knob | ALTA 22mm sway bar | ALTA boost tube | ALTA FMIC | ALTA Catback exhaust | BSH Oil Catch Can | Konig Feather 17" | RMW Tune 211 HP/256 TQ
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/13 at 7:17pm
T-shirt order went in earlier this week, they shipped today and I'll get them on the 25th.  We can connect after that to get it to you.
Mitch & Teri
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123