Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rain Sensing Wiper Reset--ECU Issues?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicheleG74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rain Sensing Wiper Reset--ECU Issues?
    Posted: October/14/15 at 3:34pm
Hi All,

I've Googled my heart out on this problem.  Maybe someone has some thoughts before I take the car back to Seattle MINI.

In August, Seattle MINI replaced the steering angle sensor on my 07 R56 (has the JCW Tuning Kit installed).  When the car came back, everything (all presets) had reverted back to stock/default:  radio (obviously), lights, and turn signals.  All of those were easy fixes with the radio unit itself and the settings in the ECU via the steering column stalk.  

However, my rain-sensing wipers no longer work the way they are supposed to. I have two speeds now: slow or fast.  It may sound ridiculous, but this is driving me crazy.  The option to change this IS NOT an option on my configuration options like lights, turn signals, etc. via the steering column stalk.  I am positive that I have this feature on the car, but I'm wondering if it has to be reset by the dealer directly in the ECU (with their fancy tools).  Note:  nothing happened to my windshield that might affect the rain-sensor. It changed after the car came back from the mechanic.

If that's the case, I'm also wondering if I should worry that other options, such as JCW tuning parameters, were also reset and maybe I just haven't really noticed them?

Any ideas on this?

Thank you!
Michele
Michele & Kevin
"Enzo": 2007 R56 S ~ Dark Silver Metallic ~ JCW Exhaust / Strut Brace / Tuning / Carbon Fiber Upgrades
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/15 at 4:20pm
They probably upgraded the car software. Since they did the work, I would go back and consult with them. Don't let them charge you a diagnostic fee. It worked before, it is not unreasonable to think that it should work now. At the very least someone should be able to show you how to configure it.
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/15 at 7:29am

I work in IT and represent the line.  When was the last time someone upgrade you system and completely ignored your personal setting. They owe a reprogram.

Rob

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
MicheleG74 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicheleG74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/15 at 4:48pm
Thanks for the input on this. I agree.   Scheduled with MINI (finally) and we'll see what they say.  
Michele & Kevin
"Enzo": 2007 R56 S ~ Dark Silver Metallic ~ JCW Exhaust / Strut Brace / Tuning / Carbon Fiber Upgrades
 Post Reply Post Reply