FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWindshield problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windshield problem
    Posted: February/22/05 at 1:24am

Ok, less then 6 months ago, I had my windshield replaced due to a not so mini crack.......(punn intended ) anyway, the next day the seal that meets from teh top of the windsield to the roof came undone and got glue everwhere on my roof, this amazed me since I gave more then ample time for the glue to cure.  It just so happens that I needed to go in for service the next day, and since it was OEM glass, the Service Dept. fixed it no problem also again leaving plenty of time to cure, well just yesterday I noticed the seal was off of the window and pulling away, and I have been wondering if anyone else has had this problem or know anyone that has.  Should I take this up with my glass guy or NW MINI, I was told NW MINI would fix it because it was OEM glass and since they had fixed it before......any help would be greatly apreciated.......thanks Guys and Gals!!!!!

-Jared-

MotorinFool View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/05 at 3:15am

Ok, Im taking it in on Thursday afternoon.......I did some research and I guess on 02/early 03 some of the cars have a problem with the seal coming off............so hopefully this will be the last time it has to get fixed.......but i dont know......Still the best car ever, and one Heluva chick magnet!!!!!!

-Jared-

Miniack View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/05 at 7:51am

I've had the unfourtunate luck of replacing 2 windshields on my 02.  In both cases, I had no problems.  They did put some tape on the top the last time.  They said to take when I get home.

MINIACK

alex View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/05 at 8:33am
I had my windshield replaced last month in my May '02 mini and no problems. It was done by the glass company NWmini recomends in Tacoma.  alex
SNARL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/05 at 1:20pm

I spent a fair amount of time on MINI2 while I was in Germany waiting for my first MINI and I was glad I have an '04.  We have two '04's and although there have been bugs (my wife's is a Friday build for sure) we have not seen the major problems.  You know, it always takes that first couple of years to work out the bugs.  Good thing for the solid warranty.  Milk it for all it's worth.

Scream if you want to go faster!

2004 MCS JCW
MotorinFool View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/05 at 5:39am

yeah, im a poster child for milking out my waranty.....

THE LIST
Replaced entire transmission, New steering wheel (leather was tearing apart), rear tailight shorted out, some seat bracket thing....twice, My seat belt clip thingy, The visor for my rear sunroof, and now im replacing the seal trim piece on the windshield for the second time

Oh well, still a great car!!!!!

Edited by MotorinFool
miniwayne View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/05 at 2:54pm

Jared,

If I had that many problems I would think twice before buying another one. And only two of them are major issues.

Driving in Europe is more fun!
SNARL View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/05 at 3:08pm

Our biggest problem right now is the propensity for La Fiesta Mini to run into flying objects.  We just found out today a chunk went clean through so as soon as we can salvage the deductible, she needs a new windscreen. 

Scream if you want to go faster!

2004 MCS JCW
RevKibosh View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/05 at 3:27am
Originally posted by SNARL SNARL wrote:

Our biggest problem right now is the propensity for La Fiesta Mini to run into flying objects.  We just found out today a chunk went clean through so as soon as we can salvage the deductible, she needs a new windscreen. 

ouch! hope everyone is okay (besides the MINI since it is obviously not okay).  flying objects can be pretty dangerous.
2004 BRG MCS - Gone

--Grant and Kylee
 Post Reply Post Reply