Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen2 rims on Gen1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnottyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen2 rims on Gen1
    Posted: November/28/10 at 11:00am
I'm looking for winter rims and have a possible deal on some 16" Bridgespokes from a Clubman.  They're 4x100 obviously, but I know they changed from 12 to 14 for the studs.

It should still fit on my R53 with my existing 12mm studs though yes?  I don't have a BBK.  TMPS doesn't enter into it as they're no on the rims to begin with and my gen1 uses ABS... 

Anything else I'd need to do to make these fit? 
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/10 at 8:16pm
I'm no expert but from what I understand, actually all of the rims have holes big enough to go on either car, so you shouldn't have any problem with the setup you are describing. 
KnottyMan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnottyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/10 at 9:07pm
That's what I figured, just wanted to run it by more knowledgeable people in case.  Never had the occasion to change my wheels from what came with.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 11:12am
second Kurt's statement, gen 2 fits gen 1, FYI if they don't take out the TPMS units that you don't need you may be able to pick up a few extra bucks. 
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply