Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > Motoring Files: Tales from the open road.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chuckanut Drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chuckanut Drive
    Posted: May/05/13 at 7:39pm
Got Big Red all washed up and decided to head out for a drive. Pointed her North and just sped away. Drove Chuckanut up and back. What a wonderful drive and a fabulous way to spend the day!!! WooHoo

Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/13 at 8:13pm
Looks like it! I had time to drive or wash but not both so drove. Was double checking the Spring Clean route so ended up at Griots in Tacoma. How was the traffic on Chuckanut?

JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/13 at 8:31pm
Traffic wasn't bad at all (the occasional bicycle rider in the way was my only complaint) and there was plenty of room for me to pull Big Red into the lookout parking lots and take up more than my fair share of parking Tongue After all, I needed to take her picture a few times! 

I was able to leave a "You've been spotted" card today too!! Probably more exciting for me than it should be...LOL

Being new here I'm unsure of what is going on and the in's and out's of everything...can you fill me in on the Spring Clean?
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/13 at 8:45pm
Sure thing! Trying to make this more intuitive as time goes on but this will get you started:

On the Home Page, just under the banner, on the right, is Upcoming Events. That will list out everything in the near future with direct links to the thread talking about the event.

Then, the calendar, we are trying to keep it as up to date as possible with everything being planned in 2013. That is here: http://www.psmini.org/PSMINIEventCalendar2013.pdf

And then, we are making some changes to the events area which, we hope, will make it easier to find and plan events. Those changes are happing next week and are/were here.

Hope that helps.
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/13 at 8:56pm
Thanks!! I'd love to get out on a drive with someone other than just me, although, I am pretty good company if I do say so myself LOL

I also added my grill badges this morning!! My grill doesn't have the vertical bars behind it so I had a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to get them on in a manner that would keep them in place. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/13 at 9:28pm
Wish I saw your post looking for a driving buddy earlier! I was also driving aimlessly around for the fun of it in a loaner Roadster
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/13 at 9:33pm
Bummer!!! Now that the weather is changing, for the better, I'll be out and about as much as possible. I generally only drive her in good weather; I bought my Mini September 7th of 2012 and it has less than 2K miles on it Ermm

I've been debating trading in my SUV for another Mini!!  A hardtop so that I can be behind the wheel of a Mini more often!!  
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/13 at 7:10am
Wow, well she is kept in great shape then! I would be the same way, which was my main reasoning for getting a hard top.

I have decided I want a Roadster for a fun second car though. Maybe the 2014?
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/13 at 5:19pm
BPC Dubs, a local VW crew, is doing a Chuckanut Cruise benefiting PAWS animal shelter soon. It's this weekend actually. Figured I'd throw it out here since we're on the subject.

Note the who, what, when, where, why part ... Who: ALL European Car Enthusiasts. Put on by Dubbers but no worries, although you guys can help me knock-out one acquaintence who likes to rag on my MINI Wink

Edited by no.9 - May/06/13 at 5:22pm
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
Claywiltre View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claywiltre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/13 at 8:16pm
what a beauty!
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/13 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by no.9 no.9 wrote:

BPC Dubs, a local VW crew, is doing a Chuckanut Cruise benefiting PAWS animal shelter soon. It's this weekend actually. 

Uuuuggghhh....figures, I'm at my house in Arizona for a week, I would love to have gone on this!! I am a volunteer for FBRN (French Bulldog Rescue Network) so anything that incorporates rescue/shelter animals and MINI's=HEAVEN!!  WooHoo

Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

cindyc View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/13 at 6:31pm
Julie, I'm with you on this one. Anything I can do for dogs. It's even better in a Mini. I have a boxer but love the French Bulldog. My mom has a English bulldog love that those breeds.      
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo
 Post Reply Post Reply