Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Warranty Issues and Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did you know?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you know?
    Posted: June/19/13 at 6:08pm
I just had an oil solenoid of some sort fail/leak and soak the wiring loom.  It never dripped all the way to the floor but when I was under my MINI I spotted some oil getting ready to drip from an armored electrical cable.  I knew it was not a place that should have oil so I inquired.

MINI NW replaced the wiring loom on the upper part of the engine, and maybe more, because it had been soaked with oil and I did not know it.  No leaks on the floor of the garage, etc.

This little armored cable up next to the pan gasket is what I noticed that was laden with oil.  I spotted oil residue on the pan around the drain plug but initially thought it was just a sloppy oil change; guess it wasn't!

I suspect the car might come to a stop if the wiring loom decided to short out or even worse possibly a fire!

Edited by SMOG - August/17/13 at 7:19am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply