Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Touch Sunroof Mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Climberdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Touch Sunroof Mod
    Posted: November/04/13 at 1:44pm
Hey there guys and gals

Just letting everyone know that I installed the One Touch Sunroof module the other day and it is great. Just two quick flicks and the sunroof fully opens and two quick flicks to close; the sunroof still vents with one flick.  No more trying to open the sunroof and shift at the same time Clap

The hardest part of the install was getting through the sheath covering the wiring harnesses (had to use some really small and sharp scissors).  The on-line instructions were easy to follow and the install took about 1/2 an hour.

For anyone looking to install this module I highly recommend using posi-tap splicers; super simple and best of all - no soldering!  

Also, while the upper switch cover was off I noticed that the speaker for the bluetooth/phone was located on the passenger side of the cover.  I'm not sure as to why it was over there, but I moved it to the driver's side and haven't noticed any ill effects.    

Motor on!  

Edited by Climberdave - November/04/13 at 8:17pm
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/13 at 1:58pm
Awesome mod! Thanks

The speaker is on the right because MINI ships more right hand drive cars and can't be bothered to move the speaker when the cars are left hand drive. I moved mine shortly after taking delivery. It's worth it to a lot of people as it can really help with people understanding you.
Climberdave View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Climberdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/13 at 2:33pm
Ahh that makes sense.  Well I'm glad that I moved it.  SmileSmile

Post Reply Post Reply