FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedComputers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computers
    Posted: May/18/05 at 12:55pm

My current job is throwing away some old compuiters. I was wondering if anyone knew where these could be donated. I have brought one home, but have not connected it yet so I do not know their capabilities. I do know they are extremely old, and would not expect a processor speed of more than 700Mhz and 128 MB RAM. They are supposed to have Windows 98 loaded according to my boss, so they might be good for some people that have either never used a computer or can't afford one. I am giving one to my in-laws once I fine tune it.

Anyway, I need to know if I should take them off their hands, and do some good with them, or if I do will I end up paying to get rid of them.

Driving in Europe is more fun!
miniwayne View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/05 at 1:52pm
I booted up the one I brought home and it has Windows 95, 16 MB RAM and 2GB HD, I believe it is a 850 Mhz processor. It has a 5 1/4" disk drive, which of course has to go. Good side it has a CD ROM and a 3 1/2" floppy. It also has no jacks for speakers or microphone, but the tower is big enough that I think a different motherboard could be installed to upgrade it dramatically.
Driving in Europe is more fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply