Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > How To Do It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tire Pressure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinr1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire Pressure
    Posted: September/15/15 at 10:08pm
I just bought a 06 Mini S on Sunday. I have checked the tires each day due to the tire sensor being illuminated at all times. The tires aren't losing any air at all. I've watched multiple videos, but all the ones I found were for newer Mini's. Can anyone help me with how to reset the sensor? Or do I need to take it somewhere? Thanks!
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/15 at 7:33am
There is a reset button between the front seats by the emergency brake. Depress that and hold it until the light goes out. I can't recall the exact procedure, but the car has to be on.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/15 at 7:38am
Turn the ignition on, press the button and hold until the light changes.  Start and Drive off and the light will reset when it has a new tire measurement.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
justinr1029 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinr1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/15 at 8:33am
Thanks!
racingbmwm3 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingbmwm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/15 at 8:53am
FYI, your car doesn't have any tire pressure sensors.  The computer monitors the speed of each tire, and resetting that button is recalibrating the computer for your current set of tires.  you'll need to do this anytime you change tires, or alter the tire pressures by more than a few psi.
'05 Cooper, BRG, Aerokit, Sport Package, 135k
'89 325iX, Diamondblack, 270k
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/15 at 9:12am
And every time the temperature changes substantially.  If measures the difference in rotational speed to determine if a tire is going flat.  If they all go down or up with temperature (deflate gate?), no alert will show.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
justinr1029 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinr1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/15 at 9:52am
That's all good to know, thanks guys!
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/15 at 6:42pm
Or, if you load up the back with heavy stuff you will get a TP warning...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

RickB View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/15 at 12:36pm

A couple of times, my car has been prescient, "predicting" that a tire would go flat.  The light would come on, I'd check the pressures and find all four tires within one pound of each other, and reset.  The next day, I'd have a flat. 

I distinctly remember it happening on my wedding day, and at least one other time.  Smart, that MINI.

'02 Cooper S, Alta pulley, Alta CAI, M7 brace, Madness brace, One-ball, D1 Spec Throttle Controller, ExtremeContact DW, Koni FSD, Boot Box, Glove Box Organizer . . .

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
 Post Reply Post Reply