Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Out of Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Tulip Rallye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Tulip Rallye
    Posted: January/21/17 at 7:11pm
Stacie and I are registered for the 2017 Tulip Rallye!  If my calculations are correct we are the 5th car registered.  The form is out there if you know where to look! 

Bruce

(hint- it's right near where I found it last year, but not exactly in the same spot!)

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
Spider Driver View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/17 at 5:56am

Glad to see your forum is working again-I had a bit of trouble logging in for a few weeks!

Here is the new website for the Tulip Rallye:  www.tuliprallye.org

New for 2017 is:

1.  The ability to register online using Paypal, the PDF registration form is there for download...

2.  There is a list of registered participants, thus you will know if we have received your registration...

3.  I have revised the route book coversheet so that is easy to identify your club membership.  Fewer errors on our part...

4.  We will be using a much simpler parking and starting procedure, after two years of problems due to some of my crew not understanding the process. 

I would like to discuss a special parking arrangement for PSMINIs so that you can park and leave as a group.  Will someone in an official capacity please contact me about this?

Last but certainly not least:  thank you for your support of the event.  You are the club with the most participants!

Bert Cripe

360-731-8758

Tulip Rallye Co-chair

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/17 at 4:18pm
Hi Bert,

Sorry we have been having technical issues! We are up and running and I was planning to reach out to you to discuss parking!

I will be in touch
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/17 at 5:24pm
Thank you for having this info here!

Cheers!
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/17 at 9:26pm
Feedback and pictures thread!  You won't see these on those "social media" sites (site).  First of all, Stacie and I had a good time even though we didn't win this year (we did pretty well, and are very comfortable with the answers we put down).  Now, on to some pictures:

No plates mean this is a new MINI owner- welcome!  Hope your family and your Clubman joins us for more events.

Did you spot who is in the center of the top photo?  Gina!  She's back from Texas and staying with her sister until she finds work.  She still loves the checkers as you can see!

More MINIs!

If I had this cool car I'd paint it deep red and put Inspector Morse's plates on it.

This was one of a handful Deloreans.  There's usually more.

This is the new FIAT 124.  Thoughts?

I love MG's.  Not enough to own one.

Even more MINIs!

I love a super cute R50 in yellow.

Your mic still isn't loud enough.  Maybe that's why we missed the bonus point.  We should have known better.

With a perfect score Ben and Deanna were our big winners for this Tulip Rallye!  Congratulations on taking home the hardware!

Bruce

Edited by valvashon - April/22/17 at 9:32pm
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
MINIHammer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/17 at 12:48am
That's me! This was our 4th Tulip Rallye! Had an R53 and just picked this one up!

Originally posted by valvashon valvashon wrote:

No plates mean this is a new MINI owner- welcome!  Hope your family and your Clubman joins us for more events.

Tulip Rallye View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip Rallye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/17 at 6:49am

I want to thank the PSMINI folks for your continued support of the Tulip Rallye!

And a 'thank you' to Ashley for her coordination to get all the MINIs together in one spot.

Also wanted to let everyone know we raised $628.00 for the food bank!

And it seems we were able to get all of the cars (~150) out on the course in just over 20 minutes!

This was my third year as co-chair and I continue to learn/get ideas of how to improve not only the event but the 'back-office' tasks that no one told me about when I took this on!

I welcome constructive comments that will help to improve the event for all of us.

Thanks!

Bert Cripe
360-731-8758
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/17 at 2:47pm
Tulip Rallye 2017 answers:
(we had route B)

1- Carino's Italian
2- Target
3- Clothes Shoes
4- Popeye's
5- Mattress Firm
6- Jack in the Box
7- E Victoria Ave
8- Museum
9- On Pavement
10- Butter Hill Equestrian Center
11- Belfast
12- The Skagit
13- Driftwood Sculptures (we got this one wrong; this is the correct answer)
14- Bow Hill Blueberries
15- Black
16- Old Skagit Gun Club
17- Nordic Tugs
18- Hexcel
19- 2-45 Acres
20- Skagit Soils, Inc.
21- No Name Slough
22- No Name Creek
23- 13558
24- 13374
25- Young Road
26- Polo Club
27- Kress Chiropractic Clinic
28- Visitor Info
29- Slider Cafe
30- ANRP
31-Mermaid
32- Hedlin's Family Farm
33- 1885
34- Morris Street Station
35- Swanson Farm
36- a garden
37- Mike & Jean
38- Bricks
39- Electrical Pole
40- 15688
41- Christmas Trees
42- Brandywine Nursery
43- Motor Home
44- ABC Kidcare
45- Automotive Repair
46- Black
47- Topping them with horse heads
48- Ravnik & Associates
49- Karmart
50- Goody's Rack Shop
51- Dike District 12
52- Party City
53- $411
54- Tuesdays
55- Surplus
56- What's Up Ceramics
57- William Bounds
58- Tree
59- Boat Ramp
60- Alpine Fire
61- The Language Exchange
62- Triumph Tattoo
63- Cutie Patooties
64- Marty's Paints
65- 7-11
66- Oil Well Fast Lube
67- Lovers
68- Anacortes Street

Bonus point: Put an X through page 9; this was on the General Instructions sheet

See you all next year!

Bruce and Stacie

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/17 at 10:31am
Hey, Bruce!
THANKS for the pictures!  I had signed up early but another commitment kept me away, so it's fun to see the cars!  I agree with your Inspector Morse Jag idea!  :-)

Cheers!

Post Reply Post Reply