Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Warranty Issues and Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3 Errors at Once!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 Errors at Once!
    Posted: June/08/08 at 7:11am

I've had my '07 R56 since last October without a hint of a problem.  Well, that all ended last night when I started the car and got 3 error codes in a row; a Yellow Transmission light, yellow Engine Lamp 1, and Yellow Brake light...  I let the car sit over night, and today, I only get the engine light.

Unfortunately, neither NW Mini Service, or MINI Customer care are open today.  I'm going to call NW MINI 1st think in the morning to get in for service.  According the the manual, none of these errors make the car undriveable.  But, all say call your dealer immediately...

Anyone else ever start the car and get multiple errors at once?

-Scott
Scott and Karen
2007 MCS "Rudy" - CR/W, Checkered Mirror Covers, Auto, Punch Carbon Black/Rooster Red/Piano Black/Chrome Line Interior, Convenience Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, and more...
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/08 at 8:32am
Sorry you're having trouble!
This doesn't help with whatever the original issue was, but if the '07s are like the older models, the yellow engine light will continue to come on for 3 cycles.  The 4th time you start the car it should go away if there's no new issue.  We're not far from you, in Woodinville, and we've got an ODBC reader if you'd like to check it for the error codes. 
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
scoop View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/08 at 8:57am

By the topic, I thought this was a post about the Mariners.

Tongue
tm4fn View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/08 at 11:40am
Oh Man!  Don't even get started on the Mariners...  What an incredible disappointment...

-Scott
Scott and Karen
2007 MCS "Rudy" - CR/W, Checkered Mirror Covers, Auto, Punch Carbon Black/Rooster Red/Piano Black/Chrome Line Interior, Convenience Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, and more...
tm4fn View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/08 at 11:42am
Interesting, the engine light has stopped, and it was after 3 starts...  The other two lights have also stopped, although they stopped after 2 starts.  Drove the car tonight and everything seemed normal.  Since I'm under warranty, I'm still going to take it in and have NW MINI have a look.

About the code reader - Does it translate the codes into meaningful messages?  The descriptions of the icons in the manual are so general, the only thing you can really tell is whether or not the car is driveable...

-Scott
Scott and Karen
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/08 at 10:24pm

Scott,

Sorry, I thought I posted this reply last night, but it apparently dropped into the void.
I believe with the reader, you get a code, and a very brief message, like "random misfire" or something.  It gives you a little more info about what's going on, but not necessarily a whole lot.  Of course you'll want to take it down to Fife for a look, but sometimes it's nice to have a little more info before you go.
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
tm4fn View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/08 at 11:52pm
Thanks for the offer Beth.  If it happens again, I'll take you up on it.  :-)

-Scott
Scott and Karen
THRLRYD View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/08 at 7:17am
I also have an '07 and would get random intermittent engine lights.  I took it to Fife the first time, they said everything is fine and it would have gone out eventually on it's own.  Happens a few more times a couple of months later.  Since everytime they would only last a few engine starts Fife said not to worry.  Finally (maybe after the 5th one?) I called once again and they said bring it down for a software upgrade.  Haven't had any lights since.  I heard the software upgrades apply to early '07s.  Good luck - let us know what they say. 
Angie & Brandon

'07 BRG/B MCS

tm4fn View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/08 at 7:25am

My car was built in March'07.  Do you happen to know what software version you have now?

-Scott
Scott and Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply