Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Seattle Area Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'07 Pepper White MINI @ Pyramid Alehouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Topic: '07 Pepper White MINI @ Pyramid Alehouse
    Posted: July/31/08 at 11:07am

While parking at Pyramid Alehouse, Brewery & Restaurant last night for the PS MINI Car Show planning committee get together, I spotted a newer Pepper White MC with tinted windows.  I didn't recognize it as being part of our group.  Wink  There was a Fire Fighter (FF) union sticker in the back window.  I don’t know of many (or any) FFs in our club other than myself.  Anyway, I put a MINI Car Show flyer under the wiper and went to meet up with the rest of the PS MINI group in the restaurant.

Pyramid%20Alehouses

It turns out the MINI belongs to "Robert".  He's a FF for Stanwood-Camano Island Fire Department.  He says the car actually belongs to his wife Tamara.  They happen to be the 2nd owners of this beautiful Pepper White Mini Cooper with a 6 spd. manual.  I gave Robert a “You Were Spotted” card (provided by ginainbelltown since I need to make some more).  I also managed to get his wife’s email address.  I hope to follow up with Tamara soon and tell her all about PS MINI.

A little tid bit:  Robert is going to be featured in the 2009 FF calendar.  The private unveiling of the calendar was last night at the Pyramid.  It's confidential what month he's going to be, but if you want to find out at the calendar unveiling check here for details of the upcoming event:  http://www.firefightercalendar.org/events.cfm  Oh, btw... I was featured in the Washington State Council of Fire Fighter's (WSCFF) Burn Foundation calendar in 2007 & 2008.  If interested:  http://www.firefightercalendar.org/08.cfm , http://www.firefightercalendar.org/Bios.cfm?ID=132 ,

Edited by Hapa Haole - July/31/08 at 11:08am
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
nicknbecka View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/08 at 2:31am
Cool! I got honked at a week or so ago by a passing PW while we got out of the car in Stanwood. Wonder if it was them? Sure is great to see more MINIs up North! :)
2007 AB/AB MCS w/ Chrome Line
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/08 at 2:41am
I did send Tamara's an email, but haven't heard anything back from her yet.  Hopefully I didn't scare her off by being too much of a MINI fanatic. Shocked  Did you happen to notice if the MINI you saw had a FF union sticker on the back window?

Edited by Hapa Haole - August/06/08 at 2:44am
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/08 at 3:12am
They caught me by surprise- I was facing away from the street when they honked and didn't really get a good look. I don't even know if they saw me wave back. Unhappy

If my memory is correct, the windows were tinted 'cause I had trouble seeing if they were waving. I'll keep an eye out for them though :)
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/08 at 2:56am
Hey Brenda,

Got a nice friendly wave from a Pepper White with the FF sticker on the back left in downtown Stanwood last night- tinted windows again so I didn't see who was waving, but there was a wave there Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply