Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BodyShop Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BodyShop Recommendations
    Posted: October/31/15 at 6:03pm
Where is MINI recommending body work to be done?

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/15 at 8:24am
Haury's is the recommended choice by Seattle MINI. They are really well regarded but can be a bit slow and pricey. Owner Jeff Butler is also an expert in Insurance Law and dealing with insurance companies.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/15 at 8:38am
Thanks Martin for the input.  I know they are a Verifax certified business too so they must have high standards.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/15 at 9:13am
What option do people recommend for when paying out of your own wallet and not insurance? (knowing that body work is expensive just because the supplies can be)
Saphire View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/15 at 9:10pm
Our Subaru has visited Cook's Auto Body three times, a third generation family owned panel beating shop.   Always looked good, with perfect silver paint matching.   Les.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/15 at 6:59pm
Well I have found that the place that I took SMOG to, Rainier Collision in Gig Harbor did faulty work and then back billed the insurance company for more money!

The repair looked just ok and not great but I let it go, but then I got a call from an ex worker from that company (whistle blower) explaining what they really did.  I will not go into the details but the guy was right and the car is now being checked/re-repaired at Fix Auto (ex-Metro Collision Repair) in Tacoma, a block from Griot's.  VeriFacts went over the car and found that it was not repaired to BMW/MINI specs.

Fix Auto is doing it right and my insurance company, USAA, is making sure it is done to BMW Spec.

This saga started on Sept 11 and Lee still is not in her car driving!!

Go with Fix Auto in Tacoma
 Post Reply Post Reply