Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1965 Falcon Sprint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 Falcon Sprint
    Posted: November/30/14 at 9:45pm
16+ years ago my Dad sold a 1965 Falcon Sprint, which had been a family project for 15 years.  10 years ago I started looking diligently for the car (among others that my Dad owned).  About 2 weeks before listing our house to sell in Puyallup this year I found the car, in Reno, NV!  Bad timing as I was already living in Wenatchee and commuting back on weekends.

After contacting the seller we stayed in touch and the beginning of November I had the chance to fly to Reno and see the car.  As with the majority of used cars it wasn't as nice as the seller believed but still was a respectable vehicle, with several improvements since my Dad owned it.

I made an offer and after a brief (less than 5 minute negotiation) sealed a deal to bring "Dad's Toy 2" back to the family.  My Dad, brother and I made a 3-day road trip last weekend to bring the Falcon home.  Nothing better than walking into the garage and seeing the Falcon sitting there.  Dad was speechless when he saw it after all these years, and only a little scared when I took him for a ride.

Only bad thing is that the Mini got relegated to the outdoors and in East Wenatchee that means cold and snow this time of year!

Having trouble posting pictures - will as soon as I can.
2009 JCW, Chili Red/Black
1996 Ford Bronco, Eddie Bauer
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1966 Ford F-100 4x4
1965 Ford Falcon Sprint - Dad's Toy 2
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/14 at 11:29pm
This is an excellent story. Can't wait to see pics.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/14 at 11:33pm
Great story - Would love to see a picture of your dad when he first saw the car.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Ferari View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/14 at 8:08am
Picture of Dad when we picked up the car last weekend.  I think he was still in shock!

Background on Dad's Toy - when I was in HS Dad had a '61 Galaxie Starliner that he was fixing up.  One year it was (finally) getting painted.  For Father's Day I told Dad that I was having a little something added to the trunklid, which was Dad's Toy.  He liked it so much that when the Falcon was painted he had them add Dad's Toy 2.

2009 JCW, Chili Red/Black
1996 Ford Bronco, Eddie Bauer
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1966 Ford F-100 4x4
1965 Ford Falcon Sprint - Dad's Toy 2
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/14 at 10:15am
What a Great story, and what a Lucky Dad!   Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply