Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Let Me Introduce Myself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew to MINI and new to PSMINI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to MINI and new to PSMINI
    Posted: July/24/08 at 5:08am
Hi, Just introducing myself as an expectant Mini NFR Clubman parent.  I put my deposit down at NW Mini at the end of June but guess I won't be able to even place the order for a month or so as they are so inundated right now.  Hard to be this patient!

If anyone has ordering suggestions or any other suggestions, please feel free to share.  Since it's the '09 that I will be getting, I will be ordering the roof rails to carry my and my husband's bikes (I'll be driving the MINI though Wink).  I am looking at the comfort package, cold weather package, sunroof, and anthracite headliner.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to being a part of PSMINI.
Rachel

'09 DS Clubman S/LSD/Convenience/Cold Weather/Premium/"No holes" license plate & stubby antenna

Deposit down June 29 / Pickup Nov 14

Happily Motoring Since
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 5:30am
Hello Coopdy,

Congrats on your future Clubby. The wait is a killer, but you can pass your time on the MINI Configurator and here on the forums getting to know the MINI lifestyle. Make sure you swing by our All MINI Car Show on August 16th!!! You'll get your fill of MINIs there!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 6:25am
Thanks, yeah I keep playing with the configurator and I'm still trying to figure out all the differences (mostly on the package pricing and contents) from the 08 configurator.  I've never waited for a car for so long or rethought my decision(s) so much -- too much time on my hands.  If I were driving the car, none of those thoughts would even be entereing my silly head.Wacko  Everytime I say that I am just going to get a super practical, super reliable, boring car, my husband tells me to get the Clubman because it's my dream car.  I think he secretly wants to drive it.Big%20smile
Rachel

'09 DS Clubman S/LSD/Convenience/Cold Weather/Premium/"No holes" license plate & stubby antenna

Happily Motoring Since
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 6:48am
Oh he does. I think half the men in this club that have two-MINI families ended up buying their own MINI after their wife bought the first one! LOL
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 7:47am
GUMBY welcomes you too
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 8:00am
The wait is going to drive you crazy.  Sounds like it's a lesser wait than the 18 months I was quoted, and 12 months of actual wait time.

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 12:03pm

Coopdy,

A warm welcome to PS MINI! Tongue  I'm glad you found us... I'm kinda curious how you did find out about the club?

Yes, waiting for your MINI can be such a bummer.  I'm not a very patient person sometimes.  I couldn't wait the projected 12+ months that I was told it would take, so I bought mine out of state.  It was hard enough to wait 2 months let alone over a year!  I feel for ya... Unhappy

As far as accessories, it can be pretty much frustrating.  I just ended up ordering all the packages so I wouldn't have to think about something after the fact. LOL  The cold weather pkg is awesome!  I love the heated seats...  It sure comes in handy in the mornings (even today)!  I'm not sure how long the heated coils last in the seats, but let's hope for a while.  Picking out all the different options can be mind-boggling.  I don't envy you there...  It pretty much will come down to your preference on some things.  If you want, you could PM me and I can share some things I've learned that I could've lived without and some things I wish I would've changed (i.e. dash color and other interior mods).

Cheers,
Brenda
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 12:12pm
Welcome and hang in there on that wait.  I had to wait 8 months for my 05 MC and that was agony!  But the MiniUSA makes the wait a lot of fun too.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
nicknbecka View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 12:24pm
Hi Coopdy!

I can understand how that works with the options... somehow, the list only ever got longer though. Big%20smile

Originally posted by phydeaux phydeaux wrote:

The wait is going to drive you crazy.  Sounds like it's a lesser wait than the 18 months I was quoted, and 12 months of actual wait time.

Eek! That is a killer. It helps to research everything and pester your loved ones incessantly though. I'm pretty sure I had the manual memorized by the time I took delivery.
2007 AB/AB MCS w/ Chrome Line
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 4:20pm
Welcome, always nice to add another Clubman

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/08 at 11:15pm
We need more cowbel... I mean Clubmans!  Welcome.
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/08 at 12:51am
Welcome to the club. I was just going to send a friend a copy of the Wallstreet Journel article on the clubman. They titled the article " A Car for a $4-a-gallon Season". But any MINI is much more than that.  You have just joined a family!!  And a fun family it is!!

The wait is just your first "right of passage".  Welcome and do come join us on Aug 16.

Karin

PS  As you can see from the list below, we went with everything but NAV.

Edited by 4LFCLVR - July/25/08 at 1:02am
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
Winston View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/08 at 4:52am
Welcome to a great club.  The wait will be worth it in the long run, right now it's not fun, but once you're behind the wheel...weeeeeWooHoo
Leon & Cynthia
2007 MCSa CR/W
Premium Package, DSC, MFSW, Nav,SIRIUS, JCW-STB, Alta CAI, Alta Intercooler, NHB, 3rd brake pulsar   "Lead the Way"
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/08 at 2:45pm
Wow, thank you all for the welcome -- I do already feel a part of the MINI family!  I likely found PSMINI by googling MINI Seattle.  Then I also heard about it through NW Motoring.  I saw some people recommending it on the site and I posted about a beautiful Laser Blue S Clubman with bonnet stripes just down the block from me -- he or she must think I'm a stalker as I now change my course to and from work to drive by it.  When I didn't see if for awhile (a couple days) I was sad as I thought maybe it was just a vistor's, but it's back home and I love to get glimpses of it again.  I posted on NW Motoring to see if somone on the site owned the car as I'd love to check it out and look at some of the car's interior opyions.  Someone from NW Motoring recommended that I post this on PS MINI forum.

Wow, phydeaux , a 12 month wait, now THAT is a long wait!

Wildfamily, I've heard about the multiple MINI families.  I wonder if my husband would get the bug (it is contagious right Tongue), but if I had to put money on it, I guess not.  He likes something with more ground clearnance and AWD (for the snow)...but I did hear about the Crossman...Big smile

Brenda, I too thought about going out of state and then enjoying the drive home, but the timeline actually fits better into my budget of my original time frame of replacing the Honda this late fall/eary winter.  Plus I just keep telling myself that the wait is part of the journey, and that good things come to those who wait and all those other sayings to try to help fool myself Wink.

Thanks again everyone for the very warm welcome!  Driving in our car to a very overdue getaway today took my husband, myself and two dogs down some windy roads along Hood Canal and I just kept thinking how much more fun it will be to take the MINI on such drives!
Rachel

Happily Motoring Since
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/08 at 2:27am
Welcome again.  Take a que from Brenda, who wouldn't hesitate to chase anyone down and tag them.  In this case, just wonder down the street and introduce yourself.  I bet the owner would be happy to give you a guided tour of their new baby.
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/08 at 3:27pm
Well, 147 days later I have my MINI and I absolutely LOVE IT! WooHoo  I've had it since Friday and have put over 500 miles on it already and have loved every mile.  What a car!  The handling is incredible and I love all the interior options as well.  Thank you to all who helped in the decision making!  I look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Rachel

Happily Motoring Since
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/08 at 5:04pm
Looks Great Rachel, I like that color combo Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/08 at 12:26am
Another clubby!  Yeah! 

I got mine on the 8th & we just tripped 1250 miles this morning.  Yep!  I think we are enjoying it.  Can't wait to see yours and compare "baby" notes!  Thumbs%20Up

Any pictures of the inside?
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/08 at 7:11am
Originally posted by People Eater People Eater wrote:

Another clubby!  Yeah! 

I got mine on the 8th & we just tripped 1250 miles this morning.  Yep!  I think we are enjoying it.  Can't wait to see yours and compare "baby" notes!  Thumbs%20Up

Any pictures of the inside?

Great, you must be loving yours!

This weekend (or tomorrow) I'll have a chance to clean her up (already dirty mats!) and will post some interior pics.  Mostly stock interior incl the checkered option as I really liked this (still awaiting the Anthracite headliner retrofix). Tomorrow she is getting a bath, wax and clear bra installed, I'm excited.
Rachel

Happily Motoring Since
Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 2:54am
It's a beauty!  Hoping to see it in person, soon.  Have you tried using it to transport dogs yet?

Edited by kristin - November/18/08 at 2:55am
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Coopdy Coopdy wrote:

I forgot to ask ... what's in the MINI box? (Sorry for staring at your boot like that!) Tongue

Edited by People Eater - November/18/08 at 3:15am
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 4:45am
Originally posted by kristin kristin wrote:

It's a beauty!  Hoping to see it in person, soon.  Have you tried using it to transport dogs yet?

Thank you!

The dogs are awaiting the arrival of the boot protector.  NW MINI had a few when I called and when I went to pickup the car a few days later they had sold out of all of them -- said that they sold 3 earlier that day!  It is vinyl so it will be weatherproof which is important to me.  We'll mostly use the Jeep for dog park trips but for vacations we'll be using the protector/liner which covers the entire back section.  NW MINI said I should have it by this weekend so I'll take the furkids out after that.  I'm looking forward to getting some pictures of the dogs in the car Big%20smile.
Rachel

Happily Motoring Since
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 4:48am
Originally posted by People Eater People Eater wrote:

Originally posted by Coopdy Coopdy wrote:

I forgot to ask ... what's in the MINI box? (Sorry for staring at your boot like that!) Tongue

My boot is flattered LOL.  NW MINI has these new wonderful sporty bags and when I purchased a new cotton MINI jacket they put it in there.  I thought it looked cute that the MINI was already shopping or carrying a purse Smile.
Rachel

Happily Motoring Since
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 4:57am
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Looks Great Rachel, I like that color combo Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

John

Thanks John!  If the Nightfire Red had been available in the S I would have likely gotten that color, but now that I have the DS I can't imagine her in any other color. Thanks

Rachel

Happily Motoring Since
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 7:03am
Congratulations!  It's Fabulous!

I think the Clubman has really caught on.  I must see a least one new one a week.  I've seen Wht/Black, Red/Blk, Red/Wht, Blue/Pure Silver, Dark Silver/Pure Silver . . . and they are all beautiful and exciting to see!

Happy Motoring! Big%20smile
siggiS View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 11:15am
Congratulations Rachel! She is a beauty!!! Any name yet?
Siggi

2009 Clubman S CR/B Prem/Conv Pkgs/Armrest/Carbon Lounge Leather/Xenon Headlights
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Genie B Genie B wrote:

I think the Clubman has really caught on.  I must see a least one new one a week.  I've seen Wht/Black, Red/Blk, Red/Wht, Blue/Pure Silver, Dark Silver/Pure Silver . . . and they are all beautiful and exciting to see!

The Clubman has definitely "caught on" here in Texas.  There were 16+ Clubmans at the Mini of the Woodlands dealer just north of Houston.  There were many color combinations I hadn't known existed.  I had to stop by and see some of my MINI's cousins while on vacation here. LOL  Poor Kris, a young salesman, got an earful about our PS MINI club in Washington. Wink He was trying to get me to take a brand new JCS for a drive.
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/08 at 11:34pm
By the way...  They apparently have a active MINI club here in the Houston area and surrounding communities...  They had a flyer at the MINI dealer "MINI of the Woodlands" for a get together drive this past weekend.  I'm curious how many showed up.
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/08 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Genie B Genie B wrote:

Thanks!  I am surprised that I don't see more Clubmans (men?) in Seattle.  I am in a Clubman spotting (capturing via camera) contest on NAM and since August I've only seen about six in the wild.  I even try different routes to work to see if I can spot more.  Point them my direction so I can increase my score in the contest -- I commute from Matthews Beach to Fisherman's Terminal. Big%20smile
Rachel

Happily Motoring Since
 Post Reply Post Reply