Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Costco's got a deal on Bridgestone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Costco's got a deal on Bridgestone
    Posted: August/23/13 at 3:57pm
Verified today... Costco is $70 off any set of 4 Bridgestone tires on any Bridgestone tires. That's a pretty good deal if you run any of Bridgestone's Ultra/Extreme/etc. brands since they can get pretty expensive.

Now, do I replace my RE-11s in 205/45R17 with another set of RE-11s (which I love) or do I step up to the better rated RE-11A's which are 215/45R17? Decisions decisions... help...

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/13 at 12:54pm
I think this deal comes up every few months. Good deal if you need tires. Costco has very good mount/balance rates as well. 

Unless you are having trouble paying the bills, get the better tires!
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/13 at 2:26pm
Well, I was ready to pull the trigger on the 11A's... then found a deal on a GoPro Hero3.

So.. no new rubber but a new camera is nice too.

I should also mention the RE11As are on sale at TireRack and are cheaper then the 11's right now.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/13 at 2:41pm
I asked previously and it appears Costco is cool about installing tires not purchased from them, as long as they are new. They didn't used to do this apparently. 
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/13 at 3:06pm
I had Costco repair a flat once... on stock tires they had never touched before (it happened to the closest thing to where the flat happened). I think it's kind of up to the individual shop but Costco really does just take care of things by doing the right thing wherever possible. They are one of the good guys out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply