Topic ClosedTire Rack Customer Service Lives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire Rack Customer Service Lives
    Posted: August/26/08 at 9:28am
OK without going into all the details I was pleasantly surprised by the eventual response received from Tire Rack.

Purchased Hankook Ventus Rs-2 Z212. Had two HPDE and one afternoon lapping with Proformance. Hot day and tires chunked after the lapping afternoon. WTF. Sent email and pictures to Tire Rack with several others following and the long and short of it, they offered a one-time accommodation on my next tire purchase.

Really nice to have a company stand behind their products and work to keep their customers coming back. Hopefully they forwarded the details on to Hankook Tires.

Earned my respect and business but I don't think I'll be buying another set of Hankook's.

Cheers!

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/08 at 9:45am
All full treaded tires probably will chunk, even the so-called "track tires", even some molded to only 6/32nds.  Take advantage of the Tire Rack's shaving service.  Believe it or not, shaved tires will often outlast full treaded tires if properly heat cycled.  That said, Pacific Raceways has BRUTAL pavement.  Just part of the deal, I guess...

Sorry about your Hankooks.

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
 Post Reply Post Reply