Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > How To Do It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo Feed Line Oil Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyBruscas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbo Feed Line Oil Leak
    Posted: May/03/15 at 11:09pm
Hey all,

I have had a oil leak in my 09 Mini Cooper S for a little while now. I have had a mechanic look at it and know exactly where the leak is coming from. My feed line to my turbo shifts back and forth causing it to leak. I have all the parts needed to fix it, just can't find a shop or some one to do it at a reasonable price. I took it into a shop in Marysville on Friday as they said they would do it for $150 because I already had all the parts. But come to find out it was going to be more complicated than they thought, and said it was going to be over 8 hours worth of labor bringing the price to over $800 (some thing that I cannot afford at this moment). So I picked up my car Saturday morning and my oil leak seems to have gotten worse.. as I cannot drive it at all now. 

I was wondering if any one had any suggestions of places to take it that will not cost me an arm and a leg to have it fixed, or if any one has experience with replacing this part? Thank you guys so much and look forward to hearing what you guys have to suggest! 

Emily 
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/15 at 8:42am
Emily,
Welcome to the club! 

Sorry about the oil leak problem - There are several repair shops that are club sponsors and some offer a discount to paid PSMINI Members.  There is a shop in Everett that does MINI work - I have used them a couple of times.  Not a club sponsor but they do seem to have reasonable rates:

Z Sport Euro
3829 Broadway
425-512-8019

There is also a shop on Airport Road near 112th that advertises MINI service but I don't know anything about them.

Good Luck!

Post some pictures of your MINI on the Let me Introduce Myself thread when you get a chance!

Edited by CINIMIN - May/04/15 at 9:00am
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/15 at 5:44pm
Welcome!

It sounds like the Marysville shop doesn't have much experience. Not a good sign.

Some other shops in the area with good MINI experience and good reputations are Broad Stroke Associates, South Lake European and ZahnTech. I'm sure others can chime in.

If you want to go off the grid (not work with established shops), let me know. I am a MINIAC and amateur mechanic, and have worked on MINIs out of my home garage on weekends for several years now. I've serviced dozens of MINIs in the Seattle area. Send me a private message if interested.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/15 at 11:04pm
Emily -

Kurt (Corners) is truly a MINI WIZZARD - he has done some amazing things with MINIS - Fully qualified to do anything MINI related and a fairly nice guy as well....
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Post Reply Post Reply