Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driver Down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver Down
    Posted: April/29/15 at 7:20am
Shelly twisted her foot a couple weeks ago and now finds out it is broken. It is a Lisfranc injury. She is going in to surgery on Monday and will have to be non load bearing for at least 6 weeks. Luckily it is her left foot so she can still drive, unluckily we don't have any automatic transmission MINIs. All 3 are manuals and so is the CRV that our eldest drives. 

So it looks like we may be renting while she recovers. Does anyone know of anyplace that rents MINIs? We can get an OK deal from Hertz with AAA, but will probably end up with a Kia. Kurt, you rented once last year for Stonehenge, where did you get that one?

Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/15 at 8:14am
Sorry to hear about her foot injury. Give her our best!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/15 at 8:49am
Avis has Minis, but I don't know if they have any in this area.  We rented one from them in San Diego.

Good luck with the surgery and recovery. (Elizabeth is facing foot surgery too and not too excited about it).

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
RedBarnes View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedBarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/15 at 11:31am
I'll trade you my automatic MCS hardtop for the couple weeks while she recovers Wink
2011 MCS
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/15 at 5:28pm
http://aerorentacar.com/MiniCoopers.htm
Lucille14 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucille14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/15 at 10:28pm
So sorry to hear about the injury, no fun. I had a lisfranc fracture of my right foot about ten years ago. I wasn't allowed to drive for six weeks and believe me I didn't feel like it. Due to the possibility of "throwing clots" after the surgery, it is very important that she keep her foot elevated above her heart as much as possible after surgery. When I was cleared to drive, I was still in a hard boot. I drove an old automatic mini-van with my left foot. There is no way I would have been able to safely drive an automatic cooper. Maybe Uber services are in order. If your wife wants to talk about lisfranc surgery and rehab, have her contact me. 

Money can't buy happiness, but happiness can't buy chocolate ice cream.
 Post Reply Post Reply