Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leavenworth Drive 2014 - Event Date: June/14/14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Leavenworth Drive 2014
    Posted: May/12/14 at 9:54am

The Leavenworth Drive – an annual event that draws hundreds of the finest European automobiles and enthusiasts from all over the Northwest.

The team at Northwest European is proud to present you with the Leavenworth Drive 2014, an event combining our passion for European cars with our desire to give back to the community. We are excited to bring you one of the most scenic, enjoyable and memorable drives the region has to offer. This year marks the 14th annual Leavenworth Drive, so mark your calendar now to join in with your European car - all makes, models, and years of European cars are welcome!

We are proud to announce that our Charity Spotlight this year is focused on Children’s Hospital.

MINI Meeting Point:  Dairy Queen in Eastgate
3080 148th Ave Se,  Bellevue, WA 98007
Near the intersection of 148th Ave SE and SE Eastgate Way/150th Ave SE

MINI Meeting Time:  8:30 - Leave DQ just before 9:00

Event Date: Saturday, June 14, 2014
                         Even Meeting Point: Bellevue Community College – Bellevue, WA
                         Event Meeting Time: 9:00am to 10:30am
                         Driver's meeting: 10:30am
                         Leave for Leavenworth: 10:45am

Donation – There is a minimum donation of $10.00 USD per car. All proceeds will be donated to our Charity Spotlight organization.

Please come with a full tank of gas to the meeting location!

This event is not a speed or racing event, this is a casual cruise through some very scenic roads in Washington State. If you want to speed, please do it somewhere else.

This event is not hosted by PSMINI.  However, every year dozens of MINIs join the event.  Please feel free to self-organize or propose ideas for MINIs all arriving together.

Official FB event page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/218050211726753/

Below are a couple links to videos from previous years.  Note, the people who make these videos may have their own bias on what to show.  You will see "everything" European here, not just tuner cars, BMWs and VWs Wink
http://vimeo.com/45207161
http://vimeo.com/70013319

PSMINI Members Confirmed via this thread:
hiupther360
ladyinred
no.9
Escape Pod
BurnerS (maybe)
SodaJeff (maybe)

Edited by SodaJeff - June/10/14 at 7:27pm
Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 1:04pm
I would sure like to see a huge Mini turnout for this drive....
I am trying to make sure I attend!!

New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 1:34pm

Ya know, the past few years of this were hovering near the 1,000 car mark. MOST "vw" events are open to all euros, like posted above, there's a bias sometimes but... anywho, many, many Mini's need to come. It's always a blast!

Official site: http://www.leavenworthdrive.com/event-info.asp

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
hiupther360 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiupther360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/14 at 7:25pm
This is my first year going and I think it would be a blast to have a mini invasion. There's a good amount of hotels in Ellensburg for those who want to make a weekend out of it.
For those who plan on attending we should rally up somewhere and cruise together.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/14 at 7:47am
Hmmmm...might be my first race weekend this year so probably out, but will keep it on the calendar if the race thing doesn't work out.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/14 at 1:36pm

Hiupther, might as well meet at the official spot (Bellevue College) to donate and see the whole mass/mess of cars. It's an experience ...

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 3:59pm
Will be at the  Bellevue meeting spot in the am with the Coop along with my cousin in his new-to-him GS400. Staying the night in Leavenworth, let's party!!!

Edited by no.9 - June/13/14 at 10:46pm
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/14 at 8:41am
It's always a crowded mess trying to get onto the Bellevue College property.
They have volunteers directing where you get to park - so you can't cruise through the lots looking for friends.

If we want to arrive together, park together, look cool together and make a MINI invasion - then we should probably meet for coffee or donuts somewhere close and cruise in as a group -
Jeff & Shari
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/14 at 6:03pm

Yes, if you don't want to get separated do a group roll-in!

I always plan on being "late" to the BCC group to be a first-out ... hasn't really worked out yet ...

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiupther360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/14 at 6:11pm
I'm not too familiar with that area so name a place and time and i'll be there. I agree that meeting up prior to the college is a good idea.
Also, I'm down to party in Leavenworth... This should be epic!!   
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/14 at 6:25pm
If anyone plans on staying overnight I'd suggest getting something booked asap! I was shooting for the cabins at KOA but they are sold out and I had to go with something pricier ..
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiupther360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/14 at 5:40pm
There's also lodging in ellensburg; which is where we're staying.
It's only 20 miles from Leavenworth... If anyone is looking.
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/14 at 12:31pm
Two weeks! Tongue
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/14 at 2:21pm

I think Ellensburg is more like 55 miles from Leavenworth - did you perhaps mean Wenatchee? 

We've stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in Wenatchee before - nice spot if Leavenworth lodging is hard to come by. 

Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiupther360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/14 at 6:44pm
Oh geez... I better check my reservations.
Crap!
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiupther360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/14 at 6:52pm
Yes... We're staying at the Holiday Inn in Wenatchee!!
Can't wait! I'm excited!
LadyinRed View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/14 at 7:18am
This sounds fun! I'm IN.

The address for Bellevue Community College for anyone who needs it is - 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, per their FB link.   

Perhaps we could all meet nearby at 148th Ave Coffee Shop and drive in together. It gets great reviews for coffee and tea on Yelp. The address is 2649 Landerholm Cir SE, Bellevue, 98007. Although it could be busy with lots of others and has a small parking lot. Haven't been there, just looking at it on Google Maps.

There is also a Dairy Queen nearby with a big parking lot at 3080 148th Ave SE, Bellevue, 98007

Also, can someone edit the original post to show who has confirmed and give the place to meet?

Thanks!

Life Is Good In A Mini

'06 Chili Red S
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/14 at 7:20pm
Hey Everyone -
Sorry I've been off this thread.  My gal Shari went in for back surgery Monday and it's thrown my hobbies off.

A couple quick things:
1. I'll update the original post.
2. You won't be able to go to the 148th Coffee Shop, or even get near it.  It's too close and with 1000 cars showing up - it's a plan that won't work. 
3. Meeting at the DQ makes WAY more sense.  I'll post that address and finalize the time.

Should my Saturday get miraculously free, I'll be there to lead.  Otherwise - Have a great time.
Jeff & Shari
LadyinRed View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 4:54am
Sorry folks,.. I'm going to bail on this... Too much pressure at work with a looming deadline next week and I'm not fired up about the drive in this rain this weekend. Ya'all have fun.
Life Is Good In A Mini

'06 Chili Red S
J Dubya View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Dubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 10:30am
My girls and I were looking for something to do for Father's Day.  I'm thinking this could be fun way to spend a few hours.

I'm in Monroe so I wouldn't want to drive down to Bellevue to meet up.  If one of you [hiupther360, ladyinred, no.9, Escape Pod, BurnerS (maybe), SodaJeff (maybe)] would be willing to text me when you are nearing Monroe, I could be waiting near the Highway Auto Parts, the last business on Hwy 2 as you leave Monroe towards Sultan, and I could hop in line with you.

Whaddya say?
-------------------------------

Jim Woodard (J Dubya)
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 11:45am

The cruise route is Hwy. 2 right thru Monroe. You will see the group flow thru, jump in when you see Mini's?

edit* didn't read that thoroughly ... yes, someone text this man when ya'll get into Monroe. My friend Adri is pregnant, she doesn't want to do the BCC meet up either. I WILL be there but we are leaving from my house in Lynnwood. Sooooo, yeah ... hopefully you guys make it work. See you on the pass (1/2 way pitstop, H&R springs will be there with goodie bags) or in town!

Edited by no.9 - June/13/14 at 11:47am
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 1:38pm
Oops - can you take me off the attendee list?  I was just putting in a helping word regarding hotel accommodations (Wenatchee vs Ellensburg).  We're fully occupied with planning and paperwork completion for the Twists & Turns rally in two weeks!!
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
G2G View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G2G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 7:47pm
If not to late I'll like to link up as well at the DQ.
Winks View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 8:24pm
See ya'll at the DQ by Chaplins.
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/14 at 10:45pm

I hope you guys catch up to my friends and I. We plan to cruise nice and slow since we figure we'll be on 522 before the main group. I'll be in the white/black roof Mini along with a slammed silver GS400 and a tuned dark blue MKVI GTI  Clap

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/14 at 7:00am
Anyone who wants to find us, or join part way -
Feel free to Text Me / Call Me

425-444-5375

Currently planning to lead any MINI's who want to follow through a more scenic drive across the Eastside (bypassing the lights in Monroe if all are up for it)

Jeff & Shari
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/14 at 10:04am
Damn! If you couldn't tell, I was stoked for my cousin and his GS to come. He didn't even make it one whole day before wussing out, saying his new suspension is too low LOL he'll be in his ladies orange Sonic. boooooooo
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/14 at 6:47pm

Only saw a small handful of MINIs but none sporting a PSMINI decal. Did you guys go??

<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiupther360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/14 at 7:56pm
We were there.
AAA325iS View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAA325iS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/14 at 10:21pm

Cool
1987 BMW E30 325is
2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
 Post Reply Post Reply